Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Excellent, saw this posted on Facebook earlier then forgot about it.

Doesn't someone here live in the Tampa, St. Pete area? Leica maybe? Might be doing a weekend trip with Dad to visit his parents in a couple weekends. There's the possibility we'll be bringing one of the fun cars down :getin:

I live about an hour north of there. There isn't poo poo for actual good driving roads in the area, but plenty of awesome ones for just going for a cruise on. Oh, and there is some place called sebring 3-4 hours away, but I dunno nuffin bout all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yeah roads in Florida basically suck but that's fine. This is more of a cruise down, visit for a few days then drive back trip. Dad and I have been trying to make a Sebring race for a while and haven't had open schedules yet...one of these years.

https://goo.gl/maps/zhq6ypw6a2F2

Thats the tail end of a drive I've seen bikers come from fairly far away to do. The full thing starts in the inverness area, comes down through a state park, through an old part of brooksville thats nice to cruise through, then down along the coast to check out some salt flats and small fishing towns like aripeka. I'll drive this stretch sometimes just to get out and stretch my legs, its nothing exciting, but does make for a relaxing cruise.

EDIT: The full thing https://goo.gl/maps/zhq6ypw6a2F2

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 6, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I agreed to cover a shift today because big whoop superbowl, gimmie money. gently caress this was a bad idea. The worst dregs of humanity came in today while we were trying to do the most bullshit aisle reorder in the store.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

It seems like it is an attempt to stop the "FOR OFF ROAD OR RACE USE ONLY" type sales you see on stuff like non-emissions compliant tunes, catless downpipes and the like. Somehow I don't think you're going to see EPA goons showing up at your next autocross meet checking to make sure all the miatas are running all CERTIFIED EQUIPMENT~. (And its not like parts companys are going to sit on their thumbs while this goes through without throwing some kind of bitch fit.)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Any wheel painting tips? I'm tired of plast-dipping my wheels every year and the white dip is a bitch to keep clean. I'd rather have something I can just hose off.

Make sure you get all the road grime off before painting and make sure you have a good clearcoat. There is wheel specific paint out there from at least VHT, duplicolor and probably others.

EDIT: Duplicolor's white is # HWP100

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 9, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Been having issues with my mouse lately and figured out that it was sitting funny due to the cover over the battery not sitting right. I yanked the cover off about a week ago and noticed today that the mouse was sitting horribly crooked and noticed when I picked it up and looked at it that the battery had swelled to almost double its normal height. Its now sitting out in the driveway until it goes back to a normal size and can be safely tossed or I find a way to safely destroy it. Thats the first battery I've ever had swell like that. :catstare:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its a rechargeable lithium battery. And I'm not going to bother razer over a 4 year old battery when it is pretty much a case of my own dumbness. I've left it with the charging cable plugged in since I didn't like the delay while using it wirelessly and I didn't yank the battery since I like having the weight of it in the mouse. Its just surprising to see how much it swelled in like a week, though I suspect its been doing it longer and is responsible for the battery cover breaking.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Today is one of those days where you just look at poo poo and go what the gently caress. Found out I got paid and got my tax return today, so I woke up with an extra $1700 in my bank account. I came in today to find out that either our assistant manager is quiting or our ISS is getting fired for something. Then in the middle of it, my boss tells me I'm getting promoted to full time (not to either of these positions thankfully). So I'm bouning around all happy meanwhile everyone else is stressed out, pissed off and miserable. I feel a tad bit guilty. :ohdear:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah but it is literally my dream job. And once I am fully trained me and the other dude will switch off weekends.

Threw out the rest of my Kratom cuz it sucks and I do take some of your disses about me to heart.

Also what is the deal with that anti-car modification law bill thingy I have seen floating around on Facebook this week?

