Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That era is FF and V6 only. It's also boring and slow and likely to make it without issue which is no fun at all.

We've done far better for $1000 cars in ABAI.

What you need to win is a mystery mileage auction audi.

That $300 lincoln Mark VIII would have been ace. $300 for a RWD IRS coupe, $400 for a 150 shot of nitrous. a big rear end spoiler, ready to roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Where the gently caress do you get $400 nitrous kits because that's about the size of the hole in our budget.

There was a snowmobile wet kit on kijiji for $250 for the longest time, i can't seem to find it now. all you'd need is a bigger bottle and some more fuel line.

Safety Dance posted:

If you steal a nitrous tank and some HVAC components from a hospital and then buy about 6.5 grams of yayo, you'll be all set.

e. But for real: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-ml1000

That's $400 american dollars, or roughly $18,000 canadian i think

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

A little late, but i think i remember seeing that car. That's the guy along highway 2 by ponoka with a pile of FDs and broken rear end RX8s in his driveway, right?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

As fast as those pullers degrade when you're a 300lb gorilla beatin on them, I always just borrow them from Canadian tire. Can't beat free. With the amount of work you're doing on these, will you ever be able to let them go?

I'm out in BC scouting the route for you and here is my report: There is no greater threat to mankind than the rental RV. It is therefore my suggestion that all really vehicles be equipped with attack poles and lancers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not sure if you'll be able to work this into your route, but highway 6 from fauquier to lumby is a blast. speed limit of 80 with probably 50 signs suggesting 50 or 30, but what you can't see on the map is piles of elevation change, just a constant up and down and around corners and some opportunities to unload the suspension at the speed limit. tons and tons of motorcycles though, and i'd imagine mid june, hundreds of thousands of prius drivers in rental RVs doing 20 leaving finger imprints in the steering wheel every time they see an oncoming car or a cow in a field or a tree.

I think it would be more fun west to east because a lot of the fun stuff seemed to be downhill in those areas, and there were a couple 7-10% grades that might claim the life of some apex seals traveling in the opposite direction.

Coming in from the north to get there or leaving from there north is a big open 80 car ferry that's pretty neat, but really not worth the 180kph super highway with a 90kph speed from banff to the border.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/50.6...2!4m1!5i2?hl=en

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Are those the princess auto LEDs or is the lighting now worth more than the car

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That sucks, but it's still kind of funny. How does that even happen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sure hope you guys used a JIS screwdriver on those mirror screws. That's probably why they cammed out.

For whatever reason Mazda has the softest screws I've ever encountered.

With our axle disaster behind us, we are planning on throwing a timing belt on the Hellica tomorrow, and starting to plan the livery.

Has a livery been decided on yet?

The car is already basically WRB.....

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

We haven't decided yet. I invite lazy Photoshops of all kinds.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Trying to work with the original color for cost reasons, and keep it simple enough to make easily.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

How many points would this be worth in the rally, assuming it could be done for under-budget?

buy first, ask questions later!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What insurance company are you with that still asks for an insurance inspection?

That RX is loving awesome, the weight is really on the other teams now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

highway 6 is good for driving entertainment, but you're going in july so it's going to be RVs everywhere anyways, especially around vernon/kelowna and there is nowhere to pass on 6

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Find/build a swamp cooler

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you didn't put so much effort into making it so nice, you could just do a sawzall roadster.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

drat, how many points is that?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Find some leaf springs and a front diff out of an old ranger, looks like she's goin home a gasser.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Might be able to find one here

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/vancouver/1980-mazda-rx7-series1-for-restoration/1167957479?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

looks like it's bolted to a bunch of other poo poo though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It sucks that it had to end that way. You should have sold the RX7 for parts, and forced the retired team to finish out the trip in a rental mitsubishi mirage.

It seems you made the fatal mistake of buying a good $1000 car, and becoming attached enough to your $1000 car that you weren't ready to just push it further into the ditch once it failed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm interested to know what got better fuel economy, an RX-7 driving, or an F-150 towing an RX-7.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vans are boring and you're going to get too attached again.

What you need to do is a "convertible that was never built as a convertible" rally. No price limit, pretty much whatever you're willing to cut the roof off of.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

scuz posted:

...like a van? :haw:

There are no wrong answers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And is it still a van if you cut away a bunch of the van stuff?

Like, is this still a van?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.rbauction.com/1981-GMC-VANDURA?invId=9425264&id=ar&auction=SASKATOON-SK-2016549

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Larrymer posted:

Account required.

Required unspecified repair, but it had a sink and fridge. But nine hunnert dollars.

• Locked thread