Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Calling all Jeep electric gurus!

got a 05 cherokee with the 4.7 thats giving me a headache. The whole car is a nightmare with a dodgy past. It looks like it was in a major front end accident since it has new front body panels poorly aligned, a junk yard engine cradle, a junk yard engine etc...

Anyway Came in with a dead/bad battery. So I put one in. Came in 5 days later with a no start. Customer didnt want to pay any diag and insisted it was the starter. After tapping on the starter it fired up so I shrugged and threw on in for them. Now its back today. Doing the same poo poo as in it clicks over and has a no start. Jumping the starter relay proves that the starter turns just fine. Check codes and it has a bunch of transmission codes including a reverse solenoid. I randomly turn the key and it fires up. What the gently caress. Ok its running in park. The cluster selector says reverse and my reverse lights are on. Try moving through the gears they seam to activate although it clunks going into reverse. Turn car off, wont start just clicks. If i try starting the car in drive or reverse it wont click over but in park and neutral it will. Seams normal. Im also getting two separate clicks between ignition on and turning the key all the way. Half way betwen ignition and all the way turned to the right, there is a click from the smart junction box in the drivers kick panel and then you hear the starter relay under the hood.

At this point im getting pissed since there is no diag at all on this car but yet this is still all my fault somehow.

Anyone here experience something similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

MrChips posted:

Temporarily embarrassed millionaires...

Also I don't know if you realise it but literally every second you are alive, whether you are sleeping or not, you are relying on the government to take care of you, so that's the biggest, most immature crock of poo poo argument I've ever heard.

People like that are always the first to alert the authorities as well.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Ok if you have a jeep that wont start and thinks its in reverse only sometimes very rarely, it might have a bad shifter assembly switch all in one thing, 700 dollar part our cost 1300 from the dealer. Stopping at failed continuity test between switch and front control module. Cant wait to be told to put the old starter back in tomarrow.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 4, 2016

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
A big reason I hung up my snowboard was because local hills around here are all parks and my boss would not accept a work excuse that included me wanting to hit a really gnarley kink rail while most certainly drunk. :( growing up sucks but good god did I get away with some close calls back when helmets were unheard of on the hill and only worn by uber noob nerds and ski team bros.

I played the poo poo out of Dave Mirras video game. Was way better than TH Pro Skater IMO. Sucks to get a blast from the past in a bad way.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 5, 2016

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Tonight! How much Subaru can you buy for a 100 dollars? Preoptopus would find out if there wasnt a blizzard and the old guy selling it to me is scared to drive in the snow.

98 legacy outback 2.5 with 235k, needs rear brakes and a couple lines. guy didnt wanna scrap cause sentimental value it and his wife wants it gone. Getting it tomorrow.

Do i flip it, or make something fun out of it?

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 14, 2016

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
six pack of haams tall boys a bunch of dabs and king of the hill solo cause gently caress v day

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Oh Australia, never stop. :allears:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35600546

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Seat Safety Switch posted:

In my experience, they'd pay it. A sucker is born every minute, and they buy PT Cruisers when they turn 40.

In there defense you can jack the poo poo out of the engines. Its really not that terrible of a job getting the belt on is the worst part in my experience.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
The one time in my life i have 2 grand burning a hole in my pocket and there is nothing remotely cool on CL to waste it on.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
My buddy just drove all the way to Iowa to win an argument we had.

Can someone make sense of this for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

1500quidporsche posted:

He was pretty good in the fifth element.

that's Chris Tucker you racist.

• Locked thread