Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Awesome. I liked those games a kid. In hindsight they are kind of bullshit sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Nidoking posted:

Don't worry. Now that I'm playing the games for you, you can shed the blinders of hindsight and see that they are in fact kind of bullshit all the time. But still fun and interesting for that.

I don't know. I think I had some genuine fun with he third game at least. The part with the picture in you OP was interesting.
The thing I remember most about the second game is that my copy always crashed on the second to last screen

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 21, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I hadn't had any problems with the voices either. Maybe it's just because there is always one voice which requests stuff while another one listens to and suggests requests.
Having both of you co-comentate for a third person would be tougher, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I love that the game broke his mind so much, that "Try to climb that sword." seems reasonable.
If you think about it, that's a terrible plan, but the game would totally do a thing like that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Weird, it's almost as if he isn't focused on the game.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think the idea is that tears are a bit like holy water.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Oh hey. Always happy to have an update here. But to be honest, I'm kinda waiting for Goblins 3. That was my favorite one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
While I found that honey puzzle kinda obvious, it was still a bit obtuse. Fingus could have simply plucked a flower rather than shaking the branch.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This is still a really fun game. I'm glad those videos keep on coming. Also Pence may have done a quiet good job stating his awful opinions, but more importantly he tried to score points by throwing his running mate under the bus and directly contradicting him.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 5, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Why would they even have that statue? I guess it really is some kind of god? This game is weird.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

This is what makes you realise these games are weird?

Also way to be a dick, Nidoking. It was funny though.
Everything up till now was just everyday stuff. But a statue with a moving mouth? That's where I draw the line!

Yeah being a dick like that is the best thing to do. Everyone in Nidokings position should do exactly what the person wishes. Like an average genie.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That's nice to hear. It will be the first time I will see how the game ends. It always crashed right at the end when I played it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Catching that glove felt unnecessarily convoluted. That thing should have been scared away if someone stands there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Good luck finding a replacement.
It's sort of bad timing since you are only one or two videos away from the end of the second game.
Maybe you could try the co-commentator station.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Nice to see you're back. And welcome The Splash.
I finally get to see the endgame. For some reason my game would always crash once I entered that throne room screen for the second time. Such a weird bug.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Finally I get to see this part. To be honest, I thought the game would be over after you poisoned Amoniak. The prince is kind of a jerk here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Fingus never talked to the tree. Maybe he didn't want to match those apples because he technically wasn't allowed to.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
How much longer is that going on? Ever since you got the prince it feels like convoluted buys work.
Goblins 3 is much cooler.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Okay. That final puzzle was just stupid. There wasn't anything indicating that you'd have to draw a door, or that it would be solidified by the water. Just on the previous screen it's been established that this water has to be boiled to make a portal. Why didn't they simply add a magma vent or something like that?

Anyway. Congrats on rescuing the prince!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 18, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yay. My favorite game of the series! Checking a box several times is such a weird solution to a "puzzle".

also, I still really enjoy your LP. The Splash made some fun puns this video.
"Ain't that the tooth?"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 26, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Ugh! Those full frontal voice portraits look awful.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Finally a new video. I've been missing this.
Edit: Now that I actually watched this video, Nidoking was entirely correct when he said that the audience is screaming. :) But to be fair, they switched between purple and orange a few times. And every time he decided to put in the new color first.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 3, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That coin is pretty much your best friend through this adventure. It's good that you have it back.

I sometimes try to imagine how these puzzle chains would work in a logical order, which wouldn't break sequence and it's a bit stupid.
First you go to the inn. You try to just walk past, but Blount tells you that he has to talk to the captain (I think.) So you do that a few times. He tells you to find that note. You make your way up to Othello, get his key and Blount suddenly starts talking about some dragon. You go over there and try to get the dragon. In order to do that you talk to the princess and the knight. Then you try to drug the dragon by dousing the basin, but he prefers drink from the river. You have no idea how to plug that thing until you randomly decide to give Othello his key back, even though you're not done with it. You get the dragon, talk to Othello again, get the note, talk to Othello yet again and then the captain. Afterwards you try to leave the screen, when Blount suddenly starts talking about Wynona.

Playing an adventure game and only collecting items when you already know what you would use them for is a path to pure madness.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I love how everything at the grocer can be solved with violence. When all you have is a hammer...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Best character from the series right there.
Fulbert is really great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

kjetting posted:

It's sad that this LP doesn't have more views, it's really one of my favorites at the moment. I like the approach you're doing and it really fits these games well to see someone experience them blind while also having the safety net of someone who knows the games well.

Yeah. Please continue with those videos. While it may be that just a few people watch them, we really enjoy doing so.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Was that a Lifeline reference? And just a bit later you're referencing that old Mario let's play? You're great Nidoking.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Nidoking posted:

Correct on all counts, although that was The Splash with the Lifeline reference. I loved the game when I played it and found the SGF LP only a little frustrating, but he's not wrong about the difficulty of getting the game to understand what you want to do.

You should totally so a session where your voice recognition ist a bit more Like Ryo's.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
There are actually quite a few stages left.
I don't remember if the game is getting harder, but it certainly gets more abstract.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, that's a mean little bug there. Good thing it only modified the message, rather than totally blocking access to the fountain.

And that roast looks delicious. both Blounds are way to picky eaters. That being said, a pure carnivorous diet is kinda weird.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Nidoking, I love your nerdy references.
If anyone besides me is still watching this thread and doesn't know what he was talking about with regards to skulls, this is a pro click. Actually, gently caress it, click on that either way. It's a seven minute video and totally worth it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for the status update Nidoking. I can't wait to see you guys stumble through there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yay, you're back. And you return with some fine henmanipulation.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 25, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

KennyMan666 posted:

Nooot quite.

So... Goblins 3, huh. I think that might have been my very first point & click game, way back in the day. I have fond memories of it and I've enjoyed the LP!

Anyway, while IV is the final game in the actual Gobliiins series, there's also The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble from 1994, which isn't a Gobliiins game but was made by Coktel Vision, and Pierre Gilhodes who created Gobliiins worked on it so it has the same visual style and humour as the Gobliiins games.

That game was so mean to me! In an era before the internet I was ridiculously stuck at some point. Since I had nothing else going on in my life, I tried to brute force it by literally trying to combine every item with every object in the game. It didn't actually work out. Nowadays I know that I had a game breaking bug.
It's a fun game, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I never played this game.
I don't regret that decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Good job Nidoking. This was a fun style for this series. I kinda lost interest in the middle of 4 but, I am glad you pulled through.