Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Morrow posted:

London is one of the few modern Olympics that occurred in a first world country with responsible governance and an affluent population.

Also less ostentatious than most modern Olympics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

-Troika- posted:

IMO, countries that have difficulty with the concept of modern plumbing should not be allowed to post the olympics.

Check your civilised country privilege :c00lbutt:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Isn't India already toiletized?

Street making GBS threads megathread is in GBS.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

About 450,000 condoms will be distributed during the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, three times more than for the London Games four years ago, the International Olympic Committee says.

Part of the reason was because 100,000 female condoms will be available for the first time, along with 350,000 condoms for men. About 175,000 packets of lubricant are also being supplied.

The IOC says the condoms would encourage 10,500 athletes and staff to practice safe sex.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/05/20/plans-to-distribute-450000-condoms-at-olympics-announced-by-ioc/

how long do the athletes stay for the olympics on average, they should probably aim for like three condoms per person per day

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

hrrrm, yes
this seems fine and good

so, I think this was discussed earlier in the thread, but at what point do you consider pulling out of, or canceling, the olympics? I know there's a lot riding on athletes being able to attend and compete but when does it stop being worth it?

Major asteroid strike cratering half the country?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lid posted:

Coincidentally London was suggested frequently as an alternative from their excellent 2010 Olympic infrastructure still being available except something seems to have happened in England recently and that's no longer an option. :shrug:

This would be a good thing, because some of the tourists would spread out into rural shitholes and cause racist heads to explode.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

joepinetree posted:

The minister of sport for the interim government said that security is outstanding and nothing has happened to people who were out at appropriate times in appropriate places.

The concept that near the venue for a major international event full of tourists everyone should be able to go out at any time seems to be unknown.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Either way, it's very rio_olympics.txt

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Dias posted:

I'm not taking it as a personal attack, man. I'm just baffled at someone saying "this is a literal mugging anyway" despite loads of evidence pointing in the other direction, and I can only assume it's a "lol brazil" thing. gently caress, I live thousands of miles AWAY from Rio anyway, gently caress cariocas and Flamengo and Copacabana. But dude, if "vandals got held up; paid for damages to avoid the police" is such an insane situation for you as an AMERICAN, I dunno what to say. Maybe it's the gun that shocked you, but most official accounts are saying "held at gunpoint" was a vast overstatement.

In civilised society mall cops have the authority to stand their fat rear end in your way while swearing at you for shoplifting or breaking a door or something. It's the actual cops that point guns at you (in moderately civilised countries) or just go and arrest you without involving guns (in fully civilised countries).

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

rscott posted:

You don't pull a gun on someone unless you are willing to shoot them, and if you're willing to shoot someone over some petty property damage that makes you pretty messed up. Being an idiot and a dick is not a capital offense. That's the point everyone is trying to make.

also that private security guards hired by random businesses are not the police and don't have even remotely comparable authority to actual police (except in the mad max wasteland of south amerikkka I guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

What did the State Department tell him?

To shut the gently caress up on twitter while it's being sorted out.

• Locked thread