Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

GBS in infected individuals.

Oh gently caress, It's official, SA has officially jumped from the digital to the organic world. Soon everyone suffering from Zika will start shitposting mercilessly.

God help us all. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Man, Plague Inc got loving intense. And he got the Olympic Games modifier! Lucky bastard. :v:

Realtalk, how many plagues have been just big scary things that ultimately petered out into nothing? I remember Bird Flu, and West Nile Virus, which ultimately ended up just. . .being nothing at all.

Yeah it's scary. And I'm sad that people have it, but I don't really think it'll end up being that big a deal. Or am I mistaken? Is this somehow different?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

PT6A posted:

Didn't someone post a study showing that mosquitoes serve no important function in the ecosystem?

I'd disagree on that entirely. Mosquitoes serve basically as a source of protein for a lot of animals that wouldn't otherwise be getting it. By eating the annoying little bastards, frogs/bats/Whatever get a boost of protein from the blood they've ingested. Instead of trying to destroy the bugs, we should be looking on how we can modify them to not be quite as annoying. Mosquitoes can already spread viruses and parasites, why not develop something they can spread that's beneficial? Vaccines or something. Or see if they can't modify their spit to be painless and also not itchy. I'd be fine with getting bit as long as there wasn't that loving itch/if it gave me a booster for vaccines and poo poo.

• Locked thread