Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.

MrChips posted:

:tviv:

Instead of 3 from Creston to Oosoyoos, you need to take 23 and 6 up through Nakusp. It's basically the best driving road in Canada and to miss it on something like this is probably a criminal offense.

There are also loving killer hot springs out there. Definitely go through Nakusp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

The Nakusp hot springs are definitely a test of the average person's car. I'm so surprised when I see the people who have made it up there. Halfway used to be really cool but I've heard it'd really not open to the public at all now. When I went it was definitely not being advertised but it seemed like people were generally cool with respectful visitors.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

slidebite posted:

Really? I thought it was a good road with a small hotel and serviced camping?

Or is there maybe some other private water hole the locals use?

Also for $200 that interior looks great. Exterior shots?

Getting to the springs I'm thinking of in Nakusp involves going 18k up a lovely, rocky road. You eventually get to a plateau with a trail that drops in elevation in a big way until you get to a few man made pools and a few that are just rock basins full of water in varying temperatures. It's right next to the river, so you can hop in and out. I wouldn't recommend going in August before or after Shambhala.

• Locked thread