Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I just finished checking out the full spoiler list for set 8, https://www.hextcg.com/dead-winter-full-spoiler-list/

Set 7 was my favorite set since set 1 and also my best performing set, reached rank 4 pretty easily and would have stayed top 64 for once if it wasn't for the kismet draft. Set 8 is like, the complete opposite. Transform is now an afterthought, meanwhile they seemed to have triple downed on mill and deathcries. I'm also not interested in verdict or constant based decks. After conscript, I'm definitely not interested in anything resembling it like portal even if they think they fixed it by locking it to rarity.

Going to be a long wait if/when we get set 9 :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

User Friendly posted:

Anyone have some common staple/gold farming cards they want to send me? :)

If you can come up with some specific cards I could help out. I don't know a lot about PVE as I don't typically play much of it.

Not to step on KatKilla's feet, but I too am interested in buying inventories or accounts.

So far I have been having fun with set8 constructed. I haven't done too much limited yet. Also, they have free tournaments almost nightly that are ROCK format. Which means the decks can only contain commons and uncommons. Also, also the PS4 launch has seen a pretty healthy surge in player base for both constructed and limited. I think Hex is about as healthy right now as it has ever been imo.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Forgotton posted:

Also, also the PS4 launch has seen a pretty healthy surge in player base for both constructed and limited. I think Hex is about as healthy right now as it has ever been imo.

https://hexsales.net/#/economy
Looks like on the economy side at least the game is doing great.
PS4 was the correct move on their part. I am hoping we see a Switch version at some point.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Ok so current meta has like 7+ viable decks right now that are all trying to crawl their way to top. Mill is a competitive deck archtype and 90% of the player base isn't playing aggro. Comp is a wild west right now. Haven't had many issues with limited firing either. GET HYPED!

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Recently bought an account from a Goon. Still in the market for more. PM me if interested in selling your collection/account.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Did they ever invalidate Kickstarter reward codes?
While I don't want to sell my account yet (even though I've only been logging once a week to raredraft my lifetime weekly draft for more than a year now...), I still have an unredeemed code for weekly drafts that I'd be willing to sell.
They were good for one year of drafts originally, but I think they extended that to 1 1/2 years sometime after release, so it's potentially worth as much as 78 drafts if you play every week.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Tamba posted:

Did they ever invalidate Kickstarter reward codes?
While I don't want to sell my account yet (even though I've only been logging once a week to raredraft my lifetime weekly draft for more than a year now...), I still have an unredeemed code for weekly drafts that I'd be willing to sell.
They were good for one year of drafts originally, but I think they extended that to 1 1/2 years sometime after release, so it's potentially worth as much as 78 drafts if you play every week.

There's no reason the code should have expired, I think you can contact their support to confirm the code is unused to show for the potential buyer.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Support just replied. The code is still valid and should be good for 18 months of weekly Drafts.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

EDIT: Sold, thanks!

It looks like a few of you are buying collections. I'd like to sell mine.

Cards: https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/collection=14540
Equipment: https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/equipment/collection=14540

Platinum: 2534
Gold: 2000

Sleeves:
1 Year Anniversary Sleeve
2 Year Anniversary Sleeve
2016 The Sea Festival Sleeve
2017 Ardor Day Sleeve
3 Year Anniversary Sleeve
4 Year Anniversary Sleeve
Alpha Player Sleeve
Ardor Day 2016 Sleeve
Beta Player Sleeve
Bronze 2017 Season 1 Ladder Sleeve
Bronze 2017 Season 4 Ladder Sleeve
Bronze Season 1 Ladder Sleeve
Captain Deck Sleeve
Champion Deck Sleeve
Charity 2014 Sleeve
Charity 2016 Sleeve
Charity 2017 Sleeve
Exiled Bard Sleeve
King Sleeve
Knight Sleeve
Million Dollar Deck Sleeve
The Moon Will Avenge Us Sleeve
Uruunaz the Mericiless Sleeve
Warrior Sleeve
Windbourne Acolyte Sleeve

