Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
we are jimmyz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Shingo WHY :smithfrog:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The only thing that made me think it wasn't happening was it being such a small, taped show. Jimmyz, Susumu and the DG fanbase needed the win real bad.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Seems really weird that they'd have the title change happen on a taped show after months of building Shingo as this unstoppable monster heel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lots of other cool stuff went down at that show too. Supposedly it'll be out on the 25th.

-Yosuke challenged Kotoka for the Brave Gate. Kotoka says if he wins Yosuke has to wrestle topless from now on. Get ready for Brave Gate champion Yosuke, hopefully.
-Dragon Kid is now mentoring Eita. Not sure if this means DK is joining Over Generation or not.
-Big R Shimizu has officially joined Monster Express. He and T-Hawk want to challenge for the Twin Gate, but they need to get a win first.
-Susumu granted Shingo a rematch under the condition that Shingo leaves VerserK if he loses. So either a short Susumu reign, or VerserK without Shingo which is basically Mad Blankey again.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That angle for Yosuke seems very crass and not cool at all!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Grozz Nuy posted:

That angle for Yosuke seems very crass and not cool at all!

Counterpoint: BLEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

man now they really got all the best dudes in one stable

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

man now they really got all the best dudes in one stable

Nah, that won''t happen until we get a YAMADoi/Speed Muscle trio.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Episode 3 of my podcast is up talking about this crazy February and early DG heel units with John Carroll of VoW!

http://insidedgcast.libsyn.com/inside-the-gate-episode-3-february-2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

Nah, that won''t happen until we get a YAMADoi/Speed Muscle trio.

Last summer against CIMA/Ricochet/Sydal was my trios MOTY, but it was a one-time thing. :negative:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sounds like there was a fairly significant DG house show today

quote:

0. Kaito Ishida (5:00 Time Limit Draw) Punch Tominaga
1. Naruki Doi{W}, Kotoka (9:44 Bakatare Sliding Kick) Dragon Kid, Yosuke♡Santa Maria{L}
2. Cyber Kong (9:15 Pineapple Bomber) Takehiro Yamamura
3. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda{W} (8:46 Ryu’s) Naoki Tanizaki, Mondai Ryu{L}
4. T-Hawk, Big R Shimizu{W} (14:20 Shot-put Slam) Masaaki Mochizuki{L}, Don Fujii
5. Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Kzy{W} (17:32 Skayde Schoolboy) CIMA, Gamma, Eita{L}
6. Jimmy Susumu, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito{W} (22:04 Messenger) Shingo Takagi{L}, YAMATO

Maria greeted the fans to start the show. She talked about the upcoming Brave Gate title match she had with that Kotoka guy. She won’t lose to the likes of him, and hopes the fans will cheer for her. On to more important matters. She has kissed many good looking wrestlers, but there is one pair of lips that has eluded her. Naruki Doi. She would try and change that today, and hopes the fans will cheer for her.
She was close to achieving that goal in the closing stretch of the match, but Kotoka came up from behind her and once again stripped her top off. This allowed Doi to deliver the Bakatare Sliding Kick to win.
Kotoka wondered why she was so focused on Doi when she had a title match with him coming up. It doesn’t matter. He was going to win in 5 minutes anyway. Then Maria would have to wrestle topless forever. Maria was flustered and ashamed, demanding her top back. Kotoka will need 5 minutes to win? Too bad. He was going to be beaten in 10 seconds.

Horiguchi introduced the new Dream Gate champion to the Kobe fans. It was a hard and vicious fight, but he was able to end his 10 year Dream Gate drought. This was in no small part due to the support of the fans, so he thanked them for that. He talked about the upcoming rematch with Takagi in Osaka and the stipulation of Takagi having to leave Verserk if he loses. Takagi had blamed the loss on YAMATO hitting him with powder, leading to a dispute between them. Today they had to team together against RyoSuka. This would be a sure win for the Jimmyz. So would the next match, giving them two wins over Verserk today.

Tanizaki wore a Mondai Ryu style costume & mask and was introduced as Mondaizaki for the match.

Shimizu & T-Hawk celebrated their big win. Since it was over a former Twin Gate champion team that sure seemed like it fit the qualifications they needed. They called out Doi & YAMATO. Doi was still hesitant. However, they promised to defend the titles in Osaka. Not just that, but it was a special defense. It was going to be #10. Shimizu & T-Hawk would have to kill them to take the titles from them. They can have their title shot.
Mochizuki had some words for Shimizu. He got to watch him grow up from Ryotsu Shimizu to the Big R Shimizu he was today. This was his first time fighting him. It was also his first time feeling the Shot-put Slam. With that move, he can beat anyone. They beat MochiFujii today. They can beat DoiYAMA in Osaka and take the Twin Gate. Shimizu missed the point entirely and wondered if that was all Mochizuki wanted to say. Mochizuki had to speak clearer. He was giving him words of encouragement. Shimizu said that since Mochizuki was the one who helped him become who he is now, so he hoped Mochizuki would watch the Twin Gate title match. Mochizuki said that both he & Fujii would be there to see it.

