Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Oh god. That sounds like a ton of fun. Jealous!

You need to incorporate the ferry into a challenge somehow. I don't know how exactly but since part of it will literally take place on the sea it's a must. Also, if something is happening for the return trip go through the lower mainland and be forced to take Hwy 7, the Lougheed right smack through the middle of Vancouver, Burnaby and Coquitlam. Preferably during rush hour(s)

MrChips posted:

:tviv:

Instead of 3 from Creston to Oosoyoos, you need to take 23 and 6 up through Nakusp. It's basically the best driving road in Canada and to miss it on something like this is probably a criminal offense.

Yeah, or even 31 or whatever it's called and spend the night at Ainsworth Hot Springs. The Crowsnest route is a far better for sightseeing/having fun than the #1 so good choice there, but the Kootneys is gorgeous. Even if you go north just to make your way back south again. You might want to make it 2 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

DrakeriderCa posted:

I'm in it to win it

My appeal lies mostly with the ladies, so I'm betting on my car's raw sexual charisma to win over the bridesmaids for the clinching points

Also SSS and Slung Blade, do you guys feel like investigating a sick ride for us?

http://m.kijiji.ca/classic-cars/calgary/1985-buick-century/v?adId=1136891677&ck=CK&from=Search&ts=1454304741431
Hey stud, if you're going for charisma nothing screams it like bright yellow AZTEC with minor body damage.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/2001-aztek/1134825989?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yeah, auto and FWD but I bet you could get it for less than asking.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

DrakeriderCa posted:

Holy poo poo yes. An Aztek must qualify as "exotic". And there's nothing the other teams could do to it to make it less attractive.

True. Writing PENIS in purple on the side and strapping a roadkill to the roof would probably improve the looks.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Just throwin' this here for someone
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1991-buick-roadmaster-estate-wagon/1134201952?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1978-chevrolet-impala-stationwagon-900/1112894269?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1992-mercury-topaz-ls-sedan/1136713142?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1992-oldsmobile-ninety-eight-regal-elite-sedan/1135798112?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

DrakeriderCa posted:

SLIDEBITE SLIDEBITE SLIDEBITE

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1986-ford-e-150-full-factory-conversion-van-ski-coach/1137313962

Also thanks to the Calgary guys who were open to looking at the Buick, but I think it's a bit boring compared to some of the stuff we've seen over the last few days.

I am scanning the skies for the Alberta AI version of a bat signal an erect penis...? to go view this thing. :awesome:

e: That Z31T I sent you, I'm tellin you man. Hilarity guaranteed when you fall through the floorboards.. :cool:

slidebite fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 3, 2016

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Those racks are a nightmare. I would pass on it too knowing that.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

DrakeriderCa posted:

Let us all pray for the everlasting soul of slide bite as he ventures into the unforgiving wasteland of north Lethbridge to investigate a conversion van that may or may not be a crime scene

If you don't hear from me by the end of the day, please call Mrs. Slidebite and tell her I love her. :(

You can also tell her you call dibbs on my guns

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slung Blade posted:

gently caress no I'm calling dibs on your guns.
Nah, his DNA is on them already anyhow.

Either way, I seemed to have survived. :buddy:

This time.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

McTinkerson posted:

So any guesses as to what DrakeriderCa and I ended up with?

Chlamydia?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I've never been to the Nakusp springs but probably will go this year. I have been to Ainsworth and concur it is great. The best part was this sort of grotto cave hot spring that was warmer than the main pool and a little more private. This area is a little off the beaten path too so they are nowhere near as busy as Radium, Fairmont or Harrison.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

The Nakusp hot springs are definitely a test of the average person's car. I'm so surprised when I see the people who have made it up there. Halfway used to be really cool but I've heard it'd really not open to the public at all now. When I went it was definitely not being advertised but it seemed like people were generally cool with respectful visitors.

Really? I thought it was a good road with a small hotel and serviced camping?

Or is there maybe some other private water hole the locals use?

Also for $200 that interior looks great. Exterior shots?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Congrats, you stole it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

LOL

Maybe go outside the box and try to find an XR-7

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

The big lincoln is gone from Bow Island, but Ski Coach is still available :v:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I've always liked those celicas, good score.

This just came up locally
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/78-lincoln-towncar-luxury-sedan/1144716420?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Nice score. Clean up that interior and it will be tits.

I bet that 16 year old timing belt is what's in there now.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That's pretty common for a 15+ year old car isn't it?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Accept groupies?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

McTinkerson posted:

drat right we do, it's also not too late to join in!

I'm also trying to convince my friend who is resto-modding a 1980 RX-7 to buy this for the intake manifold/carby alone: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1982-mazda-rx-7-12a/1148339286

So that I can buy the rear axel and exhaust and Cool Ranch can have the door and fender (after some trimming).