Packs: 3x Kismet's Draft Pack

Mercenaries:
Aethynia
Ashahsa x6
B.E.B.O.
Burgamot Ebonrock
Cardboard Tube Samurai
Count Davian x4
G24A-19
Glorfenblort
Mephistophelius
Monkey of the Nine Tails
Mooof
Portensio of Avon
Scion of Uruunaz
Spirit of the Triumverate x2
The Transcended x2
Zoltog

Chests:
3x Herofall Rare Chest (PaidSpin)
2x Primal Dawn Uncommon Chest (PaidSpin)
3x Herofall Uncommon Chest (PaidSpin)
2x Primal Dawn Common Chest (PaidSpin)
6x Herofall Common Chest (PaidSpin)

Stardust:
5x Rare
4x Uncommon
1x Common

Others:
HexPrimal.com Immortal Ticket
19x VIP Entry Ticket

I also have quite a few extended art cards. These are listed in the collection link as well, of course, but here's the list of what from that is extended art:
Arcane Focus x4
Arcane Shield x4
Archmage Wrenlocke x2
Argus, Herald of Doom
Bottled Vitae
Buccaneer x2
Clash of Steel x3
Confounding Ire x2
Countermagic x4
Diamond's Favor
Dread End
Eldurathan's Glory
Extinction (Promo) x2
Extinction x2
Guidance x4
Inquisition x4
Kill x4
Lanupaw's Sight x4
Life Siphon x2
Mad Robomancer
Oracle Song x4
Peek x4
Pride's Fall x2
Shrine of Prosperity
Sorrow x4
Spectral Acorn x2
Spectral Oak
Throwback
Totem Trap x2
Transmogrifade
Tribunal Magistrate
Vampire King
Vampiric Kiss x3
Verdict of the Ancient Kings x2
Weave into Nothing x2

Pussy Snorkel fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 11, 2018

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
At long last, Hex is coming out with Siege, which is the kick-off of evolution from what was originally pitched as Keep Defense. Defending players can utilize any PVP + PVE cards & equipment, any champions and any gems in order to create a gauntlet of three decks; they then pony up gold or platinum as a prize pool for victors to try to take.

Attackers (including PS4 players, nice!) must overcome said gauntlet with a standard legal deck, putting up a percentage of the prize pool as ante in order to attempt a siege. A portion of this ante goes into the defending player's personal coffers, a portion goes into the prize pool itself and a portion is burnt off by the system.

It's been stressed that there is a lot of experimental and iterative material to be done here, but I think this has a ton of potential to be pretty darn fun to brew for and play with.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Hahah Christ, that could be wild, especially for folks with a lot of legacy cards.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Hahah Christ, that could be wild, especially for folks with a lot of legacy cards.

Agreed, I'm optimistic that if nothing else, it will make for a really entertaining new way to tango. Attackers don't get to see the decklist and don't get any reserves, so it's HXE's hope that it will also encourage players to commiserate and plot against particularly tough defense decks with big prize hoards.

Cory mentioned wanting to also be able to utilize mercenaries for defense, which would also open up a lot of fun options.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Wow, this comes out right after I sell all my poo poo. Great!

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

GaistHeidegger posted:

At long last, Hex is coming out with Siege, which is the kick-off of evolution from what was originally pitched as Keep Defense. Defending players can utilize any PVP + PVE cards & equipment, any champions and any gems in order to create a gauntlet of three decks; they then pony up gold or platinum as a prize pool for victors to try to take.

Attackers (including PS4 players, nice!) must overcome said gauntlet with a standard legal deck, putting up a percentage of the prize pool as ante in order to attempt a siege. A portion of this ante goes into the defending player's personal coffers, a portion goes into the prize pool itself and a portion is burnt off by the system.

It's been stressed that there is a lot of experimental and iterative material to be done here, but I think this has a ton of potential to be pretty darn fun to brew for and play with.

It is a really neat idea. Might be super hard to balance a Standard deck going up against PVE cards and equipment. Some of that poo poo is broke as hell. But, I am curious to see how the outcome is. Hopefully it boosts the prices on some of this PVE poo poo I have laying around. It also, in theory, generates endless content for players.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Probably the best deck I've ever drafted, 5x Tbird and 5x Buccaneer no big deal :smug:

Almost blew it due to a misclick, but got the 3-0.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

Probably the best deck I've ever drafted, 5x Tbird and 5x Buccaneer no big deal :smug:

Almost blew it due to a misclick, but got the 3-0.

