Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

YAMADoi no :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

congrats to my big boys over in monster express long may they reign

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Shingo experiment is back on though. Too bad for Susumu.

Ryo Saito is the next challenger so he's continuing running through the generations.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 6, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I kinda wish Jimmyz would just permanently become SUMOZ.

A lot of changes but it's a fair trade - VerserK loses its near-sweep of the undercard titles while regaining the main one. I have to think the Shingo/YAMATO tension is only going to rise after this. When YAMADoi were Twin Gate champs they had a leg to stand on while criticizing Shingo, now they don't. Also I just realized that since they're no longer champs, Doi might side with Shingo if YAMATO leaves VerserK. :ohdear:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I kinda wish Jimmyz would just permanently become SUMOZ.

A lot of changes but it's a fair trade - VerserK loses its near-sweep of the undercard titles while regaining the main one. I have to think the Shingo/YAMATO tension is only going to rise after this. When YAMADoi were Twin Gate champs they had a leg to stand on while criticizing Shingo, now they don't. Also I just realized that since they're no longer champs, Doi might side with Shingo if YAMATO leaves VerserK. :ohdear:

Doi should always be heel, and YAMATO feels ready for a face turn.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, my thoughts on a new unit from earlier in the thread wouldn't have to be adjusted much for that, just without Doi. If it's not that, then I'm wondering now where all the unaffiliated people will land. Dragon Kid's probably joining Over Generation, everyone from Dia.Hearts other than Shimizu has refused Monster Express so far, and Yosuke and U-T still haven't been with anyone since Millennials.

Speaking of which, when was the last time an unaffiliated held a title?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

What if it is Santa Maria in BOSJ.

What if we get Cheeseburger vs. Santa Maria.

What if they fall in love.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, my thoughts on a new unit from earlier in the thread wouldn't have to be adjusted much for that, just without Doi. If it's not that, then I'm wondering now where all the unaffiliated people will land. Dragon Kid's probably joining Over Generation, everyone from Dia.Hearts other than Shimizu has refused Monster Express so far, and Yosuke and U-T still haven't been with anyone since Millennials.

Speaking of which, when was the last time an unaffiliated held a title?

Last year's Triangle Gate team of CIMA/Gamma and Don Fujii

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Stalker's got the Super J Cup in the bag.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/710172626963079174

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've discovered that if you GIS "ヴェーーーー" you get a bunch of pictures of Kotoka.

ヴェーーーー is phonetically "beehhhhhhh" in Japanese. Kotoka is now widely associated with that sound.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

ヴェーーーー is phonetically "beehhhhhhh" in Japanese. Kotoka is now widely associated with that sound.

As he should be. My non-wrestling fan friends know him as Bleeeeehhhh guy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the other cards are all v cool tho

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yamadoi players announce

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/712508892060712960

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

YamaDoi vs Big T was a failed attempt to go epic, a solid two thirds of the match was just boring. What a damper to end the big twin gate run on.

Susumu and Shingo were game and the rematch was better than their encounter as Hakata Star Lanes. Third best match of Shingo's VerserK run. Crowd seemed to react with total :geno: to the finish though.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 24, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't think I've seen Saito lock in the Cycling Yahoo in months. He always gets interrupted now, which sucks because it's a great submission.

[edit]Mondai Ryu's new shirt is great.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 25, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sticklefifer posted:

bleeeehhhhhhhhhh

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I don't think I've seen Saito lock in the Cycling Yahoo in months. He always gets interrupted now, which sucks because it's a great submission.

[edit]Mondai Ryu's new shirt is great.