I've found that if you have any experience with opiates, kratom will do abolutely nothing for you. At least an extract is pointless, the pure poo poo will do something if you do it in heavy amounts, but at that point, heroin is cheaper. Anyways, I've downed half a bottle of scotch in 2 hours after my first 48 hours as a manager and I might be getting someone fired and feel like poo poo about it. I'm not paid enough to make decisions that affect a person with a 1-2 year old child's life. Foicl everytrjoimg. I hate thig joba already. I typel this with one eyes open.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A 30mg of roxicotton makes 150mg of pure kratom looks like pussy poo poo (but is immesurably more addictive. SAC, don't ever do a blue/30mg roxi, trust me). But yeah. I message boss tomorrow and ask him to be transfered because he has kid and I no want him fired. He is a licensesd marine mechanic which is invaluable in this area. And he has plenty of parts store experience, which is useful for new store opening. And then we get to keep tom. Tom is good. And doesn't threaten to beat my rear end.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Not a so, daughtwr, so maybe futoe boyfriensa? :ohdear:
He is also . Comvat vetern and I sudalf he might have. A slight case of ptsd. I just want to help. :ohdear:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Miatas are cool, the new genesis is pretty cool, people should just drive whatever and not be angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyuAXsqaqfA

New HRG is really good. Tony and Lucky make a great team and its nice to see the show kinda seperate itself from roadkill and stand on its own. Also, that camaro owns and I wish I'd had the money to buy the rolling 1987 firebird shell a customer offered me this week. :(

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Trust me, its not. 5.3's are loving everywhere in the states.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I now have a working tailgate handle, fog light switch and a properly hidden mic for the hands free bluetooth thing my stereo does with my phone. I'm getting so close to actually having a properly functioning vehicle that doesn't require me to keep pliers in it to operate things. :toot:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So cook you a steak. Think of the delicious revenge of making a bunch of stoned people a nice delicious steak cooking.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

And he got to grab Moreena Baccarin's tits. I wonder how many takes that scene had.

Depends on how into charachter he was.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The starter on a 4th generation eclipse (or anything with the 4g69 motor for that matter) can suck a big fat one. Its hidden behind the exhaust manifold with just about everything in the way. Me and a friend tried for ~5 hours to remove it without taking the exhaust manifold off since all the "official" stuff says its perfectly doable and we didn't have exhaust manifold gaskets. We gave up and I'm getting exhaust gaskets tomorrow, gently caress this.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Magnus Praeda posted:

Does that make the $5 Hot-N-Ready at Little Caesar's a low effort handie? :downsrim:

Nah, Its picking up the ugly chick with the unibrow and overbite at last call after striking out all night. Its all you can get and you're not going to respect yourself in the morning, but its still good enough when you're in the moment. The low effort handie is the crazy bread.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

At 30 my hair is as thick as a goddamned wheatfield, and drives me crazy because I have to get it cut constantly. In the summer it grows about as fast as my fingernails and gets even extra thicker and my head is hot constantly. I have a gigantic goddamned head (size: 8 1/4) and don't want to shave it all off because I would look like a freakish white watermelon. Thankfully my haircolor owns and if I spend any time at all outdoors it bleaches out and gives me these apparently fantastic highlights that girls love and I don't give a gently caress about. I cannot count the amount of times women have asked me where I "get my highlights done" hahaha. I'm always like, "well, typically on my lawn while mowing".

My grandfather on my mothers side went bald at like 17 - My other grandfather and father have spiderweb fine hair. Who knows.

Sup glorious flowing locks buddy. I was admittedly pretty bummed when at the begining of high school, my hair become somewhat curly and became much darker compared to the platinum blond it was before. Me and my mother suspect one of the medications I was on, but I'm not complaining. It went from random chicks complimemting my hair to random drunk chicks sitting in my lap to play with it at parties.

In other news, always wear safety glasses. I'm sitting here with one eye jammed shut due to it being dialated after having a piece of rust that was embedded in it dug out. I'm really only pissed that this couldn't have waited 3 weeks to happen so I could have had full insuramce through work. Thankfully the doctor who has seen my mother for years was willing to let me in with no appointment, only charge me what he normally charges for a checkup (The only other place in town that would even tough me without insurance wanted $285 minimum) and gave me the antibiotics for his office's price which is $18 vs $169 at the pharmacy. :smith:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 19, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

blk posted:

Took my parents out to Mexican last night.

