Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRA9MZi6ZEU

Taiwanese animated news about Trump and Marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

WickedHate posted:

To be fair to Star Trek, the people who made those comics literally never saw the show(which is why Spock is wearing red).
TOS has the gangster planet, a wild west episode, and Lincoln fighting Genghis Khan. You can watch the show and think that cover makes perfect sense.

It wouldn't be the first famous 1960s TV series to have space mummies either.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, since February is the designated month of romance, I've been considering setting up a thread to celebrate couples in comics. Anyone think it's threadworthy?
:justpost:

This forum is really heavily tilted towards megathreads, so the worst that could happen is it gets a short run and then sits on page 2.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It's got plenty of normal jokes too, and the references don't really weigh it down.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

The Multiversity had an awesome version of Anthro, who seemed to be deeply enjoying his immortality. He pulled baller moves like giving Lady Blackhawk this priceless antique gem and when she's like "dude this is literally priceless I can't accept it as a gift" he just tells her pfft, whatever, sell it to a museum then and he'll come pick it back up when the museum falls down.

Probably my favourite Multiversity behind Pax Americana and Thunderworld.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Jedi posted:

I very rarely post in here, mostly because I'm still catching up on comics after a 10-12 year absence, but I gotta say this is one of the best responses to his death I've seen today. Bravo, sir.

The best one was
https://twitter.com/BettyBowers/status/698639054003245056

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Guess who turns 80 today?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

It is really weird that my grandpa is older than The Phantom.

Your Grandpa isn't the original Grandpa, since the title has been passed down from father to son for many centuries.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Squizzle posted:

Almost exactly like comics "Ages" (Golden, Silver, etc.), pinning that poo poo down to years isn't actually useful. The real tests are all about culture and influences.

If the Cold War was a huge influence on your childhood, and it was socially unacceptable for someone your age to live with their parents after finishing college—you're Gen-X.

e: Also, if your youthful impression of New York was Scorcese Scary, you're probably Gen-X. If it was Giuliani's cleaner, touristy city, you're almost certainly Millennial.

Were you an adult when 9/11 happened? Probably not Millennial. Looking for (or lost) your first job during the financial crisis? Probably a Millenial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Die Laughing posted:

Who reads Squirrel Girl besides like five nerds..."Entertainment Weekly's best super hero comic of the year!" See!? Nobody likes Squirrel Girl!

Last year someone suggested (seriously, as far as I can tell) that Squirrel Girl was designed to fail so that Marvel didn't have to keep making stuff with a female lead.

• Locked thread