Same with whatever that thing Kanda is trying to do when he punches a guy and runs into a corner. I don't think I've ever seen him hit that since I started watching. I still have no clue what the end result of that is supposed to be.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know what it is, but Saito has stepped up so much in the charisma department even just in the past year. Saito and Tozawa could have an amazing feud one of these days for the promos alone, even if I don't understand the language.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Tozawa to GCS. Had a feeling this was happening for a while. Keep an eye on the Korakuen show next week; if there is a challenger team for the Triangle Gate that doesn't have chaff on it the writing might be on the wall.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Please don't leave me Tozawa

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

RaceyBucket posted:

Please don't leave me Tozawa

He's still under contract to DG until the end of July.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

My point still stands.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tozawa is about as likely to get pushed in wwe as he is in dragon gate so it's more of a lateral move

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

tozawa is about as likely to get pushed in wwe as he is in dragon gate so it's more of a lateral move

I don't blame him for jumping if possible as he seems to lovethe US , has friends in Orlando, and it strikes me that he could probably deal with not really being pushed. :lol: at the idea of Tozawa ever getting a serious World champ shot though and I'm not even sure he'd win the IC.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tozawa's charismatic as gently caress and WWE likes that. He'll likely sell merch if nothing else.

If he goes to WWE though I'm guessing MX is the next faction to split. They picked up Big R and T-Hawk but Tozawa's really the heart of the group. Maybe Kzy will come around and join them after all.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Tozawa to GCS. Had a feeling this was happening for a while. Keep an eye on the Korakuen show next week; if there is a challenger team for the Triangle Gate that doesn't have chaff on it the writing might be on the wall.

I feel like they've been building to YAMATO/Doi/Kotoka since YAMADoi lost the Twin Gate.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

On one hand Tozawa is the best babyface in the world and the actual most charismatic man in wrestling so it'd be cool to see him basically anywhere but on the other please don't leave Dragon Gate Tozawa.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like they've been building to YAMATO/Doi/Kotoka since YAMADoi lost the Twin Gate.

They just lost in a challenge for the Triangle.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

I'd love to see a OG Kidz team make a challenge but that's unlikely. Probably a Jimmyz team is my guess.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

like honestly if Tozawa ends up in WWE I think I'll be legitimately upset. Not even my favorite wrestler can make WWE/NXT watchable/interesting, and missing out on my favorite wrestler because he's in a bad company legitimately makes me feel really lovely.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If you think NXT is unwatchable check the card for Takeover Dallas. It's heaven for indie/Japan fans. Besides, it's a good career move for him and he'll get to hang with his buddies Uhaa and Ricochet again.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i really don't get the outcry that i've heard (mostly on twitter) about tozawa going to gcs/wwe being the worst thing ever.

the dude wants this. he absolutely loves wrestling in the states (would you want to do some of that crazy traveling he has to do for pwg ontop of dg's insane touring schedule? he does), his best friends are here, and he's probably not going to get a sniff at the dream gate until final gate this year at the earliest.

if the gcs thing turns into a full-time thing, it'll be awesome for him. he's my favorite wrestler in the world and i'm excited to for the greater wrestling world to finally experience the big over.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
As long as he brings his loud as hell yelling and his corner chest slaps spot, cool. I kind of doubt they'll let him do the yoga stretch on the ringpost though.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i really don't get the outcry that i've heard (mostly on twitter) about tozawa going to gcs/wwe being the worst thing ever.

the dude wants this. he absolutely loves wrestling in the states (would you want to do some of that crazy traveling he has to do for pwg ontop of dg's insane touring schedule? he does), his best friends are here, and he's probably not going to get a sniff at the dream gate until final gate this year at the earliest.

if the gcs thing turns into a full-time thing, it'll be awesome for him. he's my favorite wrestler in the world and i'm excited to for the greater wrestling world to finally experience the big over.

I'm in the same boat. Dude absolutely, 100% wants this. And it really wasn't all that long ago that Tozawa was a bastard child of DG, after all.

Wouldn't be surprised if he remembers that. Metabolic Bros was a tough time.

EDIT: Just realized that the Metabolic Bros era was ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO. Oh god I'm so old

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It means if I wanna watch Tozawa I'll have to watch WWE programming.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

how many dragon gate shows have you bought over the last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

how many dragon gate shows have you bought over the last year

I don't have time to stay up that late so none. :(

• Locked thread