Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Yikes :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Getting penalized for not having health insurance is loving bullshit, god damnit I hate america

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

go3 posted:

Its not a punishment, its a tax! :science:

Also, you shouldn't be revealing your salary history to recruiters or potential employers. They're only doing this so they can lowball you.

Whatever you want to call it, its still bullshit and shouldn't be a thing

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Employers are concerned that if you are employed at a level below your previous education/salary/etc., you will only be working there long enough to find a better job. They're right in many cases, of course, but meanwhile they're missing out on someone who would probably do a pretty good job since they REALLY need a job.

Im talking about the health insurance penalty not salary or whatever

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I admittedly am not current at all on the Honda line up but if I was only shown this photo and someone told me it was a Civic and NOT an Accord I would tell them they were full of crap. Every generation of Car X gets fatter. This is because consumers are stupid. When asked what they would want improved on their current car they say things like "I wish it had a bigger trunk, and more room in the back seat". Rather than telling them "Then you bought the wrong car you rear end clown, let me introduce you to a Camry/Accord/5 series" they take a great proportioned car for a given market segment and turn it into a fatty. The title of my E36 M3 is rated as a "Sub-Compact" for craps sake. The current 3 series is so huge it dwarfs a mid 90's 5 series.

Part of the reason I hate new cars

• Locked thread