Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
One of the many reasons I love Hackers is that none of the technobabble is wrong, but it's almost always irrelevant. So instead of throwing nonsense words around or getting the jargon wrong, they do it exactly right, but in service of describing a really good monitor and then acting like monitors increase processing power or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Escobarbarian posted:

How is 'The Private Eye'? Is buying the HC worth it? That creative team is like whoa.
I didn't like it. It's got an interesting concept and a lot of cool worldbuilding that never actually comes up in the story itself, which basically spends all its time running in place and left me cold.

Also DrProsek, read Vader, it's really good.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Wait so what happened to Egg Fu 2, 3, and 4 then? Are there unaccounted Eggs Fu?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Benito Cereno posted:

There are. There are only two appearances of Egg Fu in the Silver Age, and this is the second one.

The first appearance of Egg Fu is one of the weirdest comics ever, and I think Egg Fu is maybe only the third weirdest thing in it.
Oh my God there are unaccounted Eggs Fu and nobody's ever done anything with that? I have lost a great deal of respect for literally everyone who's ever written a comic book ever today.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Time and Mind for me, thanks.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Squizzle posted:

It's not a backlog, it's a library. :colbert: It's a sad person who doesn't own more books than they'll ever be able to read.
I read so fast and so voraciously that I have to re-read everything I own over and over and over again, and then when a book I've been looking forward to comes out I finish it in two days and go back to wanting to read something but having nothing new to read. Treasure your slowness.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The Multiversity had an awesome version of Anthro, who seemed to be deeply enjoying his immortality. He pulled baller moves like giving Lady Blackhawk this priceless antique gem and when she's like "dude this is literally priceless I can't accept it as a gift" he just tells her pfft, whatever, sell it to a museum then and he'll come pick it back up when the museum falls down.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Squizzle posted:

I just conducted a pretty powerful exorcism in the dolls thread, and I must have more swole magic than I thought, because it moved at the speed of wizard (much faster than the speed of time) and as a side effect managed to annihilate whatever foul energies were still animating Justice Scalia, somewhat earlier today.

I just don't know what to do with all of this newfound power.
Alito or Thomas, please?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Travis343 posted:

Pat Robertson is somehow still alive. Go for it.
NO!

He dies last.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

END ME SCOOB posted:

In all seriousness: I want these proposed Star Wars "interquels" to do well so we can get more "(genre/concept) in (non-standard universe)" out of these endless universes of films. Give me that proposed Sith lord heist film. I want Heat, but with Green Lanterns. Make Spider Man Loves Mary Jane into a series of cute romantic comedies. This seems so goddamn obvious make it happen.
Well the first interquel is the story of the dudes who stole the Death Star plans, so I think you're getting your heist movie at least.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

My alternative is just killing everyone over a certain net worth and splitting up their stuff.
No, then we end up killing the good ones who fund useful causes and invent cool poo poo too.

The solution is to kill all the Republicans, everyone stop pussy-footing around with this "what no we just gotta get all the rich old white people" nonsense and say it plain. It's not like it takes the NSA to crack that particular code, just admit it. You'll feel better.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

The acedemic cutoff is 1981. Rhyno just barely escapes. Hence my annoyance at 21 year olds cussing out 17 year olds for being no-good millenials.
Wait, I was born in 1982, that makes me a millenial? Nooooooooo I don't wanna have to snapchat the vines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Were you an adult when 9/11 happened? Probably not Millennial. Looking for (or lost) your first job during the financial crisis? Probably a Millenial.
I was 19 when 9/11 happened, but in my first job during the financial crisis (I didn't lose it though, but it was a close goddamned thing when it looked like all the car companies were going to collapse). I'M UNCLASSIFIABLE

• Locked thread