Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Conscript is gone, so I will enjoy this set more by default. They seem to be pushing really hard for mill decks in limited again. I remember not really having an issue with them because they seemed rarely effective, but I'm not so sure this time.

It's also pretty obvious they are trying to slow limited down again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

I've missed the last couple of sets completely. Magic is entering a small-set which tends to throw the limited environment off so the timing is great for this.

I just finished reading through the whole spoiler. Yeah, it seems like Sapphire in particular is pretty heavy on the mill theme - however several of the cards are Punisher style choices for your opponent which seems just terrible. loving Boulder Brute is back - I still have PTSD from Spellshield Boulder Brute from set 1.

Interested to see how Fateweave plays out. Seems really powerful. Gladiator looks like straight upside, I dig it. Frostform seems pretty good, I assume everything comes in as an X/1? The Deploys seem strong and look like they will have good tension between frostforming or not. Illuminate... seems good? Most of the cards that have it tacked on seem like they are good value even if you only ever get a 1/1 out of the deal, and a dedicated Illuminate deck can probably get rolling.

There's definitely a transform subtheme in Wild/Sapphire. Also not sure how that will play out.

Favorite common from viewing the whole spoiler: Battle of Destiny. A one sided fight + fateweave? Sign me right up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Is anyone else noticing a vast performance increase with this last patch? It is way way better on my older laptop.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Papa Goot should probably not be a champion in a limited format that has zero common constant removal and very little outside of that. It turns Twilight Eclipse into a bomb that you basically cannot interact with which is really silly for an uncommon.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

So the only format I "enjoyed" after them switching to async draft was Evo and it's completely ruined with set 7 in my opinion. There's so much shard fixing and trash artifacts that it's extremely difficult to make even an average Evo pool... especially when taking into consideration the trash cards in each shard. Like there seems to be 1-2 total playable common artifacts, maybe 2-3 if you are in the right shards.

So why not go tri-shard with all that fixing you might ask? As someone whose losses are 30% due to screw/flood, the last thing I want to do is ever play with a third shard even with all of the fixing in the world. I would play mono shard in every single format if possible.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hex coming to PS4 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjpucWo2WM

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

I guess that's maybe a good sign?

I haven't been keeping up with it, but does anyone know if they have said anything about when they're expecting to do the next PvE release?

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Presumably it's next up on the block, as they'd said two PVP sets followed by the AZ3 release. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about it until September though and it's probably safe to presume an October / November release.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The rabbit race really turned me off this game. The art design in general is really weird. And I paid like 90 dollars for the kickstarter.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Apparently if you haven't logged in since Hex split from Gameforge your collections might be at risk and you need to log in and accept the new terms by the 11th.

Speaking of, if anyone is interested in selling their collection you can pm me an up to date hex.tcgbrowser link and I might be able to make an offer. On average I am usually able to beat Hexprimals offers.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

katkillad2 posted:

Apparently if you haven't logged in since Hex split from Gameforge your collections might be at risk and you need to log in and accept the new terms by the 11th.

Speaking of, if anyone is interested in selling their collection you can pm me an up to date hex.tcgbrowser link and I might be able to make an offer. On average I am usually able to beat Hexprimals offers.

Thanks for the heads' up. How is the game these days?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Thanks for the heads' up. How is the game these days?

There are cash prize constructed and sealed tournaments every weekend which is nice I guess, I personally don't like the payouts. They updated Frost Ring Arena at some point. Draft's firing and waiting for opponents feel like it's at an all time low however. Sometimes I have to wait an hour+ for a 2-0 draft match. It's not been uncommon that I wait 20-30 minutes to find a 1-0 opponent.

I wasn't going to risk buying more collections, but since they announced the game is coming to PS4 I figure it's safe for at least one more set.

