Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gorson posted:

American Truck Sim came out today. Who is playing it?

They finally released Desert Bus for the Sega CD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Good it was the most useless brand. The only interesting product they had was the FRS and that should've been badged as a Toyota to begin with.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They can't get our loving renewal documents and proposals to display rates in any color other than blue when generated from our lovely program so now we have to use an excel macro to convert the font color to black on every loving document we produce.

edit: Also if you have wooden handles for your knifes running them through the dishwasher is a great way to delaminate them.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Get a Bedford Rascal

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Slavvy posted:

Why do you even watch this poo poo? I was in an NY pizza place the other day that have NFL/highschool football playing constantly on their screens and it was like torture wondering when the actual sport happens. I'm not particularly into sports but I've never gotten the same sensation watching basketball, football, rugby etc.

I legitimately tried to get into it last year and lasted three quarters of a game. It has to be a recent thing where they just stuff in as many commercials as possible. I mean jesus I love watching baseball and I struggled with the pacing of the game. I feel bad for you guys who grew up watching it and now have to deal with what it has become now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

keykey posted:

Also, get ready to not get taken seriously unless you're already employed while in school: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/01/20/study-finds-big-gaps-between-student-and-employer-perceptions

I really struggle with that perception, which is extremely frustrating because to a large extent I empathize with the employers. Coworkers around my age are way too rigid, they lose their poo poo if you deviate from the rules in order to get something done. I've got coworkers that will just stop working on RFPs and tell the account manager we're declining to quote because the data submitted is missing a date of birth in the census for one out of fifty employees:psyduck:, like holy poo poo just plug into the system that they're 50 or something and move on, I think we're comfortable with the 0.5% variance in pricing if it turns out they're either 70 or 20 years old.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

These loving jackasses sent out a form email about how our company "just missed" our annual target so we get a reduced bonus that's loving word for word ripped from the email sent last year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I mean, I understand that despite we're number one or two in every segment we're in across the board were always going to "just miss" the "Key Performance Indicators" that determines our bonuses. I just wish it was slightly less cynical than pulling up the email from last year and changing 2014 to 2015, then sending it out.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Say what I did with a 2.3 GPA when they asked about it in my job interview:

"I did okay but I think if I was to do it again I'd do things a bit differently knowing what I do now."

Didn't even ask for my transcript.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Enourmo posted:

ugh.... i just loving moved in and like

what do i tell the office? what if he gets busted, his buddies put 2 and 2 together and come after me for snitching

christ i am a goddamn human mess

The guy is dealing pot. The world ain't going to end man, the police are going to give zero fucks even if they find out especially if he's white

Or you could move into a building like mine where I can show you the loving brown stains around the exhaust port for the kitchen fan that clearly indicate somebody is running a drug lab, and the police still don't give a gently caress.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I wish I was half the gently caress up John Z Delorean was. Hell he hung around dealers and nothing bad ever happened to him.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

It's more like you seem like a good dude but post nothing but goon in a well poo poo.

Seriously the biggest lesson I've learned in life is that nobody wants to hear me bitch. I could go on about the loving 1 am screaming baby I hear three nights a week or all the other poo poo with my job but who really cares at the end of the day? If you just look at the positive poo poo things go so much better and you get perspective that things you think are negative don't really matter as much.

2016 has loving rocked compared to 2015 for me and its been purely down to mindset.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

leica posted:

Pretty much. My wife has to pull it out of me when i feel like poo poo because i honestly think no one wants to hear about my health issues. I don't complain about anything anymore and I'm just thankful I'm living at this point :v:

I still end up doing it once in a while but end up wondering why the gently caress I got so worked up afterwards and yeah things have gone so much better for me by just not bitching.

I got a far better bonus and performance review compared to the year before and the only thing I've changed other than not bitching as much was working at home on Fridays where I usually just nap on the couch with my laptop open and send the occasional email I saved as a draft earlier in the week so it looks like I'm hard at work.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Find out where she works, phone her up, and tell her to gently caress off.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

leica posted:

There should be a law against kids having kids.

There's a couple down the hall that have two dogs that they can't even be bothered to pick up their poo poo while they let them run off leash through the parking lot. She also looks about 7 months pregnant and I'm sure based on his lifted bro-blazer that kid is going to be all kinds of terror.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

KozmoNaut posted:

Sometimes I kinda envy those people who can just be happy.

Do you really want to be one of those shitlords that is happy all the time? Part of what makes life enjoyable is coming back from the lows, if you don't know what bad is like are you really going to enjoy poo poo when it's good?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is there a good place to get automotive patches online? I want to buy a British Leyland patch for my kart suit, I got some Agip patches off ebay earlier but they honestly seem cheap as gently caress.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Goober Peas posted:

Even the Titanic quit sinking at some point.

March chat thread title right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He was pretty good in the fifth element.

• Locked thread