Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

je1 healthcare posted:

....huh. Wasn't expecting them to nix the whole program. Licensing out their channel brand was okay, even if the trademark was overly-broad (and lol @ the idea of anyone paying them 30% to use their sound fx)

The sad thing is that most youtube networks try to take 40% of a channels revenue without even offering sound effects.
I didn't read the details of The React World TOS, but while it sounds bad to people who aren't running channels it's a better deal than many channels are getting from their MCN. There's a bunch of Multi Channel Networks that work like pyramid schemes trying to get kids to sign on with 60/40 revenue sharing deals, offering promotion, management and maybe some stock content libraries. Most of the recruiters with these networks are themselves channels stuck in this horrible situation and trying to make referral bonuses.

FineBros are with Fullscreen, which is vastly more reputable, but still lowballs everyone with 60/40 revshare, I'm with them and I negotiated a vastly more appropriate rate for the services they offer.

Fine Bros are still dumb for doing this though.

illectro fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
They are jewish I've solved the puzzle for this situation and perhaps every similar one. Dig no deeper

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

lmao

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
principled consumers

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:newlol:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I like the funny range of numbers for that graph.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I watched that counter for about a minute and it fluctuated between -4 and +3. This is pretty exciting.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

I like the funny range of numbers for that graph.

that doesn't matter since they're back to the same level of subscribers as before.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Congratulations, guy who spent four months following subscription numbers waiting with bated breath for the exact day that the 4% of subscribers they lost was regained so you could deliver a cutting :stoke: against mumble mumble

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Guy Mann posted:

Congratulations, guy who spent four months following subscription numbers waiting with bated breath for the exact day that the 4% of subscribers they lost was regained so you could deliver a cutting :stoke: against mumble mumble

Some people's hobbies are making sweet love to sawn-off horse buttholes, some are f5'ing youtube channels. Who are you to judge? :colbert:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

filming a reaction video to this thread as we speak

hint: it's not a good reaction

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

The Fine Brothers have returned to power and will destroy humanity by August

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Guy Mann posted:

wow you're using my "guy who" burn against someone else without even accepting getting burned what a fag

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think the old man I liked died.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Shocker everyone's full of poo poo. Well that whole copyright thing is still very dead so least that happened

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Haha wow I thought we hated them!!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I resubbed immediately so that the one w the retard eyes could afford some face surgery to look less like a deflated toad

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I don't know who the fine bros are and I hope they die. Please post a thread when they actually die

naem
May 29, 2011

I hope we get more angry videos where weird, small, exhausted looking googly eyed gnome creatures argue angrily with me the viewer about their business plan where they try to make money off of teenaged children having facial expressions

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
YouTube should just say they're going to take 99% of their revenue and dare them to go to DailyMotion or some loving bullshit place that retarded teens don't go to.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

naem posted:

I hope we get more angry videos where weird, small, exhausted looking googly eyed gnome creatures argue angrily with me the viewer about their business plan where they try to make money off of teenaged children having facial expressions

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Putty posted:

jesus is there even a hint of self-awareness in these hipsters

chances are they also own a cereal bar

I own several cereal bars. One is granola w/ craisins + yogurt.

NEway, good 2 see these bros are doing "fine" at their internet viedo jobs.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What is a reaction video? Is it like that hory shet piss video?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

This graph loving blows. Get it the gently caress out of here.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Wow check out that new loading icon on the awful app, hope u don't REACT to it haha like the fine bros

naem
May 29, 2011

I've never heard of whatever a fine bro before this thread, I'm just annoyed when YouTube©™® Personalities©™®© interrupt my wacky cat videos to discuss their 7 point business plan and legal defense fund and patented CatWack©®™ subscription scheme

Just show me the cat, chasing a piece of string, or hot girl eating chicken on a bean bag chair asmr farts or someone else playing a video game so I can watch on my phone until I fall asleep in a pool of my own congealed bodily fluids on a Thursday, I don't want to have to know or care that someone does this for a living

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
why is there a 3 month gap between the two last points

these graphs are even worse than the retarded poo poo kids make in middle school geometry

naem
May 29, 2011

One of my ex's really liked Jenna marbles who is good and fun and successful

I watched some video where these five hot girls paid Jenna to be in their vid in a bid for popularity and it was 20 minutes of these hot girls with big desperate eyes looking at the camera explaining how professional they are and their tax scheme from their YouTube earnings, and they kept talking in this weird breathy fake girl voice, there weren't any jokes, and OH GOD PRESS THE BUTTON, PRESS IT, LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE, PRESS IT YOU VIEWER gently caress, GAH, LOOK HOW PRETTY WE ARE DAMMIT GIVE ME THE MONEY, LIKE JENNA, THEYRE PAYING US M-MONEY, MONEY!! MONEYYY

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Haha cool

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna go out on a limb knowing nothing about this and just assume anyone emotionally invested in this fine bros thing is an irredeemable moron.

Am I close?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Putty posted:

The Fine Brothers have returned to power and will destroy humanity by August

Trump is the Fine Brothers of politics

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb knowing nothing about this and just assume anyone emotionally invested in this fine bros thing is an irredeemable moron.

Am I close?

no actually this time it's really cool and the people invested are smart & handsome

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

Trump is the Fine Brothers of politics

epic post

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Am I close?

Yeah but to be fair that's true for anything involving the internet.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

naem posted:

One of my ex's really liked Jenna marbles who is good and fun and successful

I watched some video where these five hot girls paid Jenna to be in their vid in a bid for popularity and it was 20 minutes of these hot girls with big desperate eyes looking at the camera explaining how professional they are and their tax scheme from their YouTube earnings, and they kept talking in this weird breathy fake girl voice, there weren't any jokes, and OH GOD PRESS THE BUTTON, PRESS IT, LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE, PRESS IT YOU VIEWER gently caress, GAH, LOOK HOW PRETTY WE ARE DAMMIT GIVE ME THE MONEY, LIKE JENNA, THEYRE PAYING US M-MONEY, MONEY!! MONEYYY

can we mock people for that nasaly child voice b/c its worthy of it

its weird when children above the age of 6 do it let alone grown rear end adults

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Am I close?

Congrats at finding a way to feel undeservedly smug and superior to everyone

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Congrats at finding a way to feel undeservedly smug and superior to everyone

ya if you want to find a reason to be smug (and superior) just read this guy's posts ha ha ha

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

nigga crab pollock posted:

can we mock people for that nasaly child voice b/c its worthy of it

its weird when children above the age of 6 do it let alone grown rear end adults

I heard that when people have that high voice that sometimes it's because they were molested as a child and their brain won't let their voice mature past the age when it happened.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Why was this gay thread resurrected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pot Of Shoe posted:

I heard that when people have that high voice that sometimes it's because they were molested as a child and their brain won't let their voice mature past the age when it happened.

hosed up if true.

• Locked thread