Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Those pig larvae are adorable as hell.

Sorry about all the nude goatmen, been on an occult art kick.

E: Bastet; her head may be a bit too small? fixed

Scathach fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I bought some colored pens so now I need to figure out what to do with them.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Been busy. Everyone's doodles are looking good.

<sketch dump>

</sketch dump>

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D
Ryu. In Spaaaaacceee!

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Scathach posted:

E: Bastet; her head may be a bit too small?

Had you made it after any other cat breed, I think it would look small, but it's in perfect proportion for an exotic head. I love them for their small heads and long lean bodies and odd proportions and ahhhh I want a kitty and I don't know if people who are not cat connoisseurs would think otherwise on the head/body ratio.
Also never apologize for posting all the goatdick. Goats are cool and so is Satan.

Humboldt Squid posted:

This turned out great! So pretty

I thought it would be a drat shame to be all-in for a space month without at least one Doctor.

MODEDIT: edit is not quote, sorry :(

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 23, 2016

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

Scathach posted:

This is beautiful!
Thank you!

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Aaaaah it's so adorable! I love how you've got those gentle tones of colour to define the face it's so subtle and lovely.
Thank you as well!

I hope fan art is okay to post in here. I spent the last few days working on this and while I'm mostly happy with the individual elements, it doesn't feel cohesive at all. The galaxy in particular feels out of place but it looks too empty if I take it out. I can't decide if I should be adding more background elements or taking some out.

Master of Stealth
Oct 12, 2012
I tried out ink washes the other day. I don't know what I'm doing, but it's pretty fun.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
No larvae pigs... Yet. Currently in crunch/stay up all night working on poo poo for my show Friday. I need to not procrastinate.

Working on this today. Skydiving hotdog.

I messed up the head, so I decided to use color to fix it and paint over the problem areas.

This is the result.

It's super close to being finished, just gotta paint the drool, mouth, and tongue. Then touch up my lines and add some hatching/shading. I severely underestimated how difficult a large piece is, it's 3'x3'. Luckily I mixed enough blue to get the background good enough. I'd prefer if it was truly solid, but I'm not about to attempt to color match and potentially gently caress it up.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Sharpest Crayon posted:

This turned out great! So pretty

Thanks!
Here's the final. Pterosaur ptuesday Pterodaustro

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Wheee, portraits!

Reene fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Feb 23, 2016

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finished this thing.

Skydiving hotdog. 3'x3' acrylic on canvas.

Edit:

Bonus detail shot of the face.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 23, 2016

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finished another piece.

"Eat poo poo". 18" x 24". Acrylic on canvas

The stupid camera on my phone can't capture how vibrant this piece is.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Two funny frogs. Still have to make decisions about what the sad frog king is sitting on, and about the sky behind him.
He needs to be textured with a million dots and bumps still, too.

My wife and I decided that the most eco-friendly lighting is to make a mirror suit for our cat, who always lays in sunbeams.
Then I thought about a cat with mirror armor, and how it could fight enemies who had laser guns.
Then it looked like a medieval saint cat, so I gave it a halo. I don't know how to shade anything.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

I love his dopey land before time style expression.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Had you made it after any other cat breed, I think it would look small, but it's in perfect proportion for an exotic head. I love them for their small heads and long lean bodies and odd proportions and ahhhh I want a kitty and I don't know if people who are not cat connoisseurs would think otherwise on the head/body ratio.
Also never apologize for posting all the goatdick. Goats are cool and so is Satan.

Thanks for the input! I changed it a slight bit, because it was bugging the hell out of me, but not a lot because I agree with you on the breed. Glad the goat dick and such is cool here :)

Shapeshifters can have as many hands as they damned well want:

Scathach fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 24, 2016

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
No larvae pigs, but rather a beautiful and majestic butterfly pig. Just a rough pencil sketch on a canvas so I can wake up and drop paint onto the canvas.

Really wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, I'd much rather paint this. I should be able to knock it out by Thursday morning though.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

dog nougat posted:

No larvae pigs, but rather a beautiful and majestic butterfly pig. Just a rough pencil sketch on a canvas so I can wake up and drop paint onto the canvas.

Really wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, I'd much rather paint this. I should be able to knock it out by Thursday morning though.