Fujii also had something to say. Since the Sumoz were going to be descending on Osaka, he wanted to send a team after the Triangle Gate.

Yoshino was pleased with what he saw out of teaming with Kzy today. Their teamwork was excellent, everyone got along well. Kzys’ former stablemate was doing well in MONSTER EXPRESS. He also looked good in his new orange ring gear. This was good a place as any to ask. He invited Kzy to join MONSTER EXPRESS. Kzy thanked him for the offer. To be honest, he was so focused on the upcoming match with Verserk that he hadn’t given any thought to potential unit membership. For now, he wanted to just fight as a one-man Dia HEARTS. He would think about it, and give Yoshino an answer in Korakuen. Yoshino was fine with this, and would be waiting for his response.

This time around it was a Doi box attack that caused Takagi to lose. He lashed out again. Did Doi even look before swinging? Was he just following directions from YAMATO? YAMATO said that while he was indeed at fault in Hakata, he didn’t do a drat thing today. Doi sided with him. Sure, Doi was off with his aim. His fault there. But it was his fault that Takagi got pinned. That is how him. He should stop blaming others when he loses. Takagi lamented what things have come to. Maybe he should just not have anyone second him. He would beat Susumu by himself and put an end to all this. Doi told him if that is what he wanted, he could have it. Just remember, if he loses he is out of Verserk forever. Good luck. The rest of Verserk left.
Takagi turned his attention to Susumu. He better be focused, because there would be no misses next time. No flukes. No miracles. He needed that title belt more than any words could say. Susumu better be prepared.
Susumu was taken aback by the developments within Verserk. The Jimmyz were sure fine. Maybe it was because of that friendship bullshit Takagi claims to hate so much. He was already prepared to experience no miracles in Osaka. He wouldn’t need them. He would just win the match and defend HIS title.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Yeah that'll make tape but probably won't be shown for a week or two. I'm watching the show from 2/14 and so far it's been a lot of fun. The undercard was nothing to call home about (I'm glad we don't have another singles match between T-Hawk and Shimizu on the horizon) but the six man between VerserK and Yoshino/Tozawa/Kzy was great!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really have no idea what to expect from that Susumu/Takagi rematch. I can't imagine Takagi leaving VerserK this early in their run (and what do you do with him after that?) and it'd be weird to hotshot the title off Susumu on his first defense too.

Stoked for the return of SUMOZ though. We need a PT version of :allears:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Takagi gets the Dream Gate back and goes all-in on the whole Mr. Selfish thing, leaving Verserk and totally going it alone as a dominant heel champion? If that happens though the whole formation of Verserk is really weird, as they'd basically just become Mad Blankey again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, that was my issue - it'd be Mad Blankey 2. I feel like it might be a reshuffling of YAMADoi's position if Takagi wins the title back. Although, if he's out they could feasibly bring in Mochi to lead since he's unaffiliated now.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

quote:

Yamamura provoked Mochizuki and insulted him for being old. He was, what, 46? Next time in Kyoto he and Ishida could fight Mochizuki in a handicap match their combined age would still be lower than his old rear end. Since the difference was six years, Mochizuki suggested they add the kid they pull from the crowd to ring the opening bell. CIMA mentioned his lovely daughter just turned six, so she could join to make it 3-1. Everyone liked this idea and demanded GM Yagi make the match. He agreed to take it under advisement.

Dragon Gate is good

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tonfa posted:

Dragon Gate is good

RIP CIMA's daughter: Kicked to death by an old man.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yamamura would've fit in great with Millennials with that attitude.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where is kotoka!!!!!!!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yamato could not look more disinterested in that photo op

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

where is kotoka!!!!!!!

he was off that show, both him and shingo have been photoshopping him in that photo on twitter.

cyber kong in that photo might be my favorite random photo since don fujii started shilling futons.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd assume Cyber Kong would be on drums, not sax.

If Kotoka was in that picture he'd almost definitely have a mic instead of an instrument.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cyber Kong is my favorite sax playing wrestler since Bam Bam Bigelow.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Korakuen iPPV is tomorrow morning at 4:30 EST!

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/product/3443

Looks like more of the shakeups will go down. CHAMPION GATE won't be on iPPV this year and will be a single TV show on the 25th.

I'm thinking after the next few weeks we'll have:

Dream: Shingo
Twin: YAMADoi
Triangle: MX
Brave: Maria

VerserK stays mostly the same: Shingo NEEDS to stay heel/in VerserK. Doi is the worst face in the promotion. YAMATO would be my x-factor and if any switching happens, it'll be around him (but I don't think anything is going to happen).