Jesus, pretty sure that deck just plays itself.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

GaistHeidegger posted:

If this can earn you some consistent currency I might just get back into hex

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Siege released and set 9 spoilers starting. New set will be called Doombringer: https://www.hextcg.com/friday-update-siege/

With set 9 confirmed a thing that will exist, I might potentially be interested in purchasing collections again. Feel free to pm me or email me at katkillad5734@yahoo.com if interested. I'll need a hex.tcgbrowser link to your collection and a pic of the first page of your inventory. Thanks!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

As a new player to this game, gently caress this dumb rear end Illuminate deck/mechanic.

How the gently caress can I do anything about 4x 4/4+ tokens by turn 4 with my crappy deck.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I know this thread is on life support, but I am preselling set 9 boosters once again. $1.10 per set 9 booster, see details here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851592

Set 9 launches sometime this week.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 12, 2018

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Release date Friday! https://www.hextcg.com/doombringer-patch-announcement/

I'm cautiously optimistic about set 9. No RNG keywords and minimal RNG cards in the set. There are some nasty quick action tricks that are going to feel bad. I'm not a fan of ever playing more than 2 shards so that might be an issue, but I'll deal with it.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 14, 2018

Pieces
Jan 25, 2011
Anyone buying collections here? Have a reasonably large one with a mix of standard / immortal stuff for sale.

Link: https://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/collection=22170

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Haven't played this for a few years, but decided to come back and do some drafts and stuff. So far I've 0-2ed a draft league, 5-2ed an evo sealed, and have a sealed league I started to see some of the cards that's been going very slowly because it doesn't seem like many people play sealed. Having a lot of fun, though. I've been having good luck with the blood/diamond cards.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Haven't played this for a few years, but decided to come back and do some drafts and stuff. So far I've 0-2ed a draft league, 5-2ed an evo sealed, and have a sealed league I started to see some of the cards that's been going very slowly because it doesn't seem like many people play sealed. Having a lot of fun, though. I've been having good luck with the blood/diamond cards.

I'm having a lot of fun climbin' the constructed ladder.
Hex is a good card game, I don't understand why people keeps bashin' it on the steam store page. :iiam:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

If anyone has a collection they are interested in selling, feel free to send me a pm or give me an email address I can contact you at. ( Preferably large collections. ) All I need is a hex.tcgbrowser link to your collection and the first pic of your inventory.

2 more sets are rotating out, so this is kind of the last moments those sets are going to hold their value. They've also made a lot of recent changes that are probably overall great for players, but not great for collection value.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

2 more sets are rotating out, so this is kind of the last moments those sets are going to hold their value. They've also made a lot of recent changes that are probably overall great for players, but not great for collection value.

What changes, out of interest?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Wallet posted:

What changes, out of interest?

I'll see if I can remember most off the top of my head.

*They recently made available some competitive signature decks for constructed that are actually a pretty good value and not terrible like the ones in the past or the Collector decks.

*No more cash payouts, supposedly due to international issues. ( Not buying that excuse, the cash tournaments were never profitable for them from day 1. ) With that, they changed clash/bash to be a four round tournament that is actually worth playing now even if you are an average 2-2 player. If you go 4-0 you get 10,000 platinum, AAA card, AAA sleeve, Battleboard. You will pretty much always break even with a 2-2 record.

*New currencies for siege and gameplay after you've reached cosmic in limited/constructed. I'm not 100% sure on the details on these, the new currency is for buying stuff in the shop. The big takeaway is you can spend cosmic coins on packs that have a 1/3 chance of giving you a booster of the current set.

*They've also started a 100p pvp format that's supposed to be "fun" with things like giving you random PVE champs and their PVE deck to play against opponents. ( I personally don't think it's balanced/fun, but some people enjoy it. )

*Alternate art shards! Hex is saved!

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

katkillad2 posted:

If anyone has a collection they are interested in selling, feel free to send me a pm or give me an email address I can contact you at. ( Preferably large collections. ) All I need is a hex.tcgbrowser link to your collection and the first pic of your inventory.

