Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
It's Charles Darwin's birthday today!

Also, behold the PENULTIMATE episode of DANGEROUS IMAGE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Carnival Season in New Orleans is a difficult time to get anything accomplished, but I finally had the energy to finish my V-day card painting. Just gotta spray it with fixative and mount it.

If this doesn't win the affections of my valentine, nothing will and she's dead inside :v:

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Galapagos finches for Darwin Day.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
This is the best crocodile in space I've ever drawn.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Sketched somebody's paladin concept.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
THE FINAL PAGE. It's been a rollercoaster.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Oh gods Bob, if you wanted to keep her why were you such a loving dick? Mark's no better. "I'll make you love me" god what a creep. She'd be better off alone, she doesn't even know if she loves him. :colbert:
I have emotions about the lovely plot.

I made more valentines. Cat peeps don't get a choice:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Oh gods Bob, if you wanted to keep her why were you such a loving dick? Mark's no better. "I'll make you love me" god what a creep. She'd be better off alone, she doesn't even know if she loves him. :colbert:
I have emotions about the lovely plot.

I know! When I started it I only got as far as reading to Hotdog Hat guy and got drawing. They are all reprehensible in their own way. Beth flip-flops like a dying fish. I bet Anna was just hosed off with having to put up with Beth being all goody-goody. Quite why she went on to marry Bob and have a kid with him when she didn't even like him is playing a very long game of 'gently caress YOU BETH'

Maybe Bob was lactose intolerant and didn't know it. After all, it was the Eighties. Bob left holding the baby too. :/ The whole sorry saga is here- http://imgur.com/a/RpvfA

I will be doing more of these, they are fun, and especially when I'm not really paying attention to the plot either.

Have a bonus VALENTINE BEEFCAKE!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

I made a painting. It's been like 2 years at least since I used oils. They're super fun to work with though. This was about 10 hours of painting. Unfortunately it's really hard to capture how vibrant it is in real life.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Nothing space-y but drawing something is better than not drawing something.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Everything's in space. Also your linework is really solid. Super detailed illustrations like that confound me, I don't generally have the patience to do them. Then again that's not really the aesthetic I go for either, I generally prefer hatching and copious use of contour lines... Which is also insanely time consuming.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Yesterday's drawing. I was working on atmospheric perspective, but still need more work.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

This is late but I meant to tell you how much I always appreciate labias in space and the incredible dildo-rocket.

I want to believe

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

This is late but I meant to tell you how much I always appreciate labias in space and the incredible dildo-rocket.

Rockets are pretty phallic even when they aren't on a collision course with vaginas IN SPAAAAAACE!!!!

I'm kidding of course. It missed by a million miles and exploded all over a nearby asteroid.

It's important to have stories for your art people.

<edit>
Today's stuff:

rzal fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 15, 2016

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Just some digital sketches today.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Had a super productive day today. Stretched and started priming 3 canvases. Fixed an old collage that was delaminating. Drew this quick composition sketch for an upcoming piece. Sorry for the somewhat crappy picture quality, I was in a bar with lovely light hiding out until the rain subsided.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I have re-imagined the dwarves so that now they are in space.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Some doodles from me, be gentle this is my first time here :

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I dropped off the radar the last few days, but I have kept up the cattoes!

This is my little muse, Mrs. Fenchurch. I can't believe I haven't drawn her yet. Thought I'd do a serious painting.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I went to life drawing today for the first time in forever. One of these drawings is not from a live model, can you figure out which one?

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

haven't posted here in ages, but I spent a while cleaning up my photoshop tools and thought it would be nice to share :]

[link]

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

I was having a hard time finishing a painting and saw how beautiful this is and put a purple sky in mine as well. If this was rude please tell me, I'm very new to this.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

I saw the Deadpool movie and it was great.

Unrelated daily sketch.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

buffybot posted:

I was having a hard time finishing a painting and saw how beautiful this is and put a purple sky in mine as well. If this was rude please tell me, I'm very new to this.

This is beautiful!

A Baphoyogi. I ended up going with "pink and gently caress it" for the background.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

buffybot posted:

I don't own the copyright to the color purple it's okay dude

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

space

and misc

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

_jink posted:

haven't posted here in ages, but I spent a while cleaning up my photoshop tools and thought it would be nice to share :]

[link]

I have a question. On those spheres used for the color dodge brushes, how do you get those neat square brush strokes. Are you using a square texture brush?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Gave myself a crash course in acrylics this morning before work. More or less figured them out. The working time leaves a bit to be desired and I need to work on blending my highlights, but they're stupid fast to work with, so I should be able to knock stuff out super quick. I'll have to play with mediums to see if I can get them to pop like oils do, they seem a bit dull overall.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I have a question. On those spheres used for the color dodge brushes, how do you get those neat square brush strokes. Are you using a square texture brush?

yep that's the chalk brush. It's not quite square, but has two hard edges that give it that look. If you want a really square texture brush you can get one here (it's a brush, not a preset, and I forgot to add it to my upload :doh:)

HOOF

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

I love little hooffeet like that so much it is adorable and so is that lighting too drat. The textures are so nice and gritty too.

Aaaaah it's so adorable! I love how you've got those gentle tones of colour to define the face it's so subtle and lovely.

Oh hey I tried again with the dwarves.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Did a value study.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

dog nougat posted:

Did a value study.

How many pigerrpillars have you drawn/painted now?

I bent the birb. I'm a birbender. Are birds an element?

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

gmc9987 posted:

I went to life drawing today for the first time in forever. One of these drawings is not from a live model, can you figure out which one?

Cool i like the lively pen lines, gives some neat energy to a seated pose. Your other ones are good too I just liked this one in particular.

Here's some life drawing of my own from the past few weeks. I wish I still had a scanner.

messing around with a boring pose

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sharpest Crayon posted:

How many pigerrpillars have you drawn/painted now?

I bent the birb. I'm a birbender. Are birds an element?

Uhhh. It's larvae pig tyvm. The answer is always not enough. Within the past month? I'd say at least 5, number 6 is in the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

thank you sharp crayon ╰(◕ᗜ◕)╯ hoof and horn are my weakness

today: elf

• Locked thread