I like this idea, and the body and legs are looking really great. I think you might benefit from checking the perspective of the wings though. The near one would be angling towards the viewer. Something like this maybe: http://fohn.net/monarch-butterfly-pictures/page5.html

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah I'll try to sort it out when I get to painting that portion of it. But I have to finish this tonight. It's a really weird perspective to draw a basically flat object from. Once I throw color and a pattern on there it should be less noticeable as well.

Making progress. I'm still not a huge fan of acrylics but I'm sorta figuring them out, working in layers seems to be the key.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

I did an hour long class mode on pixellovely. Here was the final 30 minute sketch.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

A couple of characters from my head.

... and some random portraits of real people.

One last one from a few hours ago.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 25, 2016

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

playing with some new brushes

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I keep forgetting to post here but I am still at the cats!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Rondette posted:

I keep forgetting to post here but I am still at the cats!

These are hella cute!

Finished my butterfly pig painting

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks! Here is today's.....SpaceCat was a TestPilotCat before getting the call from NASA

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Rondette posted:

Thanks! Here is today's.....SpaceCat was a TestPilotCat before getting the call from NASA

The variety of styles of your cats is impressive. I can't pick a favourite!

The plane has mouse insignia on the wings!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I've been drawing presidents this week.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

All the paintings you guys do are great, it's nice seeing stuff painted because I know it's a pain in the rear end.

Holy god I broke my tablet charger

Scathach fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 26, 2016

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

buffybot posted:

I hope fan art is okay to post in here. I spent the last few days working on this and while I'm mostly happy with the individual elements, it doesn't feel cohesive at all. The galaxy in particular feels out of place but it looks too empty if I take it out. I can't decide if I should be adding more background elements or taking some out.

I know this was a while back, but I think your problem is that the main space-eaters in the pic is are a transparent blobghost and a smudgy human, while you've got very finely detailed elements like the annoying dog (woof woof cute little buddy) surrounding them. Adding definition or even just amping up the contrast on your biggest elements would help balance it out. Napstablook's design IS simple, but you could maybe add his headphones if you need to give him detail? For Frisk, maybe work more detail into the hair? Although I'd be tempted to rethink the composition altogether, Napstablooks eyes are in the middle and draw you to look at what he's looking at, which pushes the eyes to Mettatron, but means you gotta take a roundabout to reach what's behind him.

I made a galaxy insane

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I know this was a while back, but I think your problem is that the main space-eaters in the pic is are a transparent blobghost and a smudgy human, while you've got very finely detailed elements like the annoying dog (woof woof cute little buddy) surrounding them. Adding definition or even just amping up the contrast on your biggest elements would help balance it out. Napstablook's design IS simple, but you could maybe add his headphones if you need to give him detail? For Frisk, maybe work more detail into the hair? Although I'd be tempted to rethink the composition altogether, Napstablooks eyes are in the middle and draw you to look at what he's looking at, which pushes the eyes to Mettatron, but means you gotta take a roundabout to reach what's behind him.

I made a galaxy insane

Thank you for your feedback and critique. You're definitely right about the relative lack of detail on Blook and Frisk as well as the problem with the placement of the different elements. I was also aiming for whimsical, which didn't quite happen. I think I'm going to give this another shot.

I like your crazy galaxy. It reminds me of the hellhound from Hellsing.

Master of Stealth posted:

I tried out ink washes the other day. I don't know what I'm doing, but it's pretty fun.

This is really cool. I love how simple it is. I would love to see where you go with this.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I signed up for some comics course online (it's free!) and while I don't think it is going to teach me anything really revolutionary, the assignments will be good practice and learning experiences. This one was to create a 2-page autobiographical comic using the panel templates provided by the instructor.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Elves iiiin ...uh .. the futuuureeee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

gmc9987 posted:

I signed up for some comics course online (it's free!) and while I don't think it is going to teach me anything really revolutionary, the assignments will be good practice and learning experiences. This one was to create a 2-page autobiographical comic using the panel templates provided by the instructor.

This is cute and I like it.

Here's some really rough sketches of some poo poo I'm working on. Kinda minimal ratfink type poo poo.

Edit: I like the space/sci-fi direction more than the ww2 style. There's more room for wacky silliness.

• Locked thread