Will be sending you a PM. I love Hex and the time I've spent with it, but I haven't had time to play since my twin daughters were born over a year ago. I am a Dungeon Crawler backer, and my collection is mostly early sets as I stopped playing around Herofall (bought packs from you a few times even). I'm guessing Immortal cards haven't held their value well, but might as well see what I might be able to get, maybe I have a few goodies on my account still.

The idea of giving up my collection makes me a little sad, and logging in to sync my account with HexTCG Browser makes me really wish they would put out a tablet/phone version. I could see being able to play a little PVE/Siege here and there, although PVE content seems pretty stagnate as of late.

Out of curiosity has anyone tried the new Steam Link android app with Hex?

Edit: Decided to test out Steam Link myself since I was tinkering around in Hex. I have a feeling if my computer was wired ethernet, or at least 5G wireless, it would perform a lot better. But it was actually somewhat playable with touch controls. I wasn't able to get the double click gesture to work, but did play a round in the Frost Ring Arena okay. If you don't need to read cards, or have a larger tablet/phone, it would probably work well.

Protip fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 22, 2018

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
More than 21 of the artists who HXE hired have collectively reported having long, long delays of not being paid and HXE giving excuses until they threatened class action, after which now they're gradually being paid. AFAIK this is basically what happened in the death knell of the WoW TCG (which was also by Cryptozoic -> HXE) wherein they couldn't afford to pay the artists anymore before closing shop. Ouch.

There's a facebook post about the artist situation here.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

GaistHeidegger posted:

More than 21 of the artists who HXE hired have collectively reported having long, long delays of not being paid and HXE giving excuses until they threatened class action, after which now they're gradually being paid. AFAIK this is basically what happened in the death knell of the WoW TCG (which was also by Cryptozoic -> HXE) wherein they couldn't afford to pay the artists anymore before closing shop. Ouch.

There's a facebook post about the artist situation here.

They also deleted any discussion about it on the forums. I don't think that's the best way to handle that sort of situation...I've been claiming the doom and gloom since like set 7, unfortunately this seems inevitable. It's just a matter of when. Even aside from everything else, there's no way the current playerbase is sustainable. I only draft my ticket once a week and it's usually a 3-4 hour process between finding a draft that fires and finding opponents.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 23, 2018

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

katkillad2 posted:

They also deleted any discussion about it on the forums. I don't think that's the best way to handle that sort of situation...I've been claiming the doom and gloom since like set 7, unfortunately this seems inevitable. It's just a matter of when. Even aside from everything else, there's no way the current playerbase is sustainable. I only draft my ticket once a week and it's usually a 3-4 hour process between finding a draft that fires and finding opponents.

That bums me out. I'll miss my weekly draft.

For what it's worth, at the times I draft, which is like early evening US time or morning/afternoon on weekends, drafts fill and fire very quickly. I feel like it's rare that I wait longer than about 15 minutes. But I only test this theory about once a week.

Oh actually, the new experimental tourney types, I got matched on those super fast too. That was similar times, and I did each one 2-3 times to get enough wins for the animated back.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

That bums me out. I'll miss my weekly draft.

For what it's worth, at the times I draft, which is like early evening US time or morning/afternoon on weekends, drafts fill and fire very quickly. I feel like it's rare that I wait longer than about 15 minutes. But I only test this theory about once a week.

Oh actually, the new experimental tourney types, I got matched on those super fast too. That was similar times, and I did each one 2-3 times to get enough wins for the animated back.

Yea, I mean it's all anecdotal really. I honestly think the new 100p PVP tournaments might actually be hurting draft queues. You are right though, those were firing usually within a minute. Last night I waited over an hour for a 1-1 opponent in the draft queue, questioning what I'm doing with my life :)

Don't get me wrong, as someone who has been buying/selling through Hex for the last 7 sets or so I would like to see them continue on forever. It's been nice earning a bit of cash for a hobby I enjoy most of the time.

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
I've been reading a lot of doom and gloom about Hex and it makes me sad. The current standard format has been insanely open since the champion changes with many different types of viable decks. I hope the game has at least another year of life in it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

God of Evil Cows posted:

I've been reading a lot of doom and gloom about Hex and it makes me sad. The current standard format has been insanely open since the champion changes with many different types of viable decks. I hope the game has at least another year of life in it.