How do I correct their pronunciation of Negro Modelo?

The e in negro is pronounced as an "eh" sound. "Neighgrow" Modelo. I'm still trying to break my mother of saying "chipoltee" and this is a woman who lived in texas for 20+ years. :v:

EDIT: And by also correcting it every loving time you hear it. Sooner or later, they'll get tired of you correcting them!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Phone posted:

Washed the ND this weekend since it was a breezy 70F outside and actually put the new registration sticker on the plate even though I've had it for like a month and I've been ridin' like Kastein dirty for the past few weeks. Maybe it was only a week since it goes 2 weeks into the next month.

I got my gross rear end 6 speed from Muffin box and started to degrease the fucker. I need to pick up a brass brush to really get at the grime. Next up on the block: paint correction on the truck. It's swirl city and you can see the shadows of the vinyl lettering that was on the thing. I should also probably do an oil change. How much oil does an LM7 take?

Oh yeah, race in 2 weeks, autocross in 4, glorious 日本 in 4 and change. Where is all of the time going? I need to reschedule my Global Entry interview because I'm not leaving the terminal at O'Hare.

6 quarts of 5w-30. Wix filter 57060. It freaks customers out when I hear 5.3 and immediately grab the filter for it without looking in a book. :saddowns:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Phone posted:

I don't think there's a Rotella in 5W30. I forgot who was also good, Pennezoil? I think I'm gonna keep the truck on Dino unless if there's already synthetic from the factory.

No, but you could run Rotella T6 5w-40 in it easily enough if you aren't somewhere where the temps are that cold. The earlier lm7s aren't really that picky on what kind and weight of oil gets chucked in them. I've been running castrol edge in it, but thats more because its constantly on sale at work.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

opengl128 posted:

Speaking of oil chat, how about in an LS1? I've been running Mobil 1 since its kind of the obvious answer, but is there anything it likes better?

Its an LS. It basically gives 0 shits from what I've seen. Just make sure weights are appropriate to where you live and make sure its some kind of engine oil.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

God drat it. One of my co-workers suggested I use a dark metallic gold paint on the wheels of my truck and I can't get the idea out of my head. Everything else I've seen done with the stock wheels looks like absolute dog poo poo and I was resigned to one day buying cragar soft 8s for it. But it would look damned nice with the dark metallic blue on my avalanche.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 23, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Do I get to complain about my neighbor calling me at work (as in on the phones at work, not a cell phone that she has the number to) while I was dealing with customers to complain that the poor condition of my yard is the reason her house isn't selling? And demanded that I either come home right then and do gardening or pay someone to do it for me. :v:

Now I'm trying to decide I should decide if I should spite her by going full redneck and parking a rusted out late 80's firebird on cinder blocks in the front yard that "I'll totally get around to restoring!!!!" or just ignore her and watch her eventual meltdown.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I thought this is what happened during australian summerd anyways :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I love when our customers come in complaining about a shop we deliver to. Even more so when the customer is a bit of a dick and so is the shop owner. Shop did a lovely job replacing the motor in a dudes 300c, so he was buying parts to fix it himself so he wouldn't have to deal with the shop owner again. The dude was also freaking out over break-in stuff until I mentioned I knew where they sourced motors and told him not to worry about it, it was broken in. I didn't feel the need to burden him with the knowledge that it was almost certainly a junkyard motor and possibly had more miles on it than the dead motor.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

His performace was pretty supergreen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Agreed.

In other news, does Kratom make you look like you're on meth? I had a student last week that was talking about doing it, meanwhile he was agitated, aggravated, unable to focus and looked like he was ready to blow.

Like what was mentioned, it acts on your opiod receptors, so it can cause you to have similar withdrawl symptoms. Which add in being sweaty and having a runny nose and I'd 100% say withdrawls.

• Locked thread