Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak posted:

Someone once described Star Trek as "serious sci fi" to me.
That person has literally no idea what they are talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

At least the half that's not cop show would be lingerie show.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It was totally a thing - Defenders of the Earth also did it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, Marvel Heroes was like dogshit bad when it came out, but extensive patching saw it improve to be playable and even fun. But they were still rated at Metacritic of "dogshit bad" due to that initial launch.

They changed the name again this year, and they'll do it again next year.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Please do not bad mouth Quickpulse and Aquamor.

Nah-man?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Like you weren't born from a slightly larger person.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Wolverine's got retarded aging and can barely get hangovers, and most importantly his injuries heal. All of them. Nothing is more horrible than still feeling pain from a 10 year old injury, and Wolverine never has to deal with that. That's the real superpower.
I mean, his entire character is a surly dick because he hasn't dealt with any emotional pain in the hundred plus years he's been loving up his own life, but yeah - no bung knee.

e: Time and Mind. Space seems like a complete waste because what's the difference between instant travel and being able to stop time and aging? Other than I can't teleport to space environments that will kill me.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 10, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I pretty much imagine everyone who lives centuries rather than decades actually will inevitably build up that much emotional baggage.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I would just use it to gift other people powers so they can be superheroes and supervillains of their own choice for real then sit on the moon watching it all play out for my own amusement while I teleport doritos and mountain dew directly into my toilet and deflect any criticism of my power use by insisting I can't intervene in events.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I liked the joke.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Its suppose to be gross and messed up. That is the whole point of it and how immortality is not a good thing.
It sounds more like having a miscarriage every morning is not a good thing, and wouldn't be fun even if you only did it for 40 years then died.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

He lives on the moon.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The title says "ranking all the characters" and yet notably absent are the new ones from the Street Fighter released just in time for the article. :colbert:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Alaois posted:

did I scroll past him and not notice or is Skullamania not on that list and also why is he not number 1
EX characters are non-canon and also not owned by Capcom.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Squizzle posted:

(Side note: At the same time Iceman and Aquaman combine, so do Flash and Cannonball. I will accept no name for this Amalgam character but Cannonball Run.)
Speedball.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Everything is arbitrary.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I met my first roommate on a BBS.

It was as awesome and as terrible as you're imagining.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

WickedHate posted:

I'll be roommates with you! I can't pay rent but I'll be the cutest home decor sitting around on my laptop all day,
So basically my last gf.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Norns posted:

What the gently caress happened to gen Y? That what everyone called my generation when I was younger.
The 'Y' was a placeholder until the 'characteristics' of the generation became known.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Norns posted:

K so how do you explain Gen X still being gen X?

This is real stupid and makes zero sense.

Ghostlight posted:

Everything is arbitrary.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's the Bizzaro Comics strip where Alan Scott makes a boxing glove to defeat a bank robber and then the boxing glove has an existential crisis.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm a big fan of the reader's club for finding new stuff. I don't listen to the associated podcast, but I generally check to see what it's recommending.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Is it possible to crowdfund Land's permanent retirement from the business?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I really like Nina Gordon's cover of Straight Outta Compton.

• Locked thread