Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Werewolves rule, mummies drool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You jerks are making me nostalgic for Hackers and I didn't even like the movie the first time around.
Speaking about crappy 90's movies, any other guilty pleasures for folks here from stuff from the 90's? I am still partial to Spawn myself.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Slerf off, you derengier toad.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

It's true, though moving to Canada from South Africa is a bit of a culture shock.

Also I was going to make a joke about reading Incognegro while listening to Turbonegro but I couldn't make it work.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
With Lucifer the TV show being a police procedural I started wondering what it would be like if other critically acclaimed comics made the jump onto network TV. This is what I have come up with so far.

Synopsis: In the near future, every male human and animal has been wiped out. At first the surviving female humans thought that this would lead to a new era in humankind, one of peace, understanding and compassion, but as society rebuilt itself it soon became clear that women were just as capable of committing crime as men. Detective Therese Fiona Fivel leads a special police department to solve some of the more heinous crimes. Aided by the mysterious Y, a person whose true identity has remained as much a mystery as her name, Fivel sets out to solve the mysteries and crimes of the new society. However, the biggest mystery comes with the reveal that Y is actually a man, with a deep knowledge of the criminal underbelly threatening to topple down civilization. With each solved crime, Y and Fivel move closer to the truth.
Coming this fall season Y: The Last man only on Fox.

Synopsis: When a strange man dressed in black approached the FBI offering to help the agency capture the most heinous serial killers known to man, many agents were skeptical. When the strange man told them of his plan of entering the dreams of serial killers to find out when they would strike next, many dismissed him as a lunatic. Many accept for Agent Nada, who is at first skeptical but soon begins to believe in the strange man's powers. As the cases are solved by Agent Nada and the strange man, now going by the name of Murphy, a new killer has risen and threatens to end the life of Murphy and Nada. Can they stop the killer known as "The Corinthian"
Coming this fall season The Sandman only on NBC

Synopsis: Hothead and hot tempered reporter John "Spider" Jerusalem has been out of the game for a while, but a story of political and police corruption has piqued his interest and brought him out of his hermetic lifestyle. Making a deal with the cool, determined Detective Channon Yarrow to help her solve crimes while she helps him do research for his book, the two unlikely partners solve crimes that reach deep into the underbelly of city they live in. They are a force to be reckoned with, but they may have met their match when they face their toughest challenge yet. Proving that the serial killer known as "The Smiler" is also the man running to be president of the United States.
Coming this summer Transmet, only on Fox.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

muscles like this? posted:

Stupid James Bond Jr, not being James Bond's son.

I guess having one of Bond's many bastard kids running around having adventure wouldn't be considered kid friendly.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ferrule posted:

Don't be ashamed!

Show of hands - who learned new words/phrases because of comics? poo poo you didn't get from Sesame Street and by the time you got to high school and they tossed that vocabulary lesson you're way you were like "hey, I read this in Amazing Spiderman when I was 9".

I learned that you can't read in dreams because of Batman.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

CapnAndy posted:

Oh my God there are unaccounted Eggs Fu and nobody's ever done anything with that? I have lost a great deal of respect for literally everyone who's ever written a comic book ever today.

In sure given the chance Morrison would make then pivotal characters in Final Crisis 2.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As a DC fanboy I don't want any gems. The Anti-Life equation is good enough for me.

edit: Though I will concede for Wolverine's healing factor, especially after a night of playing hockey.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

DrProsek posted:

As a DC fanboy, you're gonna need the Reality gem to fix what's wrong with current DC :colbert:.

Also regeneration is cool and all, but does your hair regenerate to a certain length too? I know X-23 has been burned to the point that she's bald and then within a scene or two regenerates her hair to full length, does that mean if I get Wolverine regeneration my hair will have to be the same hair Wolverine has and if I try to cut it it just grows back?

And what about finger nails, what if your powers decide that 6 inch nails is what your body's natural state for fingernails is? I'm just saying, there are downsides to Wolverine's powers.

Wolverine's hair is a secondary mutation onto itself.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lightning Lord posted:

Woah pump the brakes here, son. While the Gauntlet and individual gems can conceivably be used for good, the Equation doesn't have much use beyond cosmic fascism. Are we getting a profound look into your psyche here?

But I would use it for good and.......Okay I got nothing. Fine, I'll bite. Which gem can I use to make the Canucks win a Stanley Cup?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Current stuff I read right away, but for trades I think I got 3 on my side table waiting so not too bad. How long does it take most people to read a single issue?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As a Canadian I am trying to figure out how to even have a backlog right now. I have been cutting titles just to save money so I am only reading maybe 2 or so comics per week.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
See when I think of Cavemen I think of those stupid Geiko Insurance commercials and cavemen are ruined for me.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Rejoice! For today brings great great news.

And just to spoil my clickbaity headline up there, new Beasts of Burden announced.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

I wonder who's read the most comics ever. Fan or industry person?

Either Mark Waid or Kurt Busiek.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
This is why I'm prepared to put Busiek above Waid. Busiek just send to love all comics.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

boom boom boom posted:

anyone who thinks John Stewart isn't one of the best characters DC has needs to read Green Lantern Mosaic immediately.

Preaching the truth here. That series makes Stewart slightly edge out Kyle as best Lantern for me.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

I change my avatar hourly to show off how rich I am.

Always to the same thing. Because I can.

I figure the goon that keeps bugging Rhyno new avatars is just showing of view rich he is. Poor Rhyno. Another victim of the wealthy elite.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Squizzle posted:

Chilling in my study, sipping a gin & Code Red, reading the Long Halloween oversized hardcover; wearing a top hat, monocle, ThinkGeek t-shirt, and an unaltered off-the-rack suit. Chuckling at a bon mot from the Dark Knight Detective, I pick up my CyanogenMod-flashed Moto X and check how my bitcoin holdings are doing.

I get my manservant to read my comics for me. Then write scathing posts about said comics on the forum Batman's Shameful Secret.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Guess who turns 80 today?

The best thing about the Phantom is that it gave us Phantom 2040 and that is the best thing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I have this dude, comes in every Wednesday, every single week, picks books up off the shelf and tries to dictate his own prices. He'll bring the stack up, ask how much it is and promptly off half price. We have never given him a deal but he keeps trying going on three years now.

Maybe it has just become a routine for him, and he would be shocked if you actually gave him a discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I applied to work at my comic shop about a dozen times but they never hired me. So I had to get myself a real job.

I'm still bitter.

• Locked thread