Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I dunno, Kong already unmasked so they could be really safe and just go with him, but I don't see him making the final two. Maybe this is the year Shingo finally gets the mullet shaved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If YAMATO loses I will hold a funeral for his beautiful hair.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So two nights ago Yoshino announced that he is back full time. I hope he actually is healthy and isn't rushing back recklessly. Since he's a wrestler it's probably the later.

Anyways as of last night we have a new unit: MaxiMuM

But get hype for Dead or Alive tonight/tomorrow!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Setting the over/under on Ben-K becoming Dream Gate champion at 2020.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
here's my enormous king of gate preview i did with the help of people from open the voice gate.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/05/08/dragon-gate-king-gate-2017-tournament-preview-predictions/

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
so King of Gate is over.

We put out a new podcast this weekend, which was mostly bitching about how bad of a winner T-Hawk is. http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/06/26/open-voice-gate-19-t-hawk-therapy/

I still don't think T-Hawk was the right move, but this has to be the last time he's going to be given a shot like this, so it's put up or shut up. There were a lot of good matches during the round robin stage, probably my favorites were Takagi/Mochizuki, KAGETORA/Yamamura and Kzy/Susumu. The knockout stage just made air yesterday so I haven't caught up on that show yet.

So far it looks like we'll get YAMATO/T-Hawk, a CK-1 defense (maybe MochiFujii or DoiYoshi if MMM loses on the 1st?), KAGETORA/Flamita, Probably a 3-way for the Triangle Gate, and then a bunch of stuff to fill out the card at Kobe World.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I have come to accept that the Inexplicable T-Hawk Singles Push is the new Inexplicable Cyber Kong Singles Push. Hopefully this is the last time they do it for Kobe World though.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

I have come to accept that the Inexplicable T-Hawk Singles Push is the new Inexplicable Cyber Kong Singles Push. Hopefully this is the last time they do it for Kobe World though.

Yeah he's 27, and it's clear that folks like Eita/Ben-K/Yamamura are getting better responses and will be positioned for highlight pushes over the next years. I don't want it to sound like that I think T-Hawk is garbage (like Punch Tominaga): He just has a ceiling of being a number two in a unit/twin and triangle gate mainstay. There are worse positions to be in. It's a lot like where Hulk was at before he turned face/joined Dia.Hearts. There's just no evidence that the fans even care enough about T-Hawk that a face turn or usurping VerserK (which has a 20% chance of happening next week) will make the crowd change their opinion.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Who's excited for Kobe World, even despite a possible T-Hawk victory? CK-1/Speed Muscle should be awesome at the very least.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm gonna forget about it until a couple hours beforehand and then try to stay up with zero prep and pass out during intermission in my chair

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I'll make sure to put all the title matches in the Match of the Year thread for you.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I hope they happen before intermission

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I have been poor at keeping up with dg for this year. What are the best YAMATO and Don Fuji matches to watch?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Suplex Liberace posted:

I have been poor at keeping up with dg for this year. What are the best YAMATO and Don Fuji matches to watch?

YAMATO's best match this year was the DOA cage match. Was nothing to call home about during KOG. Don Fujii's been fun all year, but nothing i've gone at least an HM on. He's going to be in an incredible opener with Mochifuji/Kness/Kanda vs Ishida/Shun/Hyo/Yoshioka. Lots of angry old man beat downs.

oatgan posted:

I'm gonna forget about it until a couple hours beforehand and then try to stay up with zero prep and pass out during intermission in my chair

imo, according to when they do intermission, you might not be missing out on a lot. ck-1 has no chemistry with each other so i'm hoping that the individual chemistry with dk/yoshino and cima/doiyoshi will help.

and yamato and t hawk will be fiiiiiiiine. probably 35 minutes long and 15 minutes of slow start, but fiiiiiiine.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Who's excited for Kobe World, even despite a possible T-Hawk victory? CK-1/Speed Muscle should be awesome at the very least.

i'm 25% on a t-hawk win. they don't like sending crowds home on a sour note at kobe world, and crowds will react that way to that. i wrote a piece this week about t-hawk's push and how it shapes up historically for dg: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/07/19/the-curious-case-of-t-hawk/

and i'll be live tweeting during the show. my twitter account is @fujiiheya

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oh poo poo it's the dawn of a new era. We got new pre-match graphics.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
hey ya'll. the unit survival league starts tomorrow, and i put together a preview for all the units and their prospects.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/08/04/dragon-gate-5-unit-survival-race-preview/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when will the first post be updated

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

hey ya'll. the unit survival league starts tomorrow, and i put together a preview for all the units and their prospects.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/08/04/dragon-gate-5-unit-survival-race-preview/

I don't appreciate this malicious slander insinuating that BxB Hulk is not only not the top wrestler in Tribe, but is not the best wrestler in our hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

when will the first post be updated

Don't try to put down Don Fujii.

• Locked thread