Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ya we know autism is heritable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Trump FTW

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I'm voting trump because he seems like a real dude who u could really sit back and sip a real beer with and talk about Pussy with

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

GORDON posted:

Barrack "The Real Deal" Obama ended up being a company man just like all the rest of them, and you think Al "Skim Milk" Gore would have been any different. THIS is what is wrong with America... no long term memory.

If nothing else I doubt Gore would have invaded Iraq. That dumpster fire was dreamed up by a couple of dudes who used to run with the chimperors daddy. Was so left field that there is no reason to think Gore would have

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Who would you rather him vote for? Hillary? Hillary who is the epitome of the career politician and business as usual in Washington.

The establishment (on both sides) hate Trump which is a obviously good thing. And yeah Trump is rich, but at least he didn't have to take a billion+ dollars in bribe money donations like our last president did or like the other candidates will.

And TBH I don't think Trump is actually good, but part of me wants him to win as a gently caress you to Washington and because no other candidate is good either.

Sophy Wackles has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Feb 1, 2016

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Berious posted:

If nothing else I doubt Gore would have invaded Iraq. That dumpster fire was dreamed up by a couple of dudes who used to run with the chimperors daddy. Was so left field that there is no reason to think Gore would have

Joe Lieberman was Gore's running mate. I have to believe that by 2004, Gore would have broken with tradition of the last 35 years and chosen a different VP. Lieberman is a turncoat war mongering retard who probably would have talked of Iraq and the rest of the middle east while Gore tried to keep people focused on Afghanistan and catching Bin Laden. Maybe Lieberman will be Trump's running mate what with the shared hatred of muslims.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Prorat posted:

Avoiding the debate has won him nomination, do some research dumbass

ability to get people to vote for you != ability to run the country unfortunately so idk what point you're making there

City of Tampa posted:

Al Jazeera would have done 1000% better if they had come up with a new name that didn't sound like an offshoot of the taliban

and yeah lol idk what they were thinking with that one

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
We all have this dad.

Dad is just dad.

He sends those condescending emails saying that the older generation will take care of the younger folks who don't know what they're doing. They'll fix everything Obama broke so our future will be preserved.

I just reply back saying I can't wait for Trumps free health care because Obama only went half way.

I am sure he is smashing his keyboard as I type.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SweetKarma posted:

I don't think it's a generational thing. We live in an oligarchy where the wealthy control everything. Usually the ultra rich buy politicians and pay the media to further their agenda, but Donald Trump has stepped outside those boundaries. Even Fox News doesn't know how to handle him. He didn't even attend the last Republican debate. He's become so powerful that he's been able to distance himself from mainstream media. It's a scary thing when somebody as rich and powerful as he is can't even be controlled by the very thing that created him. It's the political equivalent of Shelley's Frankenstein.

Frankenstein is the doctor not the monster.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Just sigh and tell him you're not angry, just disappointed. Then put him in a nursing home when he's old enough.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

poorlifedecision posted:

Just sigh and tell him you're not angry, just disappointed. Then put him in a nursing home when he's old enough.

Lol under Obamacare nursing homes are like $8000 a month. It's cheaper to live in Manhattan.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Berious posted:

gore would've invaded the gently caress out of Afghanistan and probably elsewhere too

election 2000 Gore was not the "An Inconvenient Truth" version of Al Gore that we like now. He was running to the right of the original blue dog President, and emphasizing how he was a southern christian governor. Look at who he picked for VP.

The guy was a mild Republican and that's why Nader got so much traction.

Watch closely because Hillary is going to do the same thing 16 years later; run to the right of a two-term Democratic President, her opponent will be somebody that nobody takes seriously, she's going to think that she needs to pull hard(er) right in the general election, and it's going to end up causing Trump to win when the left abandons her. She's already starting with the "we will never ever have single payer" poo poo as if she doesn't need Bernie supporters at all.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Frankenstein is the doctor not the monster.

It's Shelley's Dr. Frankenstein's Monster

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you think illegals are only just taking these jobs you are woefully uninformed. Also many of the illegals are not even mexican.

Did the sarcasm go over your head?

Tony Homo has issued a correction as of 19:49 on Feb 1, 2016

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
I don't know much about Trump's policies since I've only seen him speak in rhetorical, emotional terms. I have no idea, for example, what the actual mechanics of his universal health care plan might be, and the stuff he's said about tax reform doesn't add up or make fiscal sense. He might have good, sound solutions--I just don't know.

However, I am aware of several Trump supporters that like his anti-brown person positions. They are basically enthusiastic about him because of racism and nationalism, and that makes me think of another infamous person from the last hundred years.

Love,
Vitalis

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Dude, he's nothing like Malcom X. Give it a rest.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

BigBoss posted:

Dude, he's nothing like Malcom X. Give it a rest.

Yeah he's better than Malcom X.

