Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Deadpool hates balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love me some Savage Dragon. Previously I said it's a shame that Larsen doesn't care anymore and I didn't clarify. I feel like he stopped caring about putting the book out in a timely manner because there have been several stretches where the issues came out at a glacial pace. I fell off years ago and keep meaning to get back into it. It's a shame he hasn't released the series in the OS format Invincible and Walking Dead get.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It looks stupid now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Squizzle posted:

Aaaaaand now that theme song is stuck in my head all day.

I just assumed that was running through your head 24/7.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Erik Larsen must really hate John Byrne. He had a sleazy character in Savage Dragon named Johnny Redbeard, based on Byrne, who exploited a hot, green-skinned woman he called Sensation (who later reinvented herself as She-Dragon).

Everyone hates John Byrne.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I will take whichever gem that gives me the power to cloak my farts after I eat spicy food.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

So the whole Gauntlet then?

Whatever it takes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When I get the IG the first thing that happens is everyone who enjoys the Big Bang Theory gets deported to Saturn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Mark Waid is the kind of guy that probably reads comics he hates just because he needs to know what's going on.

I'm pretty sure he's said as much. There was a big trivia contest at the Chicago Comicon like 10 years ago and they kept asking questions about Image books and Waid didn't know any of them and he was getting madder and madder about it. When he didn't win he got kind of huffy that he'd have to read lesser comic books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I do seem to recall that there was a "Stump Mark Waid" panel at a convention and someone started to ask a question about Rom and he just said he doesn't know anything about Rom.

Fake edit: I just looked up the panel report and not only did that happen, but he also said he hadn't read any of the New 52 books (this was in 2012, so maybe that has changed).

Yeah he's super bitter about comics and it's just getting worse with old age.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because I was apparently smart and loaded up on Deadpool poo poo we did $1700 just in Deadpool sales today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We sold 7 of the Marvel Select figure, a bunch of banks, pins, ARTFX statues, lots of the classic trades, two omnis and hundreds of single issues.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

I just had a thought-what if the new cinematic Green Lantern was Alan Scott? It makes perfect sense. No GLC baggage, clean break from the last movie, and Scott was inexplicably the Lantern in Kingdom Come.

I'd be down. Alan rules.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have this dude, comes in every Wednesday, every single week, picks books up off the shelf and tries to dictate his own prices. He'll bring the stack up, ask how much it is and promptly off half price. We have never given him a deal but he keeps trying going on three years now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe he's crazy.

Maybe Rhyno's crazy.

Aint no maybe.

After his failed attempts to barter he ends up buying two or three out if the 15 books he's pulled. And of course he leaves the unpurchased booms on the counter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where's that creepy gently caress who dropped BSS into the Sonic books? He'd know if they are gloves.

Edit: I guess after I left some dude had a hissy fit over Spider-man getting top billing on Spider-man/Deadpool.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 18, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Comic book stores sound weird

I love my job. Monday we begin gearing up for FCBD, the best day of the year in comic book retail.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It'll be like the Purge but you're only allowed to kill rich people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

It's anyone who "grew up" post 2000, so it pretty much goes back to the early 80s.

Seriously? I thought it was people who were teenagers in the 00's. I mean poo poo, I was born in '79 so I barely avoided this obnoxious label?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a Prof in college who told me I was too young to be GenX. Stupid generational labels.

Aphrodite posted:

As long as we have another decade. You never know what those darn millennials are going to do to the planet!

I mean I don't want to get branded as a millennial but I give absolutely no fucks about the future of this planet as I have no children and won't be around to see it anyways.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Hi-five fellow '79-er!

Care to join me for Senior Dinner at 4pm?

Bob Evans as usual?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Wait, I was born in 1982, that makes me a millenial? Nooooooooo I don't wanna have to snapchat the vines

You will install the Facevinespace app on your phone right this instant mister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Marvel did mini-crossovers in their annuals. The most famous ones are Atlantis Attacks and the Evolutionary War (which were also the biggest) but there were others like Return of the Defenders, which I've just read (involving the Hulk, Namor, Dr Strange and Silver Surfer annuals), the Korvac Quest (the GOTG, Silver Surfer, FF and Thor annuals), Subterranean Wars (Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Namor, Iron Man, Hulk) and others.

For the most part, they were a bit of a drag, but I'm curious to know - were any of them especially good?

I remember Assault on Armor City's being really, really terrible.

• Locked thread