Oh also, If you have a PS4 and are a PS+ subscriber, apparently you get a free Evo code per month when the game launches. The TLDR on the PS4 release is your collection doesn't carry over, no mail at launch and auction house use sounds limited to "quick buy/sell" options. Sony has it listed for the 19th of this month for release date.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 7, 2017

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Just pushing this back to the front to remind everyone that today is doomsday for any accounts that haven't been switched out of Germany. If you don't care enough about your account to do so, you should totally give it to me instead. If you do care about your account, follow the steps here: https://www.hextcg.com/important-gf-account-transfer/

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Oh for gently caress's sake. What possible excuse can there be for not only failing to migrate me automatically like any other MMO would have done, but also failing to contact me in any way beyond a loving Kickstarter update with three days' notice. That's pathetic. And now after having downloaded 3GB of files and found out my login does indeed not work, I have to set up their loving support portal. No, really, I didn't have any other plans for this evening. You go ahead and ruin it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. What possible excuse can there be for not only failing to migrate me automatically like any other MMO would have done, but also failing to contact me in any way beyond a loving Kickstarter update with three days' notice. That's pathetic. And now after having downloaded 3GB of files and found out my login does indeed not work, I have to set up their loving support portal. No, really, I didn't have any other plans for this evening. You go ahead and ruin it.

There are legal reasons they couldn't.

I feel like I had known about this for way longer than 3 days, but you are still probably right about more notice being necessary. This is the kind of thing that should have been spammed early and often.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

There are legal reasons they couldn't.

I feel like I had known about this for way longer than 3 days, but you are still probably right about more notice being necessary. This is the kind of thing that should have been spammed early and often.

I thought they sent out a bunch of emails and poo poo back when it was first announced?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Wallet posted:

I thought they sent out a bunch of emails and poo poo back when it was first announced?

Searching my email inbox, I got a notice in February, but didn't bother to read it. It just said something like "we're switching publishers", when it should've been "MIGRATE YOUR ACCOUNT ASAP OR YOU'LL LOSE IT! PAY ATTENTION MORON!"

As it is, they say they managed to migrate my account manually but I still can't login to their new servers

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Here's the email from February, I must have skimmed it at best and doesn't say anything about time limits to login, it just says it's very easy to do (unless it doesn't work)

CHANGE OF PUBLISHER!
Dear player,

Gameforge and HEX Entertainment announce today a publishing change for their critically acclaimed game - HEX: Shards of Fate. Gameforge and HEX Entertainment have come to a mutual agreement where HEX Entertainment will again be responsible for publishing the game in addition to the development. HEX Entertainment is assuming full responsibility and control over all operational procedures from Gameforge, including community management, customer support, promotion, sales, marketing, and other live operational duties.

This process will not have any impact on the game itself, character progress, items, or the delivery of new content; both HEX Entertainment and Gameforge will do their utmost to ensure that the transition will be as seamless as possible and without interruption of service. In order to have your account migrated, just log into HEX as usual and it'll guide you through the simple transition - it's only a matter of 2 clicks.

Gameforge would like to sincerely thank the players for their tremendous support throughout the past years, and looks forward to seeing the HEX community grow even greater as the game continues moving forward through 2017 and beyond.

Hex Entertainment is excited about the future of HEX: Shards of Fate and enthusiastic about the many new features we have in store for the game.

See you ingame,
HEX Entertainment and Gameforge

Edit: I think I kickstarted this in 2013. It's 2017 and I still haven't really played the game

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Edit: I think I kickstarted this in 2013. It's 2017 and I still haven't really played the game
:same:

Some kickstarter projects are so chatty I have a filter set to put the emails in a separate folder unless it includes the word "ship". Which doesn't help with digital only things I guess.

Though it seems they did notify everyone with a single email from their own servers in Feb (which I also ignored). And then not a peep until the 8th.

I'm honestly not super broken up about this, as obviously I haven't really been paying attention to the game. Mostly just kind of incredulous at how it's been handled. We'll see if the support ticket I put in goes anywhere.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I guess put me on the list of people who lost their collections, but now that i'm going through old emails, did I actually lose it May 2016 when they first switched servers?

PvE never really got off the ground it seems, that was pretty much my whole reason for backing in the first place. Oh well.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Spectral Werewolf posted:

I guess put me on the list of people who lost their collections, but now that i'm going through old emails, did I actually lose it May 2016 when they first switched servers?

PvE never really got off the ground it seems, that was pretty much my whole reason for backing in the first place. Oh well.

Funny you say that, because I've really enjoyed the PvE so far. Problem is the content doesn't come out very rapidly, but it's not like I'm spending money in the lulls between.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

Oh also, If you have a PS4 and are a PS+ subscriber, apparently you get a free Evo code per month when the game launches. The TLDR on the PS4 release is your collection doesn't carry over, no mail at launch and auction house use sounds limited to "quick buy/sell" options. Sony has it listed for the 19th of this month for release date.

