Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sinteres posted:

If enough countries decided to boycott, that could still force their hand or leave them with a shitshow.

So just the aquatic events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Just seems like the perfect crime.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So the private security guard only pointed a loaded gun at the drunk idiots twice before taking their money? If this is what petty drunken vandalism gets you I'd hate to see what happens to someone who steals, gets into a fender bender, or trespasses.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dias posted:

you'd rather take the narrative of a guy caught in a lie three times

vs the Brazilian government and police Olympic organisers. Truly paragons of virtue and honesty.

I don't meant this as a personal attack but if the events are as you describe them here and are considered normal, Rio sounds like just the place I don't ever want to visit.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dias posted:

First, nah, I'm quoting poo poo out of the other swimmers' mouthes AND video evidence. Second, what events, though? You can get a gun pointed at you by police officers in America if you refuse to comply/try to escape. You can try and pay for damages to avoid getting arrested for a misdemeanor too. That's my point, I have no idea how this was "akin to a mugging". I can tell you it's not "normal" if you're not a fuckhead tho, I've somehow went through life without getting mugged by security officers.

Think you're missing my point. I'm taking what you say at face value. I'm accepting that you have likely reliable sources. Still sounds utterly insane to me. And yes, America is also nuts. Noted. I'll also stay away from the crazy parts of the US.

Anyway, you don't seem capable of taking this as anything but a personal attack so I'll leave it here. Sorry your city got bad PR for being kind of insane and scary.

• Locked thread