Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Norns posted:

K so how do you explain Gen X still being gen X?

This is real stupid and makes zero sense.

Because Gen X'ers are lazy good for nothing slackers who can't even be bothered to name their generation something hip and 'with it.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

KoldPT posted:

I feel like i've read most commonly mentioned runs, but i'll take a look

so far, highlights:

- planet hulk is good
- world war hulk was ok, the tie-ins were terrible
- my younger brother wanted to read deadpool and he ended up just reading GOTG pretty much
- gonna read all of fraction's stuff!
Don't do this. Don't do this at all. Fraction did have some interesting stuff with Marvel (knife gun!) but his Uncanny X-men was middling at best and constantly torn down by Greg Land art. Also he wrote Fear Itself. That alone should keep you from reading everything he did for Marvel.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

TwoPair posted:

To be fair it probably wouldn't have been that bad as the original Cap/Thor story it was envisioned as. I mean, "evil god makes (basically) a bunch of evil Thors" sounds good on paper. But then Marvel had to event it up, as they are wont to do.

I think it would've made a pretty good contained event but also Fraction was running pretty meh in his Thor run before Fear Itself so I'm not sure he would've handled it amazingly. Fraction has done some great stuff and some of his all time best has been at Marvel but he never got a good voice for Asgard at all. But yes, I agree he got screwed worse and basically setup to fail when they wanted to push a Cap/Thor line wide event because they had a couple movies coming out.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

trashbuilder posted:

Patsy Walker Hellcat is ukelele covers and you know it! Or whatever the hell that thing is where they cover songs in old styles? Post-modern jukebox?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUnGn8jpN00

It's Patsyyyyyy, Patsyyyyyy. I really want to be your friend and hope this day will never end.

• Locked thread