Welp, that kills my interest in that version. Man, would it kill them to atleast pull a smite where they'll copy your account over once for a limited amount of time.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

DrManiac posted:

Welp, that kills my interest in that version. Man, would it kill them to atleast pull a smite where they'll copy your account over once for a limited amount of time.

It sounds like maybe that's possible, a one time account transfer if you contact support. I'm not interested in doing that so I haven't looked into it. Also the new new release date is Oct 10th.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DrManiac posted:

They can't even get your account set up on Steam if you missed the window for that.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The support guys recovered my account , for what it's worth. I have a lot of unopened packs and stuff, maybe I'll sell this

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

New draft format: https://www.hextcg.com/introducing-kismets-draft/

Also PS4 release got pushed back again, new date is Oct 17th.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
I should sell mine too. I backed at the Dungeon Crawler level, which I doubt is ever gonna be worthwhile.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

inklesspen posted:

I should sell mine too. I backed at the Dungeon Crawler level, which I doubt is ever gonna be worthwhile.

Dungeon Crawler was great for a while, then I think they started being dicks about what is and isn't a "boss" or whatever for double loot. Pretty sure at one point I was getting double rewards for the Gencon packs. Anyone who backed as a Raid Leader got super hosed though.

If anyone is interested in selling their collection you can message me a link to your hextcgbrowser info and a screenshot of your inventory. I usually beat Hexprimals offers and from what I've heard Battleshopper doesn't buy PVE cards, but feel free to check with them as well. I will probably be a little more conservative with offers since there's another rotation and this Kismet draft is killing prices. A lot of people who don't play and don't plan on playing have free money sitting on their accounts though.

To maybe entice people into looking into it, I've got a budget of about $800 I'm willing to spend on the right collection or collections.

All I ask is people be realistic about the worth of your collection. The value on hextcgbrowser is not accurate. When I made offers on the official forums, I don't anymore, I got called a lowballer because people don't understand those several hundred acorns you have in your +1million plat collection are inflating it's value.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 11, 2017

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011
Was looking through old emails and apparently I backed this and forgot about it but don't really have the time for a ccg. Are there any sites that buy lower end unredeemed kickstarter keys? Mine is a Knight level one which was the 60 tier I think.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

katkillad2 posted:

Dungeon Crawler was great for a while, then I think they started being dicks about what is and isn't a "boss" or whatever for double loot. Pretty sure at one point I was getting double rewards for the Gencon packs. Anyone who backed as a Raid Leader got super hosed though.

If anyone is interested in selling their collection you can message me a link to your hextcgbrowser info and a screenshot of your inventory. I usually beat Hexprimals offers and from what I've heard Battleshopper doesn't buy PVE cards, but feel free to check with them as well. I will probably be a little more conservative with offers since there's another rotation and this Kismet draft is killing prices. A lot of people who don't play and don't plan on playing have free money sitting on their accounts though.

To maybe entice people into looking into it, I've got a budget of about $800 I'm willing to spend on the right collection or collections.

All I ask is people be realistic about the worth of your collection. The value on hextcgbrowser is not accurate. When I made offers on the official forums, I don't anymore, I got called a lowballer because people don't understand those several hundred acorns you have in your +1million plat collection are inflating it's value.

Ok I think I figured this out? I don't have PMs so here:
https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/collection=27848

Inventory:
https://imgur.com/UAtM4jJ
https://imgur.com/C9xWnw2

I don't understand why the collection says 566 cards but inside the game it says I got 1,500 cards, maybe duplicates?

Anyway, let me know if this is worth anything, daddy needs the cash

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Ok I think I figured this out? I don't have PMs so here:
https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/collection=27848

Inventory:
https://imgur.com/UAtM4jJ
https://imgur.com/C9xWnw2

I don't understand why the collection says 566 cards but inside the game it says I got 1,500 cards, maybe duplicates?

Anyway, let me know if this is worth anything, daddy needs the cash

At some point they gave everyone a lot of free cards that aren't tradeable, so those will show up in your inventory but not on hex.tcgbrowser. I sent you a message through hex.tcgbrowser with an offer.

