Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

This made me scream internally, so you should totally do it. Or that on one side and this on the other:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

I got the impression from the posts during the rally that someone left him in the lurch regarding things that could have gotten SCH up and through the rest of the rally.

What a bunch of douchebags.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Slung Blade posted:

Camping out of tiny cars sucks. We really didn't even have that much camping gear with us, tents, sleeping bags, stove, pan, one cooler, chairs, couple bins of food and plates and such. But with tools and other essentials for a rally, you're losing a lot of very valuable trunk space.

Don't get me wrong, I love camping.

You have to Tetris all your poo poo into the space available, and to set up you have to take EVERYTHING out again. Packing up in the morning is just as bad.

With vans we can just sleep in it. No issues except personal space. Or, at the very least, getting your stuff in/out isn't as nearly a big of a deal.

If we do tiny cars again some year (which I totally support) I think we should just plan to motel it the whole way. Duffle bag for clothes/toothbrush and you're done.

I have to disagree. Camping out of small to medium sports cars is the dumbest/clinicly insane idea and therefore the most correct option for any AI rally.

I've done two road trips and im about to do a third camping out of GD WRXs with a shocking amount of scoliosis. It's doable if you have a good sleeping bag, a comfy blanket to act as padding on the seat, a new fresh pillow and a seat that can lean back to almost flat. The sedans can also hold a surprising amount of gear.

That said by the 72 hour mark you will feel every defect in the seats padding. I've found sitting on a pillow makes this somewhat tolerable till the end of day 4. Obviously if you have a co driver this might be more manageable.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Slung Blade posted:

I slept in the driver's seat of a nissan hardbody pickup during a snowstorm once.

So no thanks, I'm pretty done with that era of my life.

Did you factor in that Hotel De'Rex scored a 4 star* rating?

*ANCAP is pretty much the same as a hotel guide right.

• Locked thread