Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo that FB is clean as hell. Only $200 for that?

I kinda hate you guys right now.

Best of luck to everyone, this is loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

DrakeriderCa posted:

Awesome! I love that generation of Celica. There's a beater Alltrac that's running around Edmonton that I desperately want.

Name suggestion: Halftrac (?)

Halftrac is the name generally given to 3SGTE swapped FWD Celicas, so if you're gonna call it that it's time to nut up and hit kijiji/junkyards like they owe you money.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

McTinkerson posted:

How on earth can that happen? Aren't timing covers not structural parts on most engines?

Life, uh, finds a way.

RT having done a t-belt job on one of those cars the timing covers are probably the cuntiest part of the entire deal, and I totally left at least half of them out when I reinstalled everything because seriously go gently caress yourself Toyota.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

DrakeriderCa posted:

It looks too good now

:smith:

Every time I click on this thread I miss my '85 GS a little more. :smith:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The difference in stability with the wing on is noticeable, even at moderate speeds. My '85 went from feeling a little too light in the rear end to feeling pretty well balanced afterwards.

It also just looks bitchin' as hell.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

literally a fish posted:

I need it. I need it so bad.

Slung Blade posted:

That thing is so loving rad I can't even describe my feelings :allears:

Oh man that looks good.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
That settles it, I'm buying a lotto ticket today in the hope that I'll win, not so I can pay off bills and fix my fleet of derelicts, but so I can buy SCH.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I have a huge pile of Subaru wheels but I'm unsure if +55 will fit on the Celica.

We can test-fit it.

Celica should be around +32 or so, IIRC. Fuckit, throw some fender flares on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tommychu posted:

Other way round, a +55 on a car meant for +32 will need spacers, not flares (if anything)

Ah yeah, been forever since I messed with offsets.

• Locked thread