Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Seems like the only thing that hasn't improved any from the first game is the adventure game logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Could it be copy protection?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
It's sad that this LP doesn't have more views, it's really one of my favorites at the moment. I like the approach you're doing and it really fits these games well to see someone experience them blind while also having the safety net of someone who knows the games well.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I don't know much about French idioms, but "fatal grain of sand" sounds like it should mean something like "the straw that broke the camel's back", as in "tiny thing that can destroy big thing".

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
How disappointed will she be when the muscular and buff were-dude she's been making out with turns into a scrawny goblin?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
You've made at least one viewer really happy with this announcement. This is my favorite LP, and I really dig the concept, the dynamic and the pacing. You also have great chemistry, and The Splash has done a great job replacing Leavemywife.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Have you started recording 4 yet? When do you think the first video will be released?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Nidoking posted:

I hate puzzles where understanding what you need to do isn't sufficient to complete the puzzle and you need to perform some sort of specific detail, like arranging the bones in The Dig or the puzzle in Myst Revelations where you have to get the timing EXACTLY right or it doesn't register - and then there's a puzzle in the same game where you have to manipulate the controls very quickly, which I don't particularly hate because at least everything is in integers and you just have to be fast, not accurate. None of this exactly 2.65 seconds garbage. Most of the simultaneity puzzles in this series just require figuring out in which order you need to perform the actions, and the timing has to be fairly fast, but not exact. I respect that.

I haven't played Myst Revelations, but is there any indication that you ARE technically doing what you're supposed to do but that your timing is off?

The greatest video game puzzles are the ones where you have a motivation and know both the end goal and what obstacle is in your way, and the solution makes you feel smart because you thought of some weird logic that the developers also thought about, instead of just clicking everywhere on the screen for something to pick up and then trying everything in your inventory on every hotspot.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
If only there had been something in your inventory that makes small writing appear larger.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
The Splash was on fire for a while there, with a long streak of solving puzzles on the first attempt. Should she be worried about her sanity?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
This is actually the only LP I’m really following nowadays, and I really like the concept of one person being blind giving directions to the other player. It’s really entertaining and a good way to do games with this kind of fringe logic. Also, you guys have great chemistry and humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Great job. As I’ve said in the past, I like this style and it really fits the game, and this is really the only LP I’ve been following lately.