Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm way the hell east so I've had next to no rain, but a fuckload of wind. Of course I spent this afternoon blowing my front yard clean :smithicide:

Edit: Within thirty seconds of hitting post, the rain started, and looking at the radar there's plenty following it.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Might be that someone found an exploit for your web frontend that allows arbitrary code execution or something. That's still a potential attack vector.

Yeah, and 8080 is not exactly an uncommon port for people to use.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Slavvy posted:

I think it's a deeper level of fuckedness. From the outside it seems like decades of gutting your education system and politicising minor issues has resulted in a tailspin you aren't likely to recover from as each successive generation is more ignorant, unhealthy and politically extreme than the last. Everything I've read of history makes it seem like the USA is an empire firmly in decline and on the precipice of disaster.

This is probably far more accurate than I want to admit.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

literally a fish posted:

The plastic one I bought a month ago works great :v: (Also they don't sell the metal one in AU for some reason. Straight from 60AUD plastic kit to $350AUD professional compressed air powered kit.)

It works for now, but it really doesn't last long term. My plastic one is pretty beat to poo poo and I'll probably replace it with a nicer one this year. It doesn't pull a vacuum as reliably, the gauge has clouded over, and it just generally feels like its about to shatter.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cakefool posted:

There's nothing quite like that feeling of your kid falling asleep in your arms :3:

It is The Best. Get it while you can.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geoj posted:

I've suggested them in the past, what are you curious about?

I've also raved about their gear, though I've only used a couple of the Nanostation Loco M5s in a point-to-point. Haven't tried a UAP yet but I've heard nothing but good about them.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Federal law, unfortunately. Not that the feds seem to be enforcing it upon individual owners unless you import something around the 25-year rule - I think these laws are more aimed at stopping the sale of parts.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Sanders supporters are loving dreaming if they think he stands any chance of getting a bit of his platforms through against all of that. However that's not to say the president cant have a big influence - you have up to four Supreme Court justices that are old as gently caress. Sanders probably would appoint some much better justices and manage to get them confirmed. You do not want more Alio's and Scalia's appointed.

This is very much the reality of the situation, and the problem is that everyone is so loving focused on what happens in the next five minutes to five days that they don't understand that this is not change that can possibly happen overnight. It realistically can't even happen in two presidential terms. Obamacare was a tiny step in the right direction and that represents an nsane amount of effort. There are a lot of people who point at Obama's optimism as some giant fault - but how the gently caress do you ever get from here to there, if you never have someone in charge who wants to get there?

The chance that Bernie could actually get us a tenth of the way to being in the same ballpark as actual first world countries is slim. Hillary would probably effect no net change. The caricature of insane people that the modern GOP consists of would probably stand a surprisingly good chance of pushing us much further towards full-on third-world.

In less depressing news, my wife is apparently now friends with the guy who played the role of "Good Cop" when I got pulled over for street racing... 14 years ago. Through completely unrelated events they ended up meeting again and he recognized her as the passenger for "some kid racing in his dad's car".

I felt somewhat vindicated when he apparently called the cop who had actually pulled me over that night an rear end in a top hat.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That is a fairly common issue. It seems like Ubiquiti tries to market to service providers more than the mass market, and a lot of those guys want to make $Texas if they aren't going to be able to bundle the Ubiquiti hardware in with whatever wireless service they're selling you.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Phoenix dudes. I'm going to be driving into your fair city next weekend, any sights/restaurants/driving roads I should go see?

My wife likes desert wildflowers, I like showing them to her as we drive past at 83mph. I'll be there Fri-Sun most likely so tell me what's cool. I think we're staying at the Wigwam Golf Resort.

I'm a huge fan (:rimshot:) of Little Miss BBQ. It's loving amazing, with the only downsides being they're open from "11 until we run out, Tuesday-Saturday" and the fact that the lines get so bad they have to direct traffic. So loving delicious.

