Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Awesome. I loved those games and played them as a kid (in post-Soviet Russia) on a black and white laptop. Good memories. I have not seen anything past goblins 2 though. Looking forward to the later games especially. I watched the old LPs of these games by Nidoking and enjoyed them thoroughly. Lots of great nostalgic value there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Praise be! By the way, the one-eyed skeleton scared my 6 year old self. I had to ask my parents to play through that part for me. Also, I don't think the game is as bullshit as people make it out to be. Yes, some of the logic is non-existent, but by the power of permutation, you can try all of the things in a reasonable time period. I think my parents beat the game in 1 or 2 weekends.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Oh absolutely. it just seemed fine for 1991.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I checked and Gobliiins 4 is no longer available at the unfortunately named gamersgate or anywhere else online I looked.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Cool beans. We didn't have hint books for this back in Russia, so had to brute force all the way through. I finally went ahead and bought this pack on gog. Too bad that 4 is nowhere to be found, but it's probably worse than the old ones since they at least have nostalgia and cute art going for them.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I got through games 1 and 2 just now. I managed to get through 95% of 1 by memory and trial, but 2, oh boy. I guess I will withhold comment until we get to it.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Great news indeed!

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Cool beans. The dragon room is pretty sweet imho. Sure it involves the usual Golbins bullshit, but it's a fun setting for its era. The deodorant joke is kinda great.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Deathwind posted:

Wow, even for the time this game was lacking. Total moonlogic, threadbare story, a pointlessly punishing life system, and a lack of any real payoff in the end. This is the same wizard that would kill you on sight a few screens back, what's stopping him from zapping you? What keeps him trapped in the bag?

Dude, this is the game that brought us mole rat tits. Have some respect.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I like the start of gob 2 a lot. The whole romantic notion of pastoral fantasy landscape and all that... It gets utterly bizarre pretty fast. By the second half of the game, I had to use the hint manual more often than not.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Hey, at least Gob 3 mostly makes sense (I have not finished it yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I too was stumped on scene 2 of gob 2 as a child. The loving clock scene. gently caress it so much.