Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Geirskogul posted:

Hey, I went out to buy milk (for spaghetti sauce) tonight

Wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

I've slept no more than 4 hours/night for the past week.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to die.

Just wait till your baby arrives :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ozmiander posted:

Yes, your posting IS a big part of why i don't post much any more.

Is your ignore list broken? I cant even

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Should I start lying when talking to potential employers? You run into a lot of staffing agencies looking for work and they always seem to change their mind when they ask how much I was making at my last job. Look dude, I need a job I'll work for $12/hr IDGAF just hire me.

It's fine, but it's kinda like shooting yourself in the foot. You're not lying about your abilities, education or work history, which I think are the most important parts of a resume.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Am I too old to get a student loan? Looking at the CAD program at my local CC.

You probably can, but you shouldn't take out a loan for a community college.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

I was looking at renting a challenger r/t for my father sometime this summer. When he got out of vietnam the first thing he spent his money on was a plum crazy challenger which unfortunately he no longer has and theres a local place that rents it out for $149/day as long as its Mon-Thurs. Hes battled 2 cancers over the past five years, just had both of knees replaced and he deserves a little slice of his youth for a few days.

Not sure if I want to do a 3 day M-Th rental ($450) or a 2 day weekend rental ($490).

Is he retired? If not, I'd say weekend and take the car out of town on a weekend getaway.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Visiting my grandma in the ER. Her face is so swollen and bruised holy gently caress.

Sorry about your grandma, it's really hard for the whole family when she's going through that kind of stuff. does she live on her own?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Phone posted:

The only car company doing Things Right is Mazda.

The ND is wider but shorter than the NA. Weighs the same, too. :getin:

And it looks a million times better than the NC.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tide posted:

When they raised the wages in...Seattle? The people that were all gung ho about the wage increase were all like YAY MORE MONIES!! then they found out their increase in income caused them to lose their welfare benefits and then were all like NO! I CAN ONLY WORK 12 HOURS A WEEK (OH WAIT AWESOME WOOOHOOO!!!) So what will happen here, our society being what it is, human nature and all that, will earn 15 bucks an hour but work less in order to keep their welfare bennies because ultimately the welfare bennies are worth more. So, their income will be roughly the same (working 20 hours instead of 40) as it was before.

None of this poo poo happened, consider not repeating fox news bullshit without knowing what the gently caress you're talking about. Seattle implemented 15/hr wages but most businesses do not have to implement it for a few more years.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
A lovely car thief crashed into and totaled a former e30 that I owned and sold to GabeN in 2014. Dunno if he was still the current owner.

http://komonews.com/news/local/finally-a-seattle-crime-story-that-involves-magic-mud-a-fire-alarm-and-missing-pants

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?itemID=21337652&RowNumber=11&loadRecent=True

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Depending on the car that might not really be a crazy quote, assuming the car actually needed all those things done.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

quote:

Consumers pay $35.22 in taxes for every gallon of spirits [in washington state], according to a survey by Washington, D.C.-based Tax Foundation in 2013. The next-highest state tax rate is Oregon's, at $22.73 a gallon. Most states charge $10 or less a gallon of liquor taxes; there are 3.78 liters in a gallon.

I think I like beer better anyway.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

corn in the fridge posted:

Wait seriously? I thought it was heavily implied that he was.

Only by terrible posters like you

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I think I was only 9 when my dad took me to see terminator 2 in the theater :v:

Good dad

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

bolind posted:

Between last time you Brits preached home made, cold risen dough for pizzas I've actually started baking quite seriously. Breads, pizzas the works. I'm curious what tips you guys have. For starters, what kind of flour, and whole grain or regular?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-new-york-style-pizza-dough.html

make that, put in the fridge for 3-5 days.

I really don't like delivery pizza any more after I started making my own dough and sauce. its like 2 bucks per pizza. gently caress delivery prices.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cakefool posted:

What's the window pane test?

Also I want to add USB power to my car for dashcam, phone etc. Previously I've done terrible terrible things with splices but I'm thinking of doing it right this time, so do I run dedicated cables from the battery? Should I get a small fusebox just for this?

scuz covered it (google for more info) but i just use the hook attachment on my KA mixer and let the fucker go for 20 minutes or so. food processor will do it faster but I prefer the mixer.

i never bother with the window pane test.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

But a bread machine is only just barely "going out of your way", thats the point. You dump flour, water, yeast, butter and salt in the bowl and turn the machine on.

same as a kitchenaid mixer or a food processor. at least the KA mixer is easy as hell to clean the bowl and hook. Bread machines are terrible.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

The bread machine you used is terrible. There is only a bowl to clean on ours.

bread machines are terrible because they are huge, take up too much space to make poo poo bread.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Magnus Praeda posted:

Does that make the $5 Hot-N-Ready at Little Caesar's a low effort handie? :downsrim:

A handie with instant regret

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

88h88 posted:

Seriously if nobody has tried using reggae reggae jerk sauce instead of a tomato based pizza sauce you're missing out.

It's like $2 a bottle to change your life forever.

I will try this. will any jerk sauce work?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

wallaka posted:

I noticed my hair was thinning a few years back and promptly bought some clippers and buzzed it. It's the best decision, anything else reeks of desperation and everybody knows. There's nothing more pitiful and unattractive than a man trying to hide a bald spot.

There's a guy here at work who's lost everything under his baseball hat (which he only wears on his way in/out of work) except for his lovely curly mullet thing. Talk about saving the worst part for last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Have you checked out the 44" tool chest from HF? it's worth a look and cheaper too.

• Locked thread