EDIT: :ducksiren: Just bought the FB! Going to be a three way part out. Selling the entire front end body work + door to Cool Ranch and the Holley kit to a friend for the entire purchase price. :ducksiren:

I might make an appearance and offer garage services if needed while in the far south of AB, but I don't think I want to be officially affiliated in some blatantly obvious homo-erotic "bachelor party"

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

2 things:

1) Plausible deniability
2) Don't remember it, didn't happen. It's easier to forget 1 day than 3 or 4. :colbert:

Besides, I am not a rabid dorito fan like everyone else so I'd definitely be even more of an outsider.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If you're looking for more people to join, maybe you could have been a little clearer in articulating that in the OP. I didn't really get the impression that you were actively soliciting other people to join, I thought it was more of a "hey, these are my bros and we're doing a rally for a bachelor party/thing. This is a thread about it" kind of thing.

At least that's what I got out of it, my reading comprehension might not be the strongest. :saddowns:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I go to the hat regularly is someone wants me to buy it/check it out for them.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

McTinkerson posted:

To balance out the shittyness that is that loving axle - here's something awesome.

Our Asahi "sponsorship" package has arrived. HUGE kudos to Grant Shaw with Beverage Concepts International out of Burnaby, BC.

Total tally:
  • Two beer tap handles - now that I see them, leaning towards the clear one as the shift knob (The other will be used on my future kegerator)
  • Three foil decals - two going on the rear quarters with the third probably going on my future kegerator or beer fridge
  • Two hats - stickers must remain attached and worn flat billed
  • Two tshirts - must be worn with the sleeves rolled up with a pack of smokes tucked in
  • Four sunglasses - must be worn at all times, even at night
  • Five Asahi pens - will live in glove box and be handed out to interested parties during the rally
  • Ten? key chain bottle openers - will live in glove box and be handed out to interested parties during the rally
  • Six year of the monkey good luck Emas - each team gets one for their rear view mirror (The remainder have already been claimed by myself and DrakeriderCa for our vehicles.)

I also need some goons to chime in and confirm that my fiance is in fact amazing for letting me plan and do this - she doesn't believe me when I say that she's awesome and other goons significant others wouldn't be this chill with such an endeavor.
:lol: @ those loving glasses. You just know they are going to be in most of the photos.

Let me see if I can dig up any tacky goodies if you are OK with trinkets and promo poo poo. I'll see if I can find any FAG bearings labelled stuff for you.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I'll lend you this for the trip

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

No appropriate give aways sorry :(

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Agreed. I actually deal with casters as well and take my advice that if you go with a "tire" style like that, get foam filled ones if they arent automatically. Nothing worse than having flats on your casters.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Just get brakes on one or two of the new casters and remove the unicorn breaking (AM I RITE??) system on the carts.

What's the dia of the wheel and plate?

Also, because of where I am, you might want to visit your resident junk store with the initials of P.A. - the might stock them...or something close... and save you the freight from me.

Also, you could check out these guys
https://www.casterland.com/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I still think a Class-A pusher motor home would have been awesome

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

OK, maybe not a pusher but drat, I guarantee this could be bought for <$1000
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome/st-albert/74-winnibego-brave/1168030561?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It's probably already Drakes mobile rape shed, but that might be a bonus for him if he can bring his entertainment. :v:

e: Oh god
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome/lethbridge/79-dodge-empress/1159690238?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Buy an M14 from Marstar, they'll give you a case, sell the rifle.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Seat Safety Switch posted:

So Slung Blade is driving the Hellica for work now, and I want to know if we should count the mileage reimbursement from his company against the budget for the car.

As an independent unbiased observer I would have to say hell no.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I was out tonight and the cars were starting to come out for the street wheels weekend starting tomorrow. There was a last gen RX7 with something big and V8 under the hood and a massive gently caress-off hood scoop that I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest fed a supercharger.

I was thinking of you guys :3:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Those Grant GTs are decent wheels. I had one in the old 280ZX for years and it suited it fine. Not a wood rim mind you, but the size and style works with those 70s-80s Japanese cars.

Canadian Tire used to stock tons of those.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Holy poo poo I should show up uninvited just to mooch

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I am too fat to sleep in the Porsche :(

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If I can be hosted, put me down as a definite maybe. We gave away most of our camping gear during our last move so I'm pretty useless nowadays.

The wife has a wedding shower to go to next weekend anyhow so it might work out well. I'd even sleep under the same roof as Drake but last time I did that I was exceedingly groggy the next morning and I was sore.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh hell yes

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slung Blade posted:

Where do you guys want to go for our planned first destination?

Nakusp is possible, but it's gonna be a slog, 8.5 hours of just driving. I'm sure we'll need at least 2-4 fuel stops, lunch break, etc.

Sure would be to nice relax in the springs after that kind of day though.

Creston or Nelson might be more realistic.

(I don't think we should bother planning our stops beyond the next day because poo poo's gonna happen)

Depending on your route, but assuming its via the Crowsnest, Ainsworth Hot Springs would be about 1.5-2 hours less than Nakusp and while I can't speak for the campgrounds the pools are (or at least were) really nice.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Who needs an RV AC unit?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I might not be joining you crazy fucks. Looks like some friends are coming to town this weekend and I might be flying with another friend to Vulcan on Sunday in his plane.

• Locked thread