The Apache Trail is a good drive for desert scenery, though with the weather warming up you might have to contend with more boats-on-trailers again. The best bit for 'spirited' driving is the paved bit between Apache Junction and a few miles past Tortilla Flat. The dirt section from there is still fun but it is usually a washboard road.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Also what is the deal with that anti-car modification law bill thingy I have seen floating around on Facebook this week?

It has to do with the EPA suddenly proclaiming that it is (and apparently always was) illegal to modify / remove emissions equipment even on vehicles that are no longer driven on public roads. So any Spec Miata / E30 / LeMons / bomber car, or any other racecar that was once a registered car, must maintain all of its emissions equipment.

It doesn't have anything to do with street driven vehicles that continue to be street driven, since doing poo poo like test pipes was always illegal.

It's a bit ridiculous. Seems like they'd do better to ban small gas lawnmowers than to maintain emissions compliance on track-only production cars. It also doesn't do anything to reduce emissions on a purpose built chassis that was never emissions compliant.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So does that mean I should buy a test pipe to get ride of my secondary cat ASAP?

If you want to be exactly the type of rear end in a top hat that has prompted the EPA to push for this, sure.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Phone posted:

You were an electrician tech who didn't know how to hook up a battery the right way, but you're steadfast in knowing that your secondary cat "doesn't do poo poo" because ???

Clearly Hyundai was just pressured by BIG CAT to put an extra converter on it - they just claim you need it to pass emissions. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Phone posted:

Hey man, this is AI, stop talking about cars.

don't kinkshame plz

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

Miatas are cool, the new genesis is pretty cool, people should just drive whatever and not be angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyuAXsqaqfA

New HRG is really good. Tony and Lucky make a great team and its nice to see the show kinda seperate itself from roadkill and stand on its own. Also, that camaro owns and I wish I'd had the money to buy the rolling 1987 firebird shell a customer offered me this week. :(

I have loved HRG from the get-go and it's because they do the whole "show you putting X parts in Y car" that the old TNN car shows did, but without editing it to the point where it looks like they just waved a loving wand and the parts magically fit perfectly every time. I think it was the very first one or close to it where they strapped a blower to a Camaro, made more power... and roasted the clutch. It's the poo poo that anyone wrenching in the real world deals with.

The only minor beef I have with that last one is I have no idea why they think they'd need a separate controller for the transmission. The stock ECU controls a 4L60E just fine.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Deadpool is funny as hell and is a pro choice for a Valentine's weekend movie. Might be the best Stan Lee cameo ever, too.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BloodBag posted:

Do you have to like the comic book to enjoy it?

The most comic-book-oriented knowledge you need is knowing who Stan Lee is / what he looks like, so that you can laugh at his cameo appearance. The movie stands on its own (and makes a lot of fun of superhero cliches in general, comic book or movie) without anything else.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

Uh, glory? He looks like an avocado hosed an older, uglier avocado.

Hatefucked, like there were some issues in the relationship.

iwentdoodie posted:

Deadpool was loving awesome.

The gaggles of eight year olds were not.

some texas redneck posted:

They do have "family hours" where they allow kids under 6 (with parents) and teens, but outside of those hours you can't get in there under 18 unless your parents bring you.

What theater lets an eight-year-old(s dude) into a R at any time without a parent?

I didn't see them but judging from the sound of the coughing there was at least one relatively small child in the showing I went to. I don't know what goes through some people's heads when choosing what movie to take their kid to. It has red-band trailers, dick jokes galore, Ryan Reynolds getting pegged, and some form of "gently caress" about every minute and twenty seconds. There's nothing even remotely child appropriate in the entire thing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

We have 4 litter pans, each with a different litter. He's sitting in my lap most of the time I am home, attention is never a problem. He lounges with the other cats half the day, they don't hate each other. We figure when we're gone he flips out and that's when he pees but there's nothing we can do about our schedules.

I'm guessing you've already tried dietary changes? One of our cats starts pissing anywhere and everywhere if we ever try to move them off of the "urinary health" kibble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My old man butchers Chipotle in the same way, and he's lived in AZ his whole life.

• Locked thread