Tengama posted:

Was looking through old emails and apparently I backed this and forgot about it but don't really have the time for a ccg. Are there any sites that buy lower end unredeemed kickstarter keys? Mine is a Knight level one which was the 60 tier I think.

That's a few tiers away from being one of the more desirable ones, but having a kickstarter code allows you to have a 2nd account when they normally don't allow it. So it has that going for it, if you can find someone interested in getting a 2nd account that would be your best bet. I'm not sure if Hexprimal or Battleshopper buy codes. Not sure what it's worth, but I wouldn't take anything less than what it cost you.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Just wanted to comment that I sold my Hex stuff to Katkilla and got paid promptly and without problems, so in my experience a legit businessperson A+++ would back Kickstarter and sell 4 years later again

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Yeah, I don't have the time or ability to deal with it right now, but I need to liquidate as well. I'll probably hit you up when I do.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Just a reminder that PS4 launch is tomorrow, supposedly all PS+ subscribers get an evo ticket every month.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

https://www.hextcg.com/friday-update-dead-winter/

Set 8 name announced, spoiler season to start.

Might as well give my brief overview of the PS4 client. The controls are somewhat clunky, when trying to select a card on the field the majority of the time I target my opponents hero first. The new deck editor... maybe it will be better when it comes to PC? I find it pretty limiting and sluggish on PS4. I keep having people tell me that I can access the auction house to buy cards, I've looked for it three different times and still haven't found/figured it out. I'm going to suspect the vast majority of PS4 only players won't even know it exists, I guess until maybe when you get to rank 5 which I'm told allows you to sell cards on the auction house. So maybe at rank 5 there is a tutorial or text popup indicating so? I wouldn't know, because I don't want to grind against the AI to get to rank 5.

It's hard to figure out who the PS4 client is targeting. There is a forced tutorial, after that is over it appears the "goal" is to rank up on ranked constructed ladder which seems crazy to me considering the starting collections of PS4 users. Obviously, it's not going to be a fun time playing ranked constructed with the PS4 starting decks. Seems like at least initially they should have pushed the dueling pits at first.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Are players in the steam / pc universe playing vs / trading with the ps4 players or not>?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Are players in the steam / pc universe playing vs / trading with the ps4 players or not>?

They are playing against PS4 users, yes. There will be a little blue controller icon close to their name indicating so. They are trading in that supposedly PS4 users have access to the auction house in a limited way, some sort of quick buy/sell that I haven't figured out. There is no mail, supposedly coming later, or chat on PS4 so you can't trade directly with someone.

Edit: Also I forgot to comment that the default phase stops on the PS4 version, same with PC if I remember correctly, are terrible. I used my free EVO ticket on PS4 and the stop to allow me to use a quick action before or after blocking wasn't set. I'm very curious how many new players on both platforms were turned away not knowing how to fix their stops. Why they wouldn't err on the normal/safe side for phase stops makes no sense to me.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 21, 2017

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

I've started playing this on PS4 and liking it so far. I've installed the steam version as well - going to switch to that so i can play pve as well...

On the ps4 I have a red/white deck named Ardent Fervour, which is my favourite. Cannot find this anywhere on pc - any ideas if/how I can get it?

What's the best way to get decent-ish cards to build up my deck at the start?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

User Friendly posted:

I've started playing this on PS4 and liking it so far. I've installed the steam version as well - going to switch to that so i can play pve as well...

On the ps4 I have a red/white deck named Ardent Fervour, which is my favourite. Cannot find this anywhere on pc - any ideas if/how I can get it?

What's the best way to get decent-ish cards to build up my deck at the start?

Maybe when they update the PC/Steam version with the features from the PS4 that red/white deck might be given out for free? Otherwise, you would have to get the deck list and make it yourself.

As far as getting cards for your deck, you'll probably want to make a PVE deck that is good at farming gold from the campaign. Use that gold to buy more cards and/or sell it in trade chat for plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

Maybe when they update the PC/Steam version with the features from the PS4 that red/white deck might be given out for free? Otherwise, you would have to get the deck list and make it yourself.

As far as getting cards for your deck, you'll probably want to make a PVE deck that is good at farming gold from the campaign. Use that gold to buy more cards and/or sell it in trade chat for plat.

Anyone have some common staple/gold farming cards they want to send me? :)

• Locked thread