Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frajaq posted:

I love Zika Virus, it's an excellent excuse for the Olympics to not happen here, gently caress the olympics

Even though it brings bad things we already spent a billion bucks on infrastructure. If we waste that the loving opposition will grab on it like a rabid dog. Frig off. Also the Zika itself is not that dangerous if you aren't pregnant, the symptoms are not even that bad when compared to Dengue and Yellow Fever, which I got and it sucked rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fanatic posted:

In September I'm going to a wedding in Forte Leza (north-eastern Brazil) for a week. Prior to that I'm travelling around Peru, Argentina and Rio for 18 days, so hearing now that Zika could stay in your system for up to 10 weeks is a bit disturbing... :ohdear:

It's spelled Fortaleza, dumbass. Also just keep to Meireles and Aldeota area since there's like no loving skeeters ever around here if you are that scared.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mozi posted:

It's scary because it's new and looks like it can cause birth defects, but there are many other pre-existing mosquito-borne illnesses that have a much larger impact (dengue, malaria, etc etc.) Getting rid of mosquitos entirely would be a pretty good goal IMO, especially as species that thrive in cities begin to become more widespread.

We already have spent a century trying to get rid of the Aedes but they are way too loving resilient to do so. From genetic engineering to spraying everything and trying to get rid of hatching places, nothing works.

Fanatic posted:

But Forte Leza sounds cooler. Who knows, maybe it translates to a fort protected by lasers in Brazilian Spanish.

This is terrorism.

• Locked thread