Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine
Rory McIlroy, probably one of the biggest names in golf, is apparently not going to the Olympics because of Zika:

quote:

Rory McIlroy has pulled out of the Olympic Games in Rio because of concerns about the Zika virus.

In a statement, McIlroy said that "my health and my family's health comes before everything else".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/36595631

I wonder if this will inspire more athletes to do similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

I like the idea of having a permanent Olympic base in Greece. It would make far sense logistically.

Where would a likely permanent base for the winter Olympics be, though? That would probably a far more contentious choice.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

They're "looking for a cheap flight"? How do they expect to book last minute flights home for the entire Kenyan delegation without paying a fortune?

Surely thats the sort of thing that should be booked months in advance.

• Locked thread