Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

super macho dude posted:

whats the status on BxB Hulk?

Still beautiful.

I'm probably the only big Dia.Hearts fan here, so I'm really torn about the unit disbands match. I don't want either to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Awww man :(

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Takagi gets the Dream Gate back and goes all-in on the whole Mr. Selfish thing, leaving Verserk and totally going it alone as a dominant heel champion? If that happens though the whole formation of Verserk is really weird, as they'd basically just become Mad Blankey again.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tonfa posted:

Dragon Gate is good

RIP CIMA's daughter: Kicked to death by an old man.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cyber Kong is my favorite sax playing wrestler since Bam Bam Bigelow.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Long may Maria-chan reign.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I kinda wish Jimmyz would just permanently become SUMOZ.

A lot of changes but it's a fair trade - VerserK loses its near-sweep of the undercard titles while regaining the main one. I have to think the Shingo/YAMATO tension is only going to rise after this. When YAMADoi were Twin Gate champs they had a leg to stand on while criticizing Shingo, now they don't. Also I just realized that since they're no longer champs, Doi might side with Shingo if YAMATO leaves VerserK. :ohdear:

Doi should always be heel, and YAMATO feels ready for a face turn.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Stalker's got the Super J Cup in the bag.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I've discovered that if you GIS "ヴェーーーー" you get a bunch of pictures of Kotoka.

ヴェーーーー is phonetically "beehhhhhhh" in Japanese. Kotoka is now widely associated with that sound.

As he should be. My non-wrestling fan friends know him as Bleeeeehhhh guy.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I don't think I've seen Saito lock in the Cycling Yahoo in months. He always gets interrupted now, which sucks because it's a great submission.

[edit]Mondai Ryu's new shirt is great.

Same with whatever that thing Kanda is trying to do when he punches a guy and runs into a corner. I don't think I've ever seen him hit that since I started watching. I still have no clue what the end result of that is supposed to be.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

On one hand Tozawa is the best babyface in the world and the actual most charismatic man in wrestling so it'd be cool to see him basically anywhere but on the other please don't leave Dragon Gate Tozawa.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

like honestly if Tozawa ends up in WWE I think I'll be legitimately upset. Not even my favorite wrestler can make WWE/NXT watchable/interesting, and missing out on my favorite wrestler because he's in a bad company legitimately makes me feel really lovely.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

goddammit.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

In happier news this glorious thing is online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVKXQnIKQTg

Costume change battle royal at a dinner party.

"Order of Entry: Ryopachi Sensei, Turboyan, Dragon Kid (Akira Tozawa), Jackson Florida (Dragon Kid) & Johnson Florida, Shachihoko Machine, Darkside Hulk, Big R Shimizu (T-Hawk), Kotoka, Don Fujii (Big R Shimizu), “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa (Masato Yoshino), Masaaki Mochizuki & Susumu Mochizuki & Darkness Dragon (M2K), Yasushi Kanda (Kzy), C-Ness (CIMA as K-ness)"

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 3, 2016

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cage match was glorious. I was basically freaking out for the last 10-15 minutes straight.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

He's Uhaa level jacked and does flips. CIMA probably got full wood watching his tape

edit here's a highlight video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uERyAZCe58

mmmmmm yeah thats some prime CIMA-bait right there.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Re-watching DoA 2014, and i think my favorite part of this show was the pre Triangle Gate match package where the narrator announces the champs as "T-HAWK! EITA! and ut is also there."

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

also DoA 2014 is seriously great, probably the best top to bottom show of that year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So Eita is Dragon Gate's rep in the Super J Cup. Excellent news for him and I hope he gets a really good showing out of it and isn't eliminated in the first round or anything. He's really impressed me in singles competition during King of Gate (and the Brave Gate tourney from last year), so I hope he gets something out of this.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

so kobe world is this sunday. as REAL LIFE has consumed me I haven't been able to put out an ITG or preview this but it looks like a real good show, and the best show in japan that day. (I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO DISMISSES THE GREATNESS OF A DON FUJII/FUNAKI TAG TEAM. STEP UP AND GET PUNCHED IN THE NECK)

http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/i18ngate/lv268862999

2160 yen pre order

2700 yen otherwise

Also, if you're having trouble ordering it because of credit card issues or whatever, Larito wrote an alternate guide to ordering the show: https://ello.co/senorlariato/post/5fghbj8w-fjrzo0lyarpzq

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Who jobs, Stalker or U-T?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Technically, Stalker just won a match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

that senior citizen special was everything i wanted for in that match and more.

