Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Super stoked to see updates from this. This is a loving fantastic idea and real life top gear challenges should happen more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

DrakeriderCa posted:

SLIDEBITE SLIDEBITE SLIDEBITE

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1986-ford-e-150-full-factory-conversion-van-ski-coach/1137313962

Also thanks to the Calgary guys who were open to looking at the Buick, but I think it's a bit boring compared to some of the stuff we've seen over the last few days.

If you need me to look at anything let me know.

Also it's too bad you guys weren't doing this last year when I was buying the kart van because I literally could've bought a second GMC Safari/Chevy Astro from the same guy.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

slidebite posted:

Chlamydia?

Come on now Hyundais aren't that bad.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

That interior looks incredible. Usually when someone says $200 sports car I have an image in my mind of bloody shirts stuffed throughout the interior and questionable stains.

Do I dare ask what the exterior looks like?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I think damaged fenders is an Alberta thing. The Scirocco has that as well from when some genius figured running a tow strap over the hood was a good idea.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Le Car.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

:ohdear: and here I thought you guys had done something sensible and gotten a TR7.

I don't think I've ever seen a tail light crack like that. Exactly how long has this thing been sitting for?

this is also now my favorite entry

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Funny you should ask: http://www.creative-vinyl.com/579-toyota-celica-gen-5-st185-castrol-full-rally-graphics-kit.html

But it is stupid expensive so I'm gonna see what I can do locally. I want to get a junk GT-Four hood so I can cut a snorkel in it though, yes.

Let me know if you find something on the vinyl front locally, need to get something for the kart this year.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

That's up there with the ignition system failing on my VW after I switched to premium after an engine swap.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I've heard that there are insurers out there that don't require it anymore. I've yet to hear the name of said insurers.

The definition of "roadworthy" is also subjective as gently caress. I told my broker once that I was waiting on a new windshield to pass since mine had some cracks all the way through and she asked if it was missing or something.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I'm with Aviva and my broker is constantly hounding me for them.

I usually get my dad to sign them with his old mechanic's number. This has devolved into a practical joke with with him refusing to sign off on the least safety related problem with the car just to get a rise out of me.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

McTinkerson posted:

All I'm hearing is that you have a guy who can sign off on our cars...

As soon as I win him over on the first RX-7 sitting in front of his house I'll tell him about the other two and the celica he also needs to sign off on.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Even my dad has become a dorito fan now, I think its contagious if you get too close to one. He's gone round and told all his neighbors about how my RX7 has a rotary engine and I don't think I'm allowed to work on it without him anymore.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The Kart I specifically bought that van for is Italian with an Austrian engine, that has to be close enough.

Also I'm now insanely disappointed that nobody bought a Fiat x19.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I saw a rotary engine rat rod up in Airdrie today. I think it's an omen of things to come. Didn't get any pictures though :(

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

How good is the engine?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Awesome.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

How did those Celicas win the WRC with those pansy axle seals? I'd have no confidence banking the car off the side of a snow drift to corner it if those seals gently caress up just by putting them in by hand.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

One of you needs RB Tech or some other chinesium bearing company as a title sponsor.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

gently caress that's come together real nicely, you wouldn't believe that was a sub $1k RX7

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If we hadn't lucked into this thing we would have had a way turdier car. Probably a turbo K-car.

you say that like it would've been a bad thing.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

So which car has been the Ford Capri of the group so far?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Holy poo poo that sucks. Hopefully you can somehow limp it home.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

McTinkerson posted:

I went down a road with our car that ended up with me spending ~200 hours creating my loving Mona Lisa. I honestly believe that I will not be able to create a better car, ever. With that, I also am mentally exhausted from the effort and due to the behavior of certain persons and the Alberta rotary community as a whole when I needed them most, I'm also done with them for a long while. Once SCH is sold, I'm quitting the Edmonton / Alberta rotary clubs. For the amount of time and effort I have put in to them, I've gotten gently caress all out of them. There's some other things as well but in a nutshell, I've got it out of my system for a while and at the same time lost all steam.

That really sucks man, sorry to hear about that. I definitely wouldn't have an RX7 without our help so its lovely to see the community give off a reaction like that.

slidebite posted:

So wtf happened with the rotary clubs to cause this?

Judging by my own experience so far I'd make an educated guess that there probably was a lovely reaction because this thing wasn't being built into a "race car" and was fairly cool looking without setting fire to a pile of cash.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I already have my vehicle for any sub $1,000 van challenge complete with reeking of gasoline.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

There are no wrong answers.

I'm going to assume this guy had the same headliner issue I'm currently experiencing.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Once the passenger side migrates past the dome light I'm going to have to do something about it. Its like watching an infestation grow. It was just around my sun visor at the beginning of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

McTinkerson posted:

I totally forgot about Bridesmaid choice. poo poo. Alright, each team must submit two photos of their vehicle. I will submit those in an email to each Bridesmaid and ask them to pick their favorite.

In other news, DrakeriderCa and I sold Sweet Chili Heat for $2700.

Here it is being driven away by it's new owner.

Goodnight sweet prince

• Locked thread