MX is stable from now until they finally disband & Jimmyz have had enough drama over the years that they'll stay out of the unit shift.

Eita finally wears down DK and he joins OG while Lindaman joins up with Fujii and maybe does an enhanced Fujii Heya with the bigger dojo kids that are doing Exhibitions right now.

The YASSHI/Yoshino tag team is a one night thing. I see this Mocchy/Maria combination forming a new unit with Kzy/YASSHI/U-T. Kzy and Maria will have to talk Mocchy into it after Aagan Issou. When Hulk returns I see him being the #2 in the unit, Kzy/YASSHI/Hulk as a Triangle challenge team and U-T as their lost post.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
poo poo, I almost forgot this was tonight. Anything happen before CIMA making fun of the rookies?

edit: hahahaha Stalker taps out to repeated German suplexes
edit2: KNESUKA!
edit3: M2K!!!

Cool show, though nothing really stood out aside from the moments above. Main event multi-man was a lot of fun as DG multi-mans always are.

Kzy said no to joining MX and now Yoshino's sad. :smith:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 2, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
dammit ryo saito ruining a perfectly good M2K reunion.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

The YASSHI/Yoshino tag team is a one night thing. I see this Mocchy/Maria combination forming a new unit with Kzy/YASSHI/U-T. Kzy and Maria will have to talk Mocchy into it after Aagan Issou. When Hulk returns I see him being the #2 in the unit, Kzy/YASSHI/Hulk as a Triangle challenge team and U-T as their lost post.

Isn't that just basically Dia.Hearts again but with Mocchy as the leader but no Shimizu?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

Isn't that just basically Dia.Hearts again but with Mocchy as the leader but no Shimizu?

Nope, DK/Shimizu out and YASSHI/U-T/Maria in their stead at least in my mind. YASSHI acted like YASSHI today (got dq'd for box attacks) so I don't know how's he's going to fit anywhere besides VerserK but I hate the idea of him being the #4 in a heel unit (unless there's some shakeups/Takagi loses).

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Since the Shingo/YAMATO rift is still growing and both want each other out of the unit, I'm thinking Shingo wins the Dream Gate back from Susumu and YAMADoi leave VerserK.

What I'd LIKE to see is YAMADoi starting a new unit with Mochi/Kzy/Hulk as a hybrid of Mad Blankey and Dia.Hearts. Maybe throw in U-T as designated unit jobber, call them Mad.Hearts or something.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Any early picks on whom DG is sending to the Super J Cup? Traditionally, they send a younger wrestler to NJPW tournaments unless it's a gaijin, like YAMATO in 09 and Hulk in the BOSJ in 07.

For that I'm thinking it might be Eita, Kotoka, or Lindaman. I think they're protecting T-Hawk so he won't take an inter-promotional loss, Shimizu is too big, and the rookies are too unexperienced.

Politically, I find this pretty interesting. I won't beat around the bush here: Tozawa's kind of an ex-factor. His WWE desire is pretty well known, and all his Best O Friends live in Orlando. It's happening after DG contracts expire at Kobe World and I guess somewhat concurrently with WWE's Cruiserweight Tourney. They might try to swing something with New Japan about him to try to keep in Japan and have him be the rep. (this is pure speculation, i don't have the scoops about this)

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 3, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I'd predict Tozawa for WWE but not the Super J, if only so he can go hang out with Uhaa. If Ricochet's freed up enough to enter WWE's tournament we might just see some MX representation in WWE. :dance:

For the Super J: I'd really like to see Kotoka and Eita, but I wouldn't count T-Hawk out just for protection purposes; if he made it past a few rounds that's still a good showing. Pretty much everyone knows Kzy is underrated and he can stand to take a loss, so maybe him as well. Is there anything that precludes bigger DG names like Yoshino from doing it? Or is it just that top names don't want to take a loss in another promotion?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Is there anything that precludes bigger DG names like Yoshino from doing it? Or is it just that top names don't want to take a loss in another promotion?

I think they see it as an learning experience and exposure for the young guys. It's not like CIMA wasn't in one (runner-up in 2000). Kzy would be a great representative and his look is so unique that I think it'd get over.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Have there been any reports of WWE interest in Tozawa? He's great, but he doesn't seem to be what they typically look for in foreign signings.

I could see him getting invited to do the cruiserweight tourney but I don't think that would necessarily lead to him leaving DG.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

maria did it!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqQc-jkjHbQ

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Awesome, I was hoping that would happen. Was that live this morning or was it taped for later?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Awesome, I was hoping that would happen. Was that live this morning or was it taped for later?

taped, apparently the big matches from this weekend are being turned into one Infinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Long may Maria-chan reign.

• Locked thread