Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
The observation that it's like the comics you made as a teenager is exactly on point, because that's exactly what's happening. Larsen is literally drawing a comic he made up when he was a kid, and doing it the way he wants to. It probably helps that he made so much money in the '90s that he can afford not to give a gently caress.

The rest of your points are all well stated as well. I hope you manage to turn up a copy of the first two archives, as there's some really good stuff in there, especially now that I know you liked the stuff from 50-75. Of course, 76 is when things get, for better or worse, really crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

CapnAndy posted:

Wait so what happened to Egg Fu 2, 3, and 4 then? Are there unaccounted Eggs Fu?

There are. There are only two appearances of Egg Fu in the Silver Age, and this is the second one.

The first appearance of Egg Fu is one of the weirdest comics ever, and I think Egg Fu is maybe only the third weirdest thing in it.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Madkal posted:

In sure given the chance Morrison would make then pivotal characters in Final Crisis 2.

You may know this, but he already made Egg Fu a pivotal character in 52, so I wouldn't put it past him.

• Locked thread