Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Madkal posted:

Speaking about crappy 90's movies, any other guilty pleasures for folks here from stuff from the 90's? I am still partial to Spawn myself.

The Subspecies movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

But to be fair to Gold Key, the Original Series was terrible.

Ghostlight posted:

That person has literally no idea what they are talking about.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

John Byrne is a creepy pedophile who got lucky with a pretty good Superman run and inventing corrupt CEO Lex.

I've heard that this was actually Marv Wolfman's idea from when he was a kid.

quote:

He's a pretty good artist but nearly everything written by him is so bad. I actually had high hopes for his Fantastic Four run and was really disappointed.

I'm dead keen on his Fantastic Four stuff myself, but I reckon I'm predisposed to like the FF in general. I even enjoy Tom DeFalco's run when Sue was in the swimsuit with the 4-shaped boob window and Reed wore a safari jacket over his costume.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

Y'know, one of those stories you just roll your eyes and go "yeah sure Mark you're totally done with DC now" :rolleyes:.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

drat, that would have been really funny, though.

2edgy4me

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, fair enough. It's all in good fun. :D

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, not at all. I don't really think about politics very much. It's gone quite far down my list of hobbies since I was in school.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I followed politics avidly when I was in school, but I think I've been burned out in the intervening six years or so by a combination of having irritatingly right-wing family and always ending up with equally obnoxious left-wing classmates in university. Soured me on the whole thing.

It's more complicated than that, of course, but talking about it upsets me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Marvel did mini-crossovers in their annuals. The most famous ones are Atlantis Attacks and the Evolutionary War (which were also the biggest) but there were others like Return of the Defenders, which I've just read (involving the Hulk, Namor, Dr Strange and Silver Surfer annuals), the Korvac Quest (the GOTG, Silver Surfer, FF and Thor annuals), Subterranean Wars (Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Namor, Iron Man, Hulk) and others.

For the most part, they were a bit of a drag, but I'm curious to know - were any of them especially good?

• Locked thread