Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WickedHate posted:

Lord of the jungle, the hero who stalks, the beast call him brother, THE GHOST THAT WALKS! :rock:

The Ghost Who Walks is still my favourite superhero sobriquet. (I also like the Phantom's other one: The Man Who Cannot Die)

In other news, Marvel May solicits are out, and Bendis and Maleev did more issues of loving Scarlet?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

What is Scarlet? Because I'm always up for more Bendis/Maleev.

Imagine a more social justice oriented Punisher, except it's hipster chick from Portland mad that her equally hipster boyfriend got shot by cops.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DrProsek posted:

That actually sounds amazing... Was that supposed to be the reason Scarlet is terrible? :ohdear:

No, the expletive was more that I was confused they're finishing it. I actually kind of liked it, but the last issue came out like 5 years ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Aint no maybe.

After his failed attempts to barter he ends up buying two or three out if the 15 books he's pulled. And of course he leaves the unpurchased booms on the counter.

Doesn't that mean he wouldn't be able to afford the whole stack at half-off even if you said yes?
:psyduck:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I actually have a comic concept that features Joan of Arc and H.P. Lovecraft traveling around and having adventures. And ol' HP was at least as racist as Jeb Bush.

Lovecraft's ridiculous racist ranting is one of my favourite gags from Atomic Robo. Just babbling incoherently about how savage and mindless the nuclear powered robot with a New York accent is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Journey into mystery and uncanny x-men after schism

He also had a brief run on Thor between JMS and Fraction that made me really sad that they didn't just promise Matt a Thor miniseries or something and leave Kieron on the main book.

SWORD was also a super-fun short-lived book by Gillen and Steve Sanders (and stop whining about how Beast looks, I can hear you already).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

trashbuilder posted:

Patsy Walker Hellcat is ukelele covers and you know it!

My least favourite LMFAO track.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, random point, but I really, really wish Michael Bay had decided to make the Transformers movies centred around Rachael Taylor instead of Megan Fox and The Beef. Well, not REALLY, because she wouldn't be Hellcat, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I love the idea of false flag comic books.

It was a plot by the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with Ike Perlmutter and the reverse vampires.

• Locked thread