Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DrProsek posted:

Hey nerds, in addition to reading at least 1 series that includes Beef, I'm picking out a book in my TPB backlog to read for the month of February and thought y'all might help me pick which one to do this month.

My picks for Feb are:
1) Copperhead Vol 1

2) DMZ: On The Ground Vol 1

3) Star Wars: Darth Vader Vol 1

4) Burn all three books, start again.

Obviously if work/school is't too crazy this month I could easily have time for all of these but I'm picking one book that I will absolutely read at minimum.

Copperhead is good stuff. DMZ is alright. Haven't read Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

boom boom boom posted:

I just read the premise of Insexts, and it sounds cool. I'd read Insexts if it was called literally anything else

I thought it looked kind of terrible, but I picked up the first issues of all the other Aftershock comics, except the Ennis one, and they were good. Especially Strayer and Super Zero.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Hellfire Club show has already been scrapped.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Squizzle posted:

Given the choice, what two Infinity Gems would you want to control?

Time and Reality.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I will take whichever gem that gives me the power to cloak my farts after I eat spicy food.

So the whole Gauntlet then?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My backlog is in different states of delay. I'd say about 70% of the current stuff I follow I'm completely caught up on. I think the longest I'm behind on a current running series that I have already have paid for and is just sitting is four issues. Christmas time really put me behind on stuff but I have priority stuff that I generally read within at least a day or two of release. For stuff that's long since done I have a big backlog, but who doesn't? If you're a comic reader that really wants to read a lot of stuff you should have a sizable backlog that you can pick something random out of at any given time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Only because Gruenwald passed away.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mark Waid is the kind of guy that probably reads comics he hates just because he needs to know what's going on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Waid is such a comic nerd that it extends well beyond the books themselves. Like he knows the entire history of the industry down to like what editors were working on what back at DC and Marvel in the '50s and '60s. It's truly an encyclopedic knowledge of everything involving comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fraction for me is one of those writers where he'll write like five books and I'll really dislike three of them and really love the other two. He's the very definition of hit and miss for me. Sometimes even in the same title. For instance I loved the majority of Hawkeye but once he split them up and did the Kate goes to LA stuff the book just took a nosedive. Not helped by the massive delays.

In the good pile I'd throw in the first 2/3 of Hawkeye, Immortal Iron Fist, Fantastic Four/FF, The Order, The Defenders, and Sex Criminals. And in the bad pile I'd throw in everything else I've read by him including some Iron Man, some X-Men, some Thor, Fear Itself, Punisher, ODY-C.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 25, 2016

• Locked thread