Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

it is Fine. everything is Fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Redacted

naem fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 1, 2016

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
these guys even managed to make Cr1tikal bash them, which is pretty much a death sentence

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

who follows anything on youtube

naem
May 29, 2011

IM GAY LIKE 3O posted:

who follows anything on youtube

More people than cable television

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
At this rate, they'll be pretty hosed in 60 days.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dislike general bullSOCIAL MEDIA UPDATE CENTRAL a little more everyday

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
no no we're not trying to shut anyone down or own the "genre" of videos where you see people react to stuff

*attempts to do exactly that*

no wait maybe we didn't explain clear enough, so you see, it's like owning a fast food franchise

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

gary oldmans diary posted:

What did you expect from GBS 2.0

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gary oldmans diary posted:

Good post. :getout:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Mega64 posted:

What did you expect from GBS 2.0

I thought we were GBS 3.11 for Workgroups.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

It's exasperating. Watching such vibrant content creators, who are not at all profiting off of a base concept appropriated and propagated in the broadest form possible with no work of their own involved, make such missteps. I hope in time they can realize their mistake, which is surely an act of chance.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

this is pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXJ3FFOXvOQ

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sintax posted:

That one dude I'm gonna call Walleyed Willy he is really creepin me out

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

whoknew posted:

no such thing as bad publicity. they can get jobs as social media consultants after this based on "knowing what not to do". sharing poo poo like this only helps them

I'm pretty sure their jobs after this will be continuing to make videos. Even with the internet hate machine running at full tilt they've only lost 0.5% of their subscribers. I don't think they're going to be looking for real jobs any time soon.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

I wonder why they are so litigious... overly litigious one might say... if only there were some clue, some distinct element of their makeup as a human being that might help pinpoint this character flaw

Do you have a news letter I can subscribe to

Good News Everyone
Apr 30, 2009
This stupid video has already made them about $10,000 by view count alone so welp I guess the money is in being a wall-eyed dingus

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Shaquin posted:

It's exasperating. Watching such vibrant content creators, who are not at all profiting off of a base concept appropriated and propagated in the broadest form possible with no work of their own involved, make such missteps. I hope in time they can realize their mistake, which is surely an act of chance.

they should have thought about this more. concentrated, you might say.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Is this the new gaymergate or whatever the nerds are all up in cockles about?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Is it just me but isn't their formula for even their videos poo poo . "Oh hey look at these people reacting exactly how you expect them to act as the average person falls into a broad stereotype but oh hey this one person breaks the mold. This there isn't much difference between them and you. Please rate me and suscribe."

They probably began to understand how economically non-viable this gimmick is, and instead of branching out to make some stupid boyband that all the other idiots are doing, they wanted to sell their "perfect" formula.

But :shrug: if I understand any of this stupid poo poo

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
im amazed their fanbase didnt boycott them for under paying or not paying all the kids and grandmas, surprised to see they went the sony route of copyrighting things they did not invent instead

i think showing their face was a mistake for an apology video, should've used one of the child actors or even a likeable adult

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Horniest Manticore posted:

they should have thought about this more. concentrated, you might say.

Indeed, I'm concentrating on their wikipedia page right now, and yet no solution reveals itself. Perhaps stronger concentration will offer the final solution to this query.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

guess ill go back to watching robbaz videos

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
this company is melting lol

let the layoffs begin!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lol that counter rules

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I actually am fairly entertained by their react videos because I am mentally challenged. However, that counter is loving gold.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

biznatchio posted:

I'm pretty sure their jobs after this will be continuing to make videos. Even with the internet hate machine running at full tilt they've only lost 0.5% of their subscribers. I don't think they're going to be looking for real jobs any time soon.

Don't cross the internet!!

The average YouTube viewer wouldn't give a poo poo if these guys went around literally mugging old grannies and disabled children. In fact they could probably make a fortune filming Reaction Videos (TM) of various people watching them do it.

edit: OK that chart is a week old, but still, they haven't exactly lost a meaningful chunk of their subscribers. So far this has set them back about 2 weeks in terms of total subs.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 1, 2016

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
No. This is a boring faux-righteous dog-pile and will be done and out-fadded in a few days.

Meanwhile, Finebros gonna franchise their poo poo regardless, have more subs and bank bigger than ever. This is basically the youtube rehash of a 'Boycott CoD Steamgroup plays CoD anyway' laugh.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I'm glad I live in an era where I don't have to kidnap a child every time I want to see one react to the newest Adele video

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I like to watch teens react to things. :mrgw:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Millennial hipster douchebags, take that gray beanie off your head.

Nuke California not Florida

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHSyySIECGE

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I cannot imagine giving the slightest gently caress about any of this.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

I loved him in Mr. Deeds.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
They're upset because people...reacted? I don't get it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Fine Bros are cool because they showed their video about all the poo poo LOST didn't explain at the screening of the final episode and it made Abrams and Lindelof cry.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

dumb SOB telling me to focus on his legal document when he can't even focus both eyes at once

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

symbolic posted:

i think the counter is broken. all i see is a giant "0".

That's a mirror, silly.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Sleeveless posted:

The Fine Bros are cool because they showed their video about all the poo poo LOST didn't explain at the screening of the final episode and it made Abrams and Lindelof cry.

oh poo poo is there a video of abrams crying out there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
teens react to this bad thread

"its bad" -teens

• Locked thread