Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

McTinkerson posted:

Once I take possession of my B Body I'll let you know for sure. Chances are I'll take one.

Just FYI If that's a 77-85 B body you don't need a bracket to mount a CB, just take the ashtray out and flip that bracket over. Fits perfectly.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Slung Blade posted:

Who wants to get the hi lift?

You guys can just borrow mine, unless someone was about to buy one anyway. It's a 48" all-cast.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 15, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Sometrac then? Or V6 swap, then it's pretty much Notrac.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

So I know that being nice to the cars and doing preventative maintenance is sort of outside the point of this thing but I've got half a case of OE oil filters just kicking around that happen to fit that Celica, you guys want a couple?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Don't want to say too much since it's one of those 'stars and planets have to align' type things but a friend and I might be in for this. A shell exists and it's free if I can find a powertrain and get it installed.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I tried.

Would have been a great way to see the ol' girl off/CARRY IT TO THE GATES OF VALHALLA SHINY AND CHROME etc etc, but it wasn't meant to be. We're officially not in. That said if anyone's looking for a cheap Foxbody with no powertrain and some mild drag prep I know a guy.
Also Switch/Slung whichever of you is most likely to be available on a Tuesday or Wednesday fire me a PM and I'll give you some filters.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I know it's not the right year/configuration, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOQeD6XjGos is stuck in my head after seeing that first one.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

(Fieros are getting stupid cheap!)

wait what? my brother got one (and not even a bad one, it was in drat good shape other than the fact that it was duke/3spd auto) for like $300 in 09. All the ones I've seen in the past couple years have been $2k+

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 21, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'll talk to the boss on Monday, I should be able to leave early on the 16th (but I can head over either way, it'll just be a little brief if I work the full day) and I'll bring the Hilift. I've got a brand new recovery strap too, and I might be able to secure some chain as well.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

If anyone needs last-minute junkyard bits I'll be hitting the yards Wednesday or Thursday.
Couldn't get Saturday covered but if nothing major breaks this week I can still punch out for noon and head over (if that's cool). If I have to put a full day in it'll be more like 6 or 7 and a relatively short visit.
All the out-of-service chain was scrapped last month (dammit) and the only one that's gone into the pile since was goddamn 1/2", any significant/useful length of that stuff would seriously cut into your gear capacity (and just generally be a pain in the rear end to lug around) so I left it to rust.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Don't have a particular yard in mind, need some truck stuff and GMT800s are everywhere.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

You could always find someone who's wrecking RVs, see if they've got a cheap working roof mount and forge your destiny with a sawzall, self-tappers and RTV...

e: V Precisely. Plus an A/C delete/relocation takes some load and air restriction off the apparently strained factory cooling system, bonus nachos.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 12, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Direct swamp coolers tend to induce a lot of humidity though (and if Toyotas love operating in any condition, it's high humidity lol) , and unless someone's got an intercooler or other efficient fluid heat exchanger kicking around an indirect swamp cooler is going to take a little more engineering than anyone has time for at this point I think.
E: Not to say that my idea is all that practical either, though installing a hitch on the Hellica and bolting a small genset to a trailer is not a time consuming process.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 13, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Talking to this guy. what's a good price for that poo poo?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

McTinkerson posted:

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for everything. Like the whole lower subframe with LCA's and the idler arm.

Do you need the full k-member? Cause that won't fit in my car, and my truck is far too sketchy for a trip like that.
I'm meeting the guy with the red car late tomorrow morning.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

So where are we at on this? I've got cash, tools and I'm a 5 minute drive away from kijiji red car guy. Am I pulling the xmember, just the parts SSS listed or are you guys going to try the brown car?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Fenders are gone :(

also gonna emptyquote the poo poo out of this

angryrobots posted:

Well that's pretty much AI in a nutshell

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 21, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It should be vans if only because we can then call it the Warped Vans Tour.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Of course it's lot 420.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Other way round, a +55 on a car meant for +32 will need spacers, not flares (if anything)

• Locked thread