Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Geirskogul posted:

Do people not already do this? Best way to cut onions.

I do radial cuts, and skip the board-parallel cuts entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

88h88 posted:

Dear lord American football is boring.

Do college matches have this many breaks to stand around and do nothing or is it just the big leagues? This is like gameshow levels of stringing it out for time. Advert advert advert advert advert 30 seconds of play, crap commentary, advert, 30 seconds of play, advert...

Like listening to happy hardcore requires a plethora of mind altering substances to enjoy, does American football require similarly mind altering levels of booze or what? It seems the appeal right now is adverts??

The average NFL game has a whopping eleven minutes of actual game play. http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/pie-chart-actual-football-watching-nfl-game-vs-replays-commercials-etc/

That's why I don't watch, also I don't care much for sports aside from playoff hockey and auto racing.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

ssjonizuka posted:

drat..you just gave me a thought. I never list a number because I don't technically have a burner #...but I do have a second line that I don't use for ANYTHING that is technically work related, but work uses my primary cell... I should just list that #. Might make things easier.

Google Voice... free local number, free forwarding, free voicemail transcription... it's my go-to for selling crap.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

Right now we're benefiting from countries and some enormous companies fighting for the market / market share. In the US the rise of fracking opened up the door for a LOT of small oil companies to get into the oil market. Fracking is very expensive, relatively, and for those small companies to stay in business, they need the price of crude to be ~$75/barrel or more. With it under $25/barrel, it costs them more to extract the oil than they can sell it for. This is going to starve out those small companies, and will probably result in them being gobbled up by the enormous companies.

There is also a lot of high-volume pumping going on in the middle east. Iran just came back on the global market and the Saudis have repeatedly refused to cut production.

The end result is that there is a glut of oil on the market and cheap gas for us... yay! Don't think we won't pay for this in the future, though.

The beginning of this actually isn't that accurate. The middle and end are correct. Your last sentence is 100% true.

Fracking is VERY easy to shut off, and the leases/costs to maintain a well are nothing compared to deepwater operations. The small fracking companies aren't going anywhere, because they can just shut down the wells and wait for prices to increase. The actual companies may go out of business, but they'll be bought by other small operations. Big companies (at least right now) want nothing to do with shale. The price of extraction is too high, the risks too large, and the public image is not good. However, venture capitalists will be happy to snap up the leases and capped wells and sit on them until the easily-accessed oil is gone, and prices skyrocket. Then they'll dust off the wellheads and their maps of where additional reserves are, and go to town on everyone's wallets.

The primary reason for the low oil prices is a massive change in demand (downward due to slowing economies across the world) and a pretty large uptick in production (NA Shale and tar sands). Those combined with the continued high-volume pumping in the Middle East and Russia make for huge oversupply, which drives pricing down. KSA haven't increased their production much, because they don't have to. The production from the other sources is plenty to outstrip demand and make the prices plummet.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

88h88 posted:

OFFICER YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, YOU NEED TO GIVE ME A TICKET FOR THIS.

Our traffic cameras don't seem to flash for cycles sadly, there's been a few times I've been over the limit past one. :(

I got pulled over in college for 45 in a 25 on my downhill bike. My defense "it's a bicycle". I was too poor to afford a ticket, and the cop didn't give me one. I kinda wish I had gotten one so I could have gone to court for it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

bolind posted:

What's the verdict on the first gen Audi TT 1.8T Quattro? A mate is considering one.

It's a VW MKIV platform car.

'Nuf said.

The engines are decent, once the coil packs get replaced, the water pump impeller is plastic and likes to break, which takes out the timing belt. The biggest forums with info about the car and/or engine are festering cesspools of human indignity. The interior is very nice, but the soft touch plastics like to peel and smell like crayons.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

jamal posted:

I like my whisky/bourbon/scotch with a bit of ice. Sometimes even a splash of water.

Yup. Depending on the strength of the alcohol, that's the way it's "meant" to be enjoyed. I just finished a cask strength Laphroaig, 56% ABV. To even taste half of what it offered, you had to water it down. Y'all can drink fire straight, but I like the flavor.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

I know right?

And all those cheesemakers and their loving beef stomach lining chunk they put in cheese, seriously, I dunno what the gently caress

It's almost as bad as the chemical found in tumors that gets added to storebought icecubes here.

that chemical being water, naturally

quote:

Dried and cleaned stomachs of young calves are sliced into small pieces and then put into salt water or whey, together with some vinegar or wine to lower the pH of the solution. After some time (overnight or several days), the solution is filtered. The crude rennet that remains in the filtered solution can then be used to coagulate milk. About 1 g of this solution can normally coagulate 2 to 4 L of milk.

YUM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Cage posted:

My problems are worse than yours, so yours are meaningless now.

Humans only have one scale with which to judge things. That scale slides, and expands to encompass one's experiences.

• Locked thread