Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
What's cooler than being cool?

Allow myself to introduce... myself. Good. Okay. Now, onto the machine our team is going to use for this adventure. Let the suspense build:

Okay, so it's another RX7. Ours is a 1980 SA. It has a 12A that runs, a sunroof, working windows, some wheels, decent interior, pretty nice exterior, all of its mirrors and other components found on automobiles in varying states of functionality.

So far all we've done is disconnect the battery after realizing the aftermarket alarm was going to 'boop' every single time we hit a bump while towing this thing home from Calgary, give it a thorough cleaning and basically point and laugh at it.

GRANDPA'S HOME!

This is it's bad side. Well, they're all bad. But this one's the baddest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
If they don't, I'll swap out my engine in protest.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
We did some stuff and now it's my daily driver.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
I have a pretty new recovery strap that I haven't had an opportunity to use yet so consider that taken care of.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
I've reconsidered my previous statement about our position in the convoy.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
I have completed the following:

• Pack stuff in car
  • Hope for the best

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
I had an awesome time doing this. Thanks a bunch to slung blade for the hospitality and food throughtout the trip and to everyone for your help along the way. Bummer that it had be cut short but many laughs and skids were had regardless. I hope the SCH guys feel like they got their money's worth too.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
Here's a few of my favourites, but you can see many more in the full album here: http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/JasonRM/slideshow/TM2TWRally. I may still add a few more as I review what I've got.

RX7s rolling down to Calgary the day before

Lookin' fly

First night camping in Nelson.

Highway 6

SweetChiliHeat getting its drink on

Nakusp Ferry

Quick stop on Highway 99

Longer stop on Highway 99

The last glimpse of the SCH boys before we part ways and head for the coast

Sea to sky with the Hellica

Our final destination, horseshoe bay

Sweet chili heat's fender mirror baptized in the Pacific

Fffffffffffffffffffffffff

Final stop with CoolRanch and the Hellica before we part ways

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
I don't mind helping out some more where needed if we break it down.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
So... anyone want to buy the best car from the trip? I am ready to set Cool Ranch free.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
Here's what I managed to extract from our dash cam. It's mostly sweet chili heat bothering people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Hrt8_RIbU

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
It is important to note that the significance of the clip with the Sienna is that the noise you hear is from SCH which is ahead of the van yet sounds like it's right next to us.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
I might have taken an interior shot. I'll take a look tonight.

Edit: Just kidding. The only one I have is of the 'decoration'

DoritoPower fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
Forgot to mention we sold Cool Ranch for $1800 to a very enthusiasic woman.

• Locked thread