I am glad that Fuji kept the tradition of trying to toss people off the balcony alive.

Also Eita's real good yall. Hope he got paid real good to job to Old Man Liger.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also just want to mention that Futa Nakamura is basically Lil' Shingo.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Tozawa was officially announced for the WWE Cruiserweight Division. It's totally dusty in here.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Why does WWE hate Monster Express?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Super excites for Final Gate. I can actually watch this one live.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

What is this show? Both Stalker and Kzy have wins?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Doi, Yoshino, and Ben-K seem the most likely to me as the core of a new unit, but beyond that I have no clue how things will shake out.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The biggest issue with Dragon Gate honestly is the tag league taking up like a month and a half of time, and that it usually comes right after Kobe World. So YAMATO ends Shingo's reign of terror but because of the tag league his momentum peters out because there's no decent follow-up on that. And it wasn't helped this year by Gate of Destiny being all about Tozawa.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

For a while now I've personally considered Final Gate their big show, even though Kobe World is promoted as such. FG is usually the payoff of the biggest title feuds and often has the year's best matches. KW is more the culmination of King of Gate and fallout from Dead or Alive. Also the positioning at the end of the year just makes it feel appropriately, well, final.

Final Gate's presented as about equivalent of Kobe World in storyline importance, but is undercut by being the worst Dragon Gate crowd of the year every year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I've only been watching sporadically lately since the holidays put me way behind, but why does Lindaman have a huge rope now?

El Lindaman wanted a big fuckin' rope to hit people with. So he went down to the big fuckin' rope factory and got himself a big fuckin' rope.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hulk is challenging YAMATO for the Dream Gate at the February 2nd Korakuen. Personally I'm real happy to see the Champion of my Heart back in the title picture and hopefully he'll win and achieve his dream of making pants entirely out of challenger keys.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The international date line hosed me up and I thought the 2/2 Korakuen show was tonight/this upcoming morning. Luckily haven't had any results spoiled so gonna watch it tonight and maintain my vain hope that BxB Hulk (a true champion) reclaims the Dream Gate from YAMATO.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The rules for the Dead or Alive 2017 steel cage main event have been announced and are as follows.

-Flags will be placed at the top of the cage at each corner. The Dream Gate title belt will be placed on the center pole.
-Takagi, Kong, Hulk, & Doi must first retrieve a flag. Once they have done so, they will gain Dream Gate challenger status.
-The four challengers can be eliminated via pin or submission at any time during the match. This can occur before they are able to retrieve a challenger flag. An eliminated competitor must leave the cage.
-YAMATO must compete during the entire match, but will not be able to retrieve the title belt until there is only 1 challenger remaining. He can not be eliminated via pin fall or submission at any point during the match.
-The match will progress until YAMATO and 1 challenger remain. The match can then be won by retrieving the Dream Gate title belt to win.
-The final competitor left in the cage will lose their hair or mask.

Surpised Susumu hasn't gotten thrown in to round it out to the traditional six, but the match is weird and convoluted enough as is. No obvious face turns to set up this year, so it should be interesting to see how things go down.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I dunno, Kong already unmasked so they could be really safe and just go with him, but I don't see him making the final two. Maybe this is the year Shingo finally gets the mullet shaved.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So two nights ago Yoshino announced that he is back full time. I hope he actually is healthy and isn't rushing back recklessly. Since he's a wrestler it's probably the later.

Anyways as of last night we have a new unit: MaxiMuM

But get hype for Dead or Alive tonight/tomorrow!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I have come to accept that the Inexplicable T-Hawk Singles Push is the new Inexplicable Cyber Kong Singles Push. Hopefully this is the last time they do it for Kobe World though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Who's excited for Kobe World, even despite a possible T-Hawk victory? CK-1/Speed Muscle should be awesome at the very least.

• Locked thread