Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nidoking posted:

* Here's my favorite: An engineer and a mathematician are hired to work at a company full of pranksters with low safety standards. One day, while they're at lunch, their officemates set fire to their trash cans. The engineer comes back from lunch, sees the fire, grabs the fire extinguisher, and puts out the fire. The mathematician returns shortly after that, grabs the fire extinguisher, and puts out the fire. The next day, the pranksters set another fire, but hide the fire extinguisher in a closet. The engineer gets back from lunch, sees the fire, searches the building, finds the fire extinguisher, and puts out the fire. The pranksters naturally hide the fire extinguisher again before the mathematician returns. The mathematician gets back from lunch, sees the fire, searches the building, finds the fire extinguisher, puts it back where it belongs, says "This is a known state," and sits down to work next to the burning trash can.

The physicist covers his cubicle with extinguisher foam, but it's within an order of magnitude of the right amount so it's good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"put it out? That sounds like APPLIED physics to me, I just do theory."