Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Oh boy, this series. The nostalgia is riding high for me right now.

As an aside, the cyclops skeleton puzzle I never properly figured out. What I did as a kid was enter that screen with full health, pick up the mask, bring everyone but the mage down next to the hunchback, set off the skeleton and then cluster everyone up. Since the turn-point down there is the moment of least travel and you can mitigate one scare from the skeleton by using the mask so that everyone's busy during the first scare check, it turns out you can in fact just brute-force your way through that screen with about 2 hits left.

I never knew about that little plant or punching the statue or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Thanks for playing through the game. Was interesting to take a stroll down memory lane. My father and I actually completed this without the hintbook. As mentioned before, I ended up brute-force breaking past a puzzle in the cyclops skeleton map, and thanks to a notary error by wee little me, we inadvertently skipped the first map with the statue and the dragon, bringing us to the second trip to the statue map. We did go back and do them properly though, armed with knowledge from the future.

Looking forward to part 2.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
I just have to say, Winkle eating the wrong mushroom results in probably my favorite thing in the game. I dunno why but the combination of that face and that sound just wrecks me.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
I just wanted to say that I really appreciate this LP and am glad that you are doing it. It's unfortunate it'll be a while until you can likely continue it, but it's been very entertaining and hits that right level of engaging yet chill for me and thus I find worth the wait. Take it easy and continue when you can.