I'm gonna blame WotC in the end. I feel like Hex never really recovered from the damage of the lawsuit.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
WotC certainly carries some blame, but I think the biggest mistake was trying to both do the TCG thing and the PVE thing together. There's some serious anti-synergy there that may not have been obvious when the concept was first pitched.

For starters, PVE really doesn't scale well to players of different collection sizes. Encounters range from dauntingly impossible if you haven't put money in, to completely trivial if you've got a full collection. Serving both masters is impossible. PVE was also a huge technical undertaking that sucked resources and slowed down the crucial early years of development (causing sets 2-4 to take 8-9 months each, which badly hurt their momentum), as well as keeping them from working on important stuff like improvements to the deckbuilder or the AH.

A shrinking playerbase caused by content drought, combined with the abysmal AH experience meant that the economy eventually got hosed to the point that standard decks cost a comparable amount to MTGO decks, despite the packs being half the price, and that's where the TCG part bit them again. The prime directive of a TCG developer is to "preserve the value of player collections", which stopped them from doing anything about card prices until the 11th hour. Cosmic coins and the powerful new signature decks might have fixed the problem if they'd come a year earlier, but I have a feeling it's too late unless something drastic changes.

I desperately hope I'm wrong, though. Hex is the best game I've ever played, and it'd be a shame to see it end like this.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Assuming we see a set 10, I'll be selling boosters again and will make sure to beat anyone's price who has packs available and is selling on release. I'll post in SAmart and send the few of you who bought last time a message as a heads up. I'm not going to take pre-orders this far out, just posting to say I plan on beating available prices and I'll probably have 60'ish packs available to each person who bought last set.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 20, 2018

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

GaistHeidegger posted:

Yup.

I never got into Hex, but I was a serious WoW TCG player.

There were 3 huge red flags in the 12 or so months before they actually pulled the plug:

1. A number of artists complaining about not being paid for work they'd done months previous, and the company ducking their calls/emails.

2. An overhaul of the tournament system, portrayed by the company as a way to make events/prizes more evenly distributed geographically, but in truth pretty obviously a major scaling back of both. From an earlier post, it sounds like Hex just did something similar.

There was also an ominous lack of future events on the calendar past a certain date for several months, which the company explained when asked as "still being scheduled." They never were.

Oh, and similar to the artists, tournament winners started complaining about not receiving checks/travel vouchers/any communication for several months after the event.

3. Grossly overpowered chase rates. This may have been unrelated to the end, but UDE (CZE's predecessor) did the same thing shortly before they lost the license: spiking the power level of new cards to drive short-term set sales. UDE spread it out across the sets though, CZE just printed a few Jace, the Mind Sculptor-level cards in the last year, one of which spiked at >200$/copy.

Avasculous fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 20, 2018

notmetalenough
Feb 26, 2010
Not sure how I would even go about doing this, but when I had disposable income I backed the kickstarter at the Grand King ($500) level. I have logged into the game maybe twice and would be willing to sell my account, if it is worth anything.

Does anyone know what my account would be worth?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
I tried selling my Dungeon Crawler ($250) account and, due to the indications Hex is in financial trouble, the value is about $0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

notmetalenough posted:

Not sure how I would even go about doing this, but when I had disposable income I backed the kickstarter at the Grand King ($500) level. I have logged into the game maybe twice and would be willing to sell my account, if it is worth anything.

Does anyone know what my account would be worth?

The last collection I just recently purchased, I paid $207 for a collection that was worth "195k plat" in currency after price floor filters applied in Hex.tcgbrowser. 6 months ago I probably would have paid $500 for the same collection. So I'm paying around $100 per $1000 in in-game currency. To show how out of whack things are and how much collection value has dropped, I'm going to consider myself lucky if I double my money if they don't close shop before set 10.

So rough estimates on the contents of your collection I would say a retail value would be $110. Unfortunately, nobody is paying retail prices so you would have to cut that in half. If you haven't applied the code for lifetime draft per week to your account you could maybe trick someone into giving you $50-$100 for that. If it has been applied to your account it's basically worthless, because it's against the TOS to sell accounts. You can sell the contents though, depending on how much your time is worth it might not be worth it to send the contents to someone for $50-$60 though.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 21, 2018

• Locked thread