Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Beautiful day again today so I went for a ride with a buddy. I huffed and puffed out about 12 miles slow as gently caress and felt great until I got on Facebook and see Cat Interceptor's ride posted. :v:

drat good work man. Maybe I'll get there one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

People who make more than minimum wage but less than $15.00/hr are always the most vehemently against a $15 dollar minimum wage for some reason. :allears:

It's because they truly think they're better than those making minimum wage.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

If you like vidya games and smashing poo poo together this is your reminder to get BeamNG drive.

https://youtu.be/jCbz4gqJgYg

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I have an affinity for cheap canned meat despite how bad I know it is for you. Spam, sardines, canned shredded chicken, etc.

Underwood's roast beef spread plus some sharp rear end cheddar makes a drat good lunch sandwich even if it looks like cat food. :v:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Time to watch the Broncos get their rear end kicked :getin:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

nm posted:

Whoops.

Understatement. :v:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Sometimes its the little touches that elevate a game from good to great.

I appreciated that it's also an automatic because of course it is. :v:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The company I work has been getting new cars in two weeks for the past couple of months. Initially rumors were they were going to be Jeep Renegades or maybe Chevrolet Captivas but somehow we all got disappointed when a brand new Chevrolet Trax showed up in the parking lot. I got to drive one today.

Trip report:
+Nice big tacho and digital speed readout, a la Sonic. Looks cool. Easy to read.
+1.4 turbo 4 seems to pull nicely. It's not fast but the power delivery is well suited to this vehicle.
+Transmission is pretty good! It has a legit manual mode that will shift quickly and hold gears.

-Somehow a brand new compact crossover with 70 series tires rides like poo poo.
-Handling is not confidence inspiring. The vehicle feels top-heavy and there is little feedback from the road.
-No cruise control.

My daily work steed is a fleet spec Focus and it felt like a race car around corners after driving the Trax.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So the new Civic in the US comes with a 1.5T? Still a little under-powered for my liking. My buddy with a 2002 Honda Civic AT with 238,XXX miles just traded it in for a 2014 today. It just had its 3rd tranny.

The latest crop of small turbo motors actually have torque where it will get used, though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

CharlesM posted:

lol if you're never had an absolute moment of fear seeing a cat ready to pounce at you

Startling, but not nearly as scary as hearing mountain lions screaming in the distance when out in the middle of the woods.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

Can someone make sense of this for me?

The guy throwing the signs put the numbers on the wrong sides?

Edit: Or not. Iowa is apparently wacky.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 27, 2016

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Re: That Mitsubishi video - Today I learned "sex spec" is a thing. I guess that's the name for the early 2000s Fast and Furious looking douchebags?

What's fun is if you go back and re watch the first F&F movie it's funny how badly it has aged.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Nobody likes the tuna The Fast and the Furious here.
Yeah well I do. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

confonnit posted:

Ahh I love when the latent racism comes out in AI

There's a little yellow Camaro Mustang in all of our hearts.

Edit: gently caress, Rhyno is right.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 29, 2016

• Locked thread