Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
When I was a kid my parents told me if a tick ever bit me, I had to be super careful when I removed it, because the head would pop off and keep drinking. So I had this horrible image of a tiny black head in my skin and a blood fountain just spraying out. Later they amended that to "the tick head will survive IN your veins." So now the fountain was spraying inside my arm. Neither things were good and might explain why I had a huge phobia of parasites. To the point if I felt something on me that wasn't precisely skin, I'd tear it off. Including scabs because they felt like they COULD be ticks. Clearly if I ripped them off fast the head couldn't attach.

Similar with ticks, the rumor that mealworms (common reptile food) could survive as heads and could eat their way out of lizard stomachs. So even touching a mealworm meant a panic attack.

Oddly enough after dealing with the fuckers for a while that fear went away. Probably because I saw them turn into beetles, and raised them mostly on oatmeal and baby cereal, so clearly they weren't as carnivorous as the drat story said.

I remember the morning of 9-11, and for some reason all I could think of was The Handmaid's Tale, and the assumption it was coming true. Like, first the WTC fell, then the bad guys (whoever they were) would take over and turn the entire USA into Gilead. That was probably because I had watched the movie shortly beforehand though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread