Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You can choose between a new rule for the february thread! What will it be?
This poll is closed.
Don't diss the Creativision. Also "Cretinvision" will get wordfiltered to "I am an rear end in a top hat" 22 10.19%
If you talk about Papyrus you will need to refer him as Mr. Papyrus, unless the author changes the pronoun. 70 32.41%
Everyone who posts in pages before the third and after the second has to write I love videogames at least once and never talk about ponies. 77 35.65%
Do not attach pools to the thread. Pools divide the community in fatties and sportys and they are highly triggering. 47 21.76%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Downwell is the greatest thing that has happened to my computer since Binding of Isaac

Too bad playing the phone port is kinda janky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Don't forget Can of Worms.
I can't forget things the internet never told me about!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Can anyone recommend a decent PC controller? Rumble not required

Get an Xbox One controller, that way you won't have to worry about translating button prompts in your head.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, safe bet is an Xbox 360/One controller. Everything recognizes it and it works out of the box and doesn't have areolas instead of thumbsticks.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

The Kins posted:

Street Fighter V
SUPERHOT for PC

These are the ones I kind of care about, thanks for reminding me.

Also a cheapo logitech controller gets the job done, if they still make the F310 it's the best option you can get priced less than the PS4/Xbone controllers.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
xcom 2 and fire emblem this month

get excite

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Should I get excite for Fates if I thought Awakening was actually kind of bad once the novelty wore off? I heard one version of the game is for people who liked the older games, but I don't know how much of that is true or if it's just marketing fluff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you have the original version of Dying Light you still get all the improvements from the new one right? Just not all the DLC stuff?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's improvements?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sakurazuka posted:

If you have the original version of Dying Light you still get all the improvements from the new one right? Just not all the DLC stuff?

That's what they've said.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe? I thought I heard someone say that but maybe not.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

There's improvements?

They're basically relaunching the game as "Dying Light: Enhanced Edition" because they made a bunch of changes to the game engine when they were making the new DLC stuff. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you have to get all the DLC to get the enhancements.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

There's improvements?
They announced an "Enhanced Edition" patch that adds the following:

quote:

Nightmare difficulty setting
Legend system
Bounties system
New Parkour moves
New enemy attacks and behaviours
Enhanced facial expressions
New NPC models
Improved human enemy AI
Improved volatile AI
Greater firearm variety
HUD and video filter customisations
Audio upgrades
Gameplay quality improvements
Console performance upgrades
Overall game look and feel improvements
#DrinkForDLC Content

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you have to get all the DLC to get the enhancements.

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/692749677410795520

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Not a Children posted:

Downwell is the greatest thing that has happened to my computer since Binding of Isaac

Too bad playing the phone port is kinda janky.

I've had good luck with the phone port on Android, but I agree that the PC version is just more comfortable overall. It's a crazy good game and I'm surprised I don't see more people talking about it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Geight posted:

Should I get excite for Fates if I thought Awakening was actually kind of bad once the novelty wore off? I heard one version of the game is for people who liked the older games, but I don't know how much of that is true or if it's just marketing fluff.

Conquest has more complex map and objective design, yes.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Geight posted:

It's true, the Conquest version is in line with the older games.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I haven't been able to enjoy a tacRPG ever since the world got strangely inundated with them around the GBA era.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Kins posted:

They announced an "Enhanced Edition" patch that adds the following:

I don't see a fix for the horrible boring cliched story in there...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

I don't see a fix for the horrible boring cliched story in there...

Uh oh, a videogame has a dumb story....

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"My game about killing zombies with flying dropkicks doesn't have a good enough story :cry:"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

I haven't been able to enjoy a tacRPG ever since the world got strangely inundated with them around the GBA era.

Have there been any great ones recently?

I'm in a similar boat. I loved FFTA as a kid, though I gather it's looked upon poorly by a lot of people.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FanaticalMilk posted:

Get an Xbox One controller, that way you won't have to worry about translating button prompts in your head.

why would you have to translate anything when the buttons are in the same positions

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

"My game about killing zombies with flying dropkicks doesn't have a good enough story :cry:"

My standards are very low for video game stories, but Dying Light's is just horrendous. And the sad part is they clearly spent an awful lot of time on it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im holding a ds4 and its saying A??? there's no a button. wtf sony. mods?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I guess both controllers having a blue X but having them in different positions would be confusing if you've never played a video game before.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Have there been any great ones recently?

I'm in a similar boat. I loved FFTA as a kid, though I gather it's looked upon poorly by a lot of people.

uhh i dunno who you've been talking to but ffta is really good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Isn't that the one where a real life kid gets transported to the world of FF tactics?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that the one where a real life kid gets transported to the world of FF tactics?

No, he's an anime kid but otherwise yes

e: Also his anime kid friends

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Motto posted:

Conquest has more complex map and objective design, yes.

Scrap Dragon posted:

It's true, the Conquest version is in line with the older games.

Word, maybe I'll check it out if XCOM 2 somehow doesn't fill my desire for stressful tactics games. I didn't like that Awakening had such boring design in terms of maps and objectives, especially since the difficulty options left no middle ground between "no effort" and "restart the first level so the boss doesn't have a thing that will oneshot you"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Manky posted:

No, he's an anime kid but otherwise yes

e: Also his anime kid friends

I have no strong feelings about that but it sure is a strange direction for a sequel.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

im holding a ds4 and its saying A??? there's no a button. wtf sony. mods?

Quiet areola toucher. You reap what you sew

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

I have no strong feelings about that but it sure is a strange direction for a sequel.

Good game though.

Tangentially, I got FFT War of the Lions for android and the touchscreen controls just feel awful to me :(

e: VVVVV didn't experience any of that but I only played for about an hour (e.g. watched a lot of cutscenes, got one actual battle in)

Manky fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 1, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manky posted:

Good game though.

Tangentially, I got FFT War of the Lions for android and the touchscreen controls just feel awful to me :(

Does that version have the insane slow down the psp one has?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Looper posted:

uhh i dunno who you've been talking to but ffta is really good

I think it's a combination of the simpler battles compared to the original tactics, the humbler story, the judge system, and a lot of people just liking FFTA2 more. But I think I actually prefer the smaller scale skirmishes, and though the story is nothing remarkable I at least found it memorable. Otoh, I have no idea what happens in FFTA2 despite playing it years later. It was, what, another guy gets mysteriously transported to FF world, and... does stuff? Honestly can't remember.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Does that version have the insane slow down the psp one has?

Not unless your tablet/phone is like four years old

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Quiet areola toucher. You reap what you sew
Sow. And I'm not talking about your mother.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I like the DS4 more than the 360 / One controllers but DS4Windows just loves to freak out once in a while

Wish DS4 support would be more native :(

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Wish DS4 support would be more native :(

You and I both know that will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
DS4 is a nice controller but it feels a little flimsy for certain games. Rocket League in particular is much easier for me with a 360 controller.

• Locked thread