Especially since Trump's VP pick is looking like it's going to be Theodore Kek an egyptian american who has served 4 tours of Iraq and 3 in Afganistan. A very good pick IMO.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

BigBoss posted:

Lol under Obamacare nursing homes are like $8000 a month. It's cheaper to live in Manhattan.

Obamacare was created with the idea that young, healthy people would subsidize the sick, old people. Surprise! Young, healthy people aren't signing up for it.

Obamacare is a disaster. Let's give health insurance with deductibles that make it unusable!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

eric posted:

Obamacare was created with the idea that young, healthy people would subsidize the sick, old people. Surprise! Young, healthy people aren't signing up for it.

Obamacare is a disaster. Let's give health insurance with deductibles that make it unusable!

no actually young people love being told that they have to pay up to 10% of their meager incomes to the insurance cartel in exchange for a scam insurance product that is basically unusable for 99% of people that have it because of the insane deducible

Everything is great, Obama was great + gun control + gently caress you hippie liberals = Hillary 2016

fast forward to November wait how did Trump get elected? OMG

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The feds are going to arrest that dumb hick New York senator who's from Arkansas.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
The leading candidate among Republican Muslim voters is ... Donald Trump.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/muslim-voters-2016/458691/

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sincx posted:

This just shows that rich people will always hate their poorer own kind.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sincx posted:

all three of them

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

jBrereton posted:

Not sure if this is a joke post, but that's Ted Cruz' own daughter being held by a campaign staffer.

Oops I thought it was the ol "kissing babies" routine

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Prorat posted:

This just shows that rich people will always hate their poorer own kind.

In the case of muslims it's been going on for hundreds of years.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this thread is poo poo

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
a member of the Saudi royal family owns a chunk of Fox News, makes sense

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'll probably vote for Trump too. Sanders just wants even more of my money than Obummer to give away.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
My penis feels especially powerful when clothed in my Donald Trump slacks

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
the thing is that the media has successfully brainwashed people into thinking the rich got to where they are through hard work and being exactly like you and me, and try to sell everyone else on the idea that they too can be rich, spinning the left's 'we need to tax the rich' as something hanging over the heads of people who will never be wealthy

it doesn't matter that donald trump is the epitome of capitalist oligarchy because to the average person, he's just like them, it's just their day hasn't come yet, but it will, one day, any day now i'll strike it rich and i don't want all my actual hard work to be devalued

you need to sit down with him and explain how no, actually the rich are basically medieval nobility and everyone else is the peasants and no matter how hard you try you'll never be them because of your peasant blood, but that's okay because the rich are all jerks constantly blowing each other off and running a national-scale ponzi scheme, and we'd all actually be a lot better off if every one of them went into bankruptcy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Four more years of Washington doing basically nothing because nobody wants to bear the campaign-destroying humiliation of working with the President sounds a lot better than four years of tightly-run, efficient star chambers and concentration camps tbqh

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
OP you claim trump "hasn't worked a day in his life"

What do you do for a living?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

when elected Trump will use his billions to make anime real, but only for those who believe in him

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gyra_Solune posted:

the thing is that the media has successfully brainwashed people into thinking the rich got to where they are through hard work and being exactly like you and me, and try to sell everyone else on the idea that they too can be rich, spinning the left's 'we need to tax the rich' as something hanging over the heads of people who will never be wealthy

it doesn't matter that donald trump is the epitome of capitalist oligarchy because to the average person, he's just like them, it's just their day hasn't come yet, but it will, one day, any day now i'll strike it rich and i don't want all my actual hard work to be devalued

you need to sit down with him and explain how no, actually the rich are basically medieval nobility and everyone else is the peasants and no matter how hard you try you'll never be them because of your peasant blood, but that's okay because the rich are all jerks constantly blowing each other off and running a national-scale ponzi scheme, and we'd all actually be a lot better off if every one of them went into bankruptcy

I'm rich, at least I'm thinking I am. I paid my own college, with a loan for half of it from my dad. Is he the oligarchy?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
And my conservative idiot dad is voting for the sleepy black man, I started a thread about it in the correct forum for politics. Pffft

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i'm looking forward to trump getting elected. sometimes people need a reset, to let them remember just how bad things can still be, to shake them from spending all day deadlocked furiously debating safe trivialities and really get them collaborating together to solve problems. he's like godzilla or a martian invasion.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

chaosbreather posted:

i'm looking forward to trump getting elected. sometimes people need a reset, to let them remember just how bad things can still be, to shake them from spending all day deadlocked furiously debating safe trivialities and really get them collaborating together to solve problems. he's like godzilla or a martian invasion.

I agree with everything but the pop culture ref. He will be impeached within 6 months though.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

He will be impeached within 6 months though.

Whatcha bettin on?

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
OP gently caress you if you're a gibbis regular and you're not absolutely jazzed about the coming Trump presidency then I don't know what to tell you you should be ashamed of yourself you are not your fathers son. pour one out for the OP because his balls never descended. Trump 2016.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A sure thing

• Locked thread