Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Adiabatic posted:

This semester owns already. I'll have a question about ladder logic and this one dude at work immediately knows the answer. I'll have another question about THE GRID and this dude that sits right next to me at work is a GRID MASTA.

When one of the lectures in Intro to Electronics covered a grid of LRCs and asked what the aggregate characteristics were -- that's when I knew I'd be sticking to CS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Man I am such a sucker for these treasure hunting shows. I even love Prospectors on the Weather Channel. TONIGHT ON THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND... THEY FIND NOTHING... AS USUAL.

They found that tiny shred of coconut fiber, though, which is good enough for me :3:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

This is probably far more accurate than I want to admit.

Every time I see Idiocracy on TV, I think, well you don't have to shove it in front of my face.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The fuckin Bose LS400 still exists and still works!: http://jalopnik.com/we-finally-know-why-boses-magical-hopping-suspension-ne-1757422095

Someone in those comments claims that there's sensors or emitters in the test ramps to cue the car to adjust suspension accordingly.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

In all honestly I've helped a few Jewish customers that were very kind to me until they found out that my last name is Irish, not german-jewish, but it's not like they consistently do poo poo like that.

You're saying they mistook your surname as German-Jewish?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

I live in Detroit.

e; well, just outside of detroit, but still.

Found his address:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

That game cemented that you can go all the way by having incredible defense and a reliable kicker.

1500quidporsche posted:

I legitimately tried to get into it last year and lasted three quarters of a game. It has to be a recent thing where they just stuff in as many commercials as possible. I mean jesus I love watching baseball and I struggled with the pacing of the game. I feel bad for you guys who grew up watching it and now have to deal with what it has become now.

Having a DVR has revolutionized watching football for me. You learn very quickly when they're going to cut to a commercial and when they're going to just film the teams standing around after a play, so you can skip forward appropriately to all the plays. And for the really exciting/clutch/unusual plays, you can rewind as many times as you like.

I think football is fairly easy to understand and appreciate. Does one team put together a play that advances the ball? Does the other team stop them? The downs and breaks completely reinforce the per-play nature of the game, which I like. Compare to rugby, which is so much more free-form and flowing, with much less specialization in positions and roles.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Not those super deflated ones :getin:

If the play clock is usually 40s, and a play is something like 10s, I can see how 11min of 60min regulation play time is the action.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

Kids these days 🙄

Talks about kids but throws in an emoji.
I assume it's an emoji cuz it's rendering as a box.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

Just got off the phone with healthcare.gov, was trying to find out why they didn't accept anything I'd submitted to prove my income (all my W2s, all my 1099s, a profit and loss log, my tax return, every pay stub I had from 2015, bank statements.....)

Turns out they want me to print everything, then write my SSN, DOB, and application ID on everything, then scan it and resubmit. :wtc:

Could you just digitally sign using Acrobat and c/p on all the pages?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Been there. Done that. gently caress that, not for me. I'm not a computer janitor anymore for a reason.

That reason is probably that the job was bad, not that an office environment inherently sucks the soul out of you.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

drat, dude.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Sigma X posted:

You don't need to just stop smoking pot, you need a complete reexamination and subsequent change in your lifestyle. Seeking to escape from your crappy life by drinking, doing drugs, and generally forcing yourself to ignore just how much you hate it, isn't going to improve your situation.

I guess when I heard SAC was quitting weed, that implied weed and harder drugs, too. A major (and obviously hard) cold-turkey change in your life.
But when I read that about drinking hard and doing coke, it felt a struggle to displace some of the itch. I dunno, maybe you were doing all of that stuff before already, just not mentioning it here.

I'm sure there's plenty of folks out there who are functional and can do that stuff and make it all work. I just hope you don't feel like you're sliding back on when you made that big "I gotta change my life" post a few weeks back.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

Gonna guess there was a bit of "hey, watch this" involved. There had to be some kind of frontal impact to set off the front airbags though, right?

It's crazy that the impact mashed in the bodywork, punched a hole in the rear tire, but only took one big chip out of the rear wheel.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I saw my ex from college (12 years ago? jeez) on a dating app, and I wanted to get dinner with her just so I can ask, "Be real, how does my hair look now?"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

My friend who was looking for a crossover turned down the CX-3 ("i don't really like the way it looks") in favor of the GLA250, only now to be asking me about the Lexus NX :eng99:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

What if the "torque ratios" in that bad Liberty Mutual ad is talking about torque bias in LSDs?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Now that cellular companies have switched off of the 2-year locked in discount phone upgrade, is there any reason to buy from them vs bringing your own phone? I spent an hour at a local AT&T store buying a phone for my dad. Before, I could always order online and have it shipped straight home, but that doesn't seem to work after this switch to the new purchase model. If I'd known it'd take so long between the line and the upgrade process, I would have tried to get a phone straight from the Apple store.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I think the 818 is awesome, but would beat you into submission if you tried to DD it. For me, I kept staring at the non-structural windscreen and thinking "I better tuck my head in hard if this thing rolls."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

That's a close shave, drat.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

That's a close shave, drat.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Saw this ad for IP protection in my alum magazine:

Pretty well conceived drawing!

I wondered if anyone'd tried that before. There's a bicycle at burning man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk7s4PfvCZg
which cleverly dispenses with the eccentric gears by using the suspension and those flat pieces to offset the vertical motion of the centroid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Looks like I'll be starting work on Thursday. Thank gently caress. So bored and so broke.

*turns on Vape-Kampff machine*
You and your boss are out on a job site. You get in your boss' truck.
He hands you a small joint.

